dead beat parents

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i think dead beat parents are the pits...mom or dad....the parent who doesnt have the kids should pay a reasonable child support. if they do not pay the state should step in and make them pay..too many parents are getting off without paying for their kids.

I get on average 20 bucks a week sometimes less, who knows after this week. Little man's father is MIA, fell off the wagon this weekend and haven't heard from him since.

from an teenage lover
to an unwed mother
kept under covers
like some bad dream

while unwed fathers
they can't be bothered
they run like water
from a mountain stream.

--John Prine

When I do that song, I repeat the last phrase with a small change...

they run like cowards
from responsibility.

I get on average 20 bucks a week sometimes less, who knows after this week. Little man's father is MIA, fell off the wagon this weekend and haven't heard from him since.

How do you ladies get hooked up with such POS in the first place, and then let them get you pregnant? ... :eusa_eh:

How do you ladies get hooked up with such POS in the first place, and then let them get you pregnant? ... :eusa_eh:

The same way men get hooked up with a POS. It cuts both ways.

That's not an answer.... tell me "how."

Last edited:
Pale, different folks have different reasons for their choices. I moved out of home at 11 for reasons I do not need to put here into a post here. I married at 15. Hey the guy was decent. After I became pregnant he was no longer decent. Sometimes life works that away. He decided he had no obligations to support his children when I told him he was not welcome back. Some people think that away. It happens.

That's not an answer.... tell me "how."

Obviously you've never been attracted to a person and been in a relationship.......or you'd know the answer.

"Attracted"... is that your answer? You were "attracted" to a drunken loser?

"OBVIOUSLY" you don't know how to pick 'em.

Yeah, I do. I got me a keeper long ago. But all relationships start of with an attraction. People see something they like and can have a tendency to overlook some bad traits. Also, there are folks out there who misrepresent themselves and appear to be something they are not. Once in a relationship, the new wears off and the real character comes out. Just how many men and women do you think get married knowing their spouse is a POS and go ahrad anyway? I'd say the percentage is small.

Yeah, I do. I got me a keeper long ago. But all relationships start of with an attraction. People see something they like and can have a tendency to overlook some bad traits. Also, there are folks out there who misrepresent themselves and appear to be something they are not. Once in a relationship, the new wears off and the real character comes out. Just how many men and women do you think get married knowing their spouse is a POS and go ahrad anyway? I'd say the percentage is small.

Sometimes people are attracted to someone, get stars in their eyes and don't see what would be "red flags" about the other due to naivety or lack of life experience. It's really very common. And it's a tough lesson to learn - but they do learn.

it is called drugs and alcohol and too much time on your hands.

Pale, different folks have different reasons for their choices. I moved out of home at 11 for reasons I do not need to put here into a post here. I married at 15. Hey the guy was decent. After I became pregnant he was no longer decent. Sometimes life works that away. He decided he had no obligations to support his children when I told him he was not welcome back. Some people think that away. It happens.

See... there's a reasonable, rational explanation. Thank you. That's all I was asking for. The person you met and fell in love with turned into another person. I can see that.

But what I don't understand, and what I was driving towards, is I've known, do know, nice women, that I'd like to get with myself, but they hook up with these guys that are KNOWN ASSHOLES. They've beat up or smacked around prior girl friends and it's no secret. So WHY on God's green earth do women DO THAT?!

States have differing laws with respect to support and separate maintenance. Then there is "post majority" support which is intended to help with college expenses. Yeah, responsible parties should be held responsible- but those receiving the support should be required to spend the money for the benefit of the children. There's nothing guaranteeing that kids will benefit.

and also I was stupid for not protecting myself and getting involved with such a loser but I wouldn't change a thing because if I did I wouldn't have my son . Things happen for a reason and I am pretty used to doing it on my own without his father's help.

So this being the Halloween season and all I read the thread title as 'Dead Beat Parents' . . . you know, zombies beat their parents. Cripes, I should start drinking.

Obviously you've never been attracted to a person and been in a relationship.......or you'd know the answer.

"Attracted"... is that your answer? You were "attracted" to a drunken loser?

"OBVIOUSLY" you don't know how to pick 'em.

Now that I can agree with. I think for the sake of a pretty face or a nice body, people overlook the more important things, i.e., is that person a POS?

States have differing laws with respect to support and separate maintenance. Then there is "post majority" support which is intended to help with college expenses. Yeah, responsible parties should be held responsible- but those receiving the support should be required to spend the money for the benefit of the children. There's nothing guaranteeing that kids will benefit.

It's a happy thought, but not realistic.

Especially if the custodial parent remarries someone with a high income. The support is still based on the non-custodial parent's income, regardless of the combined income of the custodial parent and their new spouse.

So many times the non-custodial parent is scrambling to care for their own family (if they remarry, etc.) while still paying support to their ex. When said ex goes on cruises, buys new houses, property, automobiles, boats, quit their jobs, etc. - it's a little bit hard to swallow.

But no one guaranteed life would be fair, right?

See... there's a reasonable, rational explanation. Thank you. That's all I was asking for. The person you met and fell in love with turned into another person. I can see that.

But what I don't understand, and what I was driving towards, is I've known, do know, nice women, that I'd like to get with myself, but they hook up with these guys that are KNOWN ASSHOLES. They've beat up or smacked around prior girl friends and it's no secret. So WHY on God's green earth do women DO THAT?!
I did not say it was love. I said decent.

Why do they "do that", I have no clue. Your asking a question that is like saying why does anyone abuse anyone else, it happens. Not that it is a good thing but it happens. Maybe they thought the person was decent to begin with, maybe they have issues themselves, sometimes people make odd choices and we may wonder why but it is still up to that individual to make those choices in this life. Personally I think some people deserve each other whatever the case maybe.

I known a lot of people and have watch many people go in and out of relationships in this ole world. We all pay dues here and generally we have freedom of choice. As humans sometimes we make bad choices sometimes we make good ones. It is up to each person to make those choices ultimately. We can't blame another for choices we made that were our own decisions.

I did not say it was love. I said decent.

Why do they "do that", I have no clue. Your asking a question that is like saying why does anyone abuse anyone else, it happens. Not that it is a good thing but it happens. Maybe they thought the person was decent to begin with, maybe they have issues themselves, sometimes people make odd choices and we may wonder why but it is still up to that individual to make those choices in this life. Personally I think some people deserve each other whatever the case maybe.

I known a lot of people and have watch many people go in and out of relationships in this ole world. We all pay dues here and generally we have freedom of choice. As humans sometimes we make bad choices sometimes we make good ones. It is up to each person to make those choices ultimately. We can't blame another for choices we made that were our own decisions.

It's baffling to me Rod. I've met some drop dead, knock out, good looking women in my life, but a couple were real bitches. One even stole a sweater out of my sisters closet when I was in the shower. I told her to take a freakin' hike, and she was one of the hottest babes I'd ever dated. She was straight out of the pages of Playboy. Sure it's the looks thing, 'attraction,' that gets two people initially interested in each other. But damn, if you find out that that person has serious character flaws or is a just plain a POS, why continue? What's the matter with their thinking? They care because that person is hot looking? Are looks that important? Like the woman that keeps getting beat up by an abusive boy friend, husband, whatever, and then when told to get away from him, she say's, "but I love him." That just makes my head explode. I don't understand it. If I was a woman and some man kept beatin' the shit otta me, I'd hate his filthy guts. I'd probably put a bullet in him and then sing with joy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back