Dear GOP, Corporate Taxes to Zero is NOT a jobs plan. It's a "bribe".

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Jan 19, 2012.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,043
    Remember what happened when the Republicans bailed out the banks with "no strings attached"? The CEO's and BOD's all gave each other "bonuses". Unchecked greed.

Now, listening to the Republican Master Debaters discuss their jobs plan. Where was the plan? At least Obama wants to "build stuff". Cutting taxes hasn't worked since, well, since. Ok, it's never worked.

Why would they continue to think these corporations was "make jobs" if you just make sure they have even more money? They sit on uninvested trillions now. They said they won't create jobs without "demand". Are they even asking for more money? Who would turn more money down? I wouldn't.

Everyone, send me money and I will gladly take it and I will give you a meaningful and sincere "thanks".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Try getting your corporate taxes from GE and Solyndra, jackass.

3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    Obama wants to build stuff?
    Like the Keystone pipeline and Solyndra plants?

Get it through your thick skull- Obama destroys and dismantles.
    He takes apart, then parts out favors.

Corporations sit on "uninvested trillions" just the same as consumers do.

Why? Because our President has no direction or purpose.

He's a ship without sails and he has been as such since he first campaigned.

You are an idiot following an idiot.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,219
    What exactly do you have against people working for themselves instead of for the government?

5. imbalance

imbalance Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Well of course for corporate tax reductions to work as intended you'd also have to dramatically cut gov spending and regulation. By 'intended' I mean a remedy to stagflation rather than just political currency.

6. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,332
    Actually I do remember what happened...the banks paid us back in full. Gee, if we could just get Fannie, Freddie, GM and Solyndra to do that we'd be getting somewhere!

Obama wants to build stuff? Really? Would you be talking about his "shovel ready" jobs, Deanie? You know...the ones that he said were going to kick the economy into high gear right out of the gates? The ones that he then admitted a year later never existed? Or were you talking about his green jobs? You know the ones we spent billions on and haven't gotten squat from yet? Are those the ones we're discussing?
    Or wait...maybe you're talking about high speed rail? You know the thing that's going to cost billions NOW and even more billions later because government backed rail in this country has been losing money like crazy for years? Is that what we're talking about?

Companies want certainty. With Obama they get nothing but uncertainty. He doesn't have a plan so THEY can't plan for the future because they don't know what new regulations Obama's trusty crew of czars and cabinet secretary's is going to hit them with. Is he going to turn the EPA loose with new regs on greenhouse gases? Is he going to let Holder's Justice Department sue you for building a plant in a right to work State or raid an existing plant to seize materials like they did at Gibson Guitars? Are they going to get a waiver on ObamaCare? Is ObamaCare even going to found to be constitutional? Are they going to get drilling permits approved or is the Dept of the Interior going to stall those to make the tree huggers happy? Are they going to try and pass Cap & Trade again? Bottom line is that the group of people we have running the country right now don't have a clue how a free market economy functions. It's a collection of progressive ideologues that don't like capitalism...only put up with the private sector because it provides revenues...and think that anyone who makes a profit is somehow "cheating" the people.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Corporations are humanlike when to comes to bribing POLs, owning property, having the right to free speech.

But when it comes to taxation, they're not like us?

Nice reality parcing there, kiddies.

8. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Right
    government employees get their jobs as favors, family or ... are usually picked over someone qualified that is willing to actually work ... become more lazy as time goes on and wanting more!!
    In the real world you get paid for what you know/performance and compensated if you do better not for taking naps, sick days and in some case not even showing up.

9. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,700
    yea i got my job as a favor.....i remember the president appointing me....:eusa_eh:

10. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    [​IMG]