"Death to all white cops" woman charged...

I hope she spends a very long time in a very small cell.

Why?
Does this type of behavior need to be addressed? Yes it does. Does that necessarily require a ‘long’ sentence in a small cell. Perhaps not. It would hinge on how serious the actual post was. I have a strong feeling that it was not serious in intent at all. More like mad raving. A short time in a cell will impart the understanding that the first amendment does not protect threats. There is no reason to incarcerate people that are not real threats.

And how do you know if the threat is real? We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud do we? You threaten a private citizen, that's bad enough. You threaten a peace officer who has no choice but to operate in full view of the public (i.e. you can lure a cop to your residence by saying you need help then open up on him/her once they arrive--as a private citizen I have no obligation to show up) and I think you deserve an enhanced form of incarceration.
You know by investigating the person and behavior.

Fair enough. Do you think there should be enhanced penalties for threatening police officers and other public officials? I do.
No, not really. I have an aversion with holding them as higher than an average citizen in such a regard. If I punch you in the face I don't see why I would get a lesser sentence than if I punched an officer in the face. I already am going to have to face the reality that I am far more likely to be charged (a cop has the authority and will be believed in court to get me charged) and that authority gives them all the extra protection that I would be willing to give them.

The difference is, in my book, is that the cop's job is to get between your fist and my face. She/he doesn't have a choice

we'll see what happens to the lady , see if she gets off Faq and Candy !!

moto-9.jpg

I'll tell you one thing If I was a cop and these assholes started throwing boulders at me...I'd shot the bastards in self defense. The stupidity of these people makes the logical mind wonder about if these people can ever be integrated into society.

You aren't intelligent enough nor physically capable of being a cop.

Boulders? You saw people throwing boulders?

Shoot. The word is shoot.

The woman was charged. That's why you don't see anyone upset by it.

When you call for the deaths of people...you should be charged.

When you actually kill someone , you should be charged.

If both of those things happened in every case, there would be no riots.

This woman did absolutely nothing illegal. The First Amendment is there to protect unpopular speech. These charges against her are bullshit and if she gets off she should sue for having her civil rights violated.

have to wait and see I guess , woman is out of jail , court is the next stop to see what happens !!

That's actually kind of a tough one, I mean free speech and all, but then again she specifically said she was making plans; maybe that's the point where it "crosses the line" into being considered a credible terroristic threat? I'd hope that they would just give her some time to cool off, and maybe have her to talk to a psychologist or something rather than any jail time.
It is a tough one – generally hate speech is entitled to First Amendment protections unless it advocates for specific, imminent lawlessness or violence.

“All blacks should be killed” is protected speech.

“We will go to the sporting goods store tomorrow at 6 AM when it opens to kill the black store owner when he arrives” is not protected speech.

Her references to 'staring now,' 'tomorrow,' and 'plotting now' likely triggered the imminent lawlessness exemption.

But her arrest is still troubling, and a good argument could be made it isn't warranted.

This woman did absolutely nothing illegal. The First Amendment is there to protect unpopular speech. These charges against her are bullshit and if she gets off she should sue for having her civil rights violated.

No surprise a cop hater like you rushes to her defense. Legal precedent does not support the claim that calling for violence is protected free speech. She's not going to sue because she has no case. Neither do you, Tookie Williams.

Glad to hear that at least one person will be punished! But it's very sad that other people(all these guys who're protesting in Baltimore, St.Louis, etc.) will be not in jail, but still without job...

Forum List

Back