Idle passing thought conspiracy theory re: President Obama

Discussion in 'Military' started by Liability, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    In the news this morning we were informed that in the darkness of the early morning, President Obama went to the Dover Air Force Base to personally "greet" the soldiers recently fallen in Afghanistan. The Associated Press: Obama visits Dover AFB to honor fallen soldiers

So as not to be too misunderstood, let me note one thing up front: I think his action of going there to officially be present upon the arrival of the remains of our fallen warriors is a perfectly proper and commendable thing for President Obama to do as Commander in Chief.

I thank him for it.

BUT, the conspiracy notion entered my head anyway, so I thought I'd toss it out there to see how others think:

Is it possible that his action was a bit too staged?

Is it possible that he is already thinking of just tossing up his hands, making the "tough" decision to walk away from Afghanistan altogether and using his trip to the Air Force Base as the "motivation" for his "decision" to just get out of Afghanistan?

In that vein, what do you think the President is going to decide with regards to sending more troops to Afghanistan ala the McChrystal recommendation?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Yup. I'd say that is highly probable.

3. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    when the us presidental ally in afganistan looses the run off election .... he will have his wag the dog moment and obama will pull the plug....and you will see his visit again....with a statement that he can not watch more of our boys come home like this .....

4. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    I think he wants to walk away. I just wish he would act like a "decider in chief" on this matter for the first time in his presidency

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,342
    I also commend any President who honors our fallen soldiers.

First, I think Obama will delay any announcement till after next weeks elections.
    I don't think he will walk away, but will authorize fewer additional troops than requested

6. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    do you think authorizing fewer troops then the general commanding the action requests is the correct choice?

7. Shorebreak

Shorebreak Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Absolutely not. During the Presidential campaign, Obama and Biden both committed to finish what Bush started in Central Asia. In addition, the man whom Obama chose as his most senior foreign policy advisor wrote an entire book on US policy that mandates complete US geostrategic domination of Central Asia via military force. That is what Bush started. Obama needs more troops to finish it.

Obama will step up and expand our occupation of Central Asia. It's part of his stated mandate, and it's the policy direction of his most senior corporate globalist advisors.

8. Liability

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Interesting view.

He does seem to have committed some serious political capital (albeit a while ago) to doing as you predict.

But whether he chooses to now (pardon this turn of phrase) "stay the course" is open to real doubt.

I guess we will find out in short order.

I think those who have suggested that he may await the "election" may have a good point.

9. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    I would have agreed that he would not cut and run several weeks back but the fact that he has waited SO long could be viewed as quite calculated. Hell, October was the deadliest month. Pretty shitty, if true.

10. Liability

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Indeed. VERY Shitty if true.

I'd pos rep you for that one, but am obliged to spread it around first.