"Dead" Air America Losing Its NY Station

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Well, the liberal answer to Rush Limbaugh is losing its flagship station in NY city. The bankrupt "Dead" Air America radio network is losing stations (those few stations that did carry its daily rantings) losing money, and losing what few listerners it dose have
I feel it is yet another example of liberals being unable to compete with conservatives on talk radio
Rush and Sean Hannity rule talk radio, while libs occupy the basement in the ratings
Much like how Fox News is on the top of cable news ratings while CNN, MSNBC, and Headling News are at the bottom looking up at Fox news.
Here is the source where "Dead" Air is losing it flagship station

AIR AMERICA TUNED OUT?

By JOHN MAINELLI

March 7, 2006 -- AIR America is close to losing its New York flagship station - knocking Al Franken and his liberal colleagues off the air on their second anniversary.
The network has a two-year lease with WLIB (AM 1190) that is reportedly set to expire April 1 - and at least one reliable report says it is "extremely likely" the deal will not be renewed.

Losing its New York outlet would be a serious blow to the fledgling liberal radio network. "Radio Equalizer" blogger Brian Maloney - who blew the whistle on questionable loans to the lefty network last year - published the first report that WLIB was on the verge of evicting Air America some time soon.
Air America's options for a new home are not promising. All of the city's other strong-signal stations are spoken for, leaving only weak-signal "fringe" stations that do not cover the entire city and suburbs.

Air America parent Piquant LLC has reportedly been paying Inner City Broadcasting - controlled by former Manhattan Borough President Percy Sutton and his son, Pierre - $2.5 million a year to air Franken and others.

An Air America spokeswoman told The Post, "It's business as usual," and declined further comment.

Air America got unwanted headlines last year when it was learned that previous management had received what investigators called an "inappropriate" $875,000 loan - since repaid - from a Bronx charity.

Calls to Inner City execs were not returned.

The leading contenders to take over the WLIB lease are former Clear Channel exec Randy Michaels, who syndicates competing lefty talker Ed Schultz, and the new Radio One black-focused talk network that includes Rev. Al Sharpton.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/60684.htm

Im listening to the Atlanta affiliate right now. The conservative stations go into lawn care on the weekends. I HATE THAT. Grass sucks.

The conservative stations here have gardening and auto care shows
But hey, Rush and Sean need their weekends off
Al Freakin will have alot of time off soon. Could not happen to a nicer guy

red states rule said:
The conservative stations here have gardening and auto care shows
But hey, Rush and Sean need their weekends off
Al Freakin will have alot of time off soon. Could not happen to a nicer guy

Don't forget the debt free cults!

rtwngAvngr said:
Don't forget the debt free cults!

Al Freakin wanted his years salary paid in advance. He knew they were in bad shape, but he wanted his money up front.

He may need some money tips soon

The guy is such a loser

Hey, widdle one...you! RSR!

You not notice that this article is from March and the lease expired in April??Guess they must have re-negotiated. Deal with it. :)

So...the point of the thread?

Absolutely nada.

Buh bye :bye1:

jillian said:
Hey, widdle one...you! RSR!

You not notice that this article is from March and the lease expired in April??Guess they must have re-negotiated. Deal with it. :)

So...the point of the thread?

Absolutely nada.

Buh bye :bye1:

Sorry babe, "Dead" Air is on life support. They lose money, they have no sponsors, and they are losing their NY station

The purpose of this thread is to show, once again, libs cannot compete with conservatives on talk radio, cable news, and best of all, at the ballot box

Air America to Lose NY Flagship

Katy Bachman

APRIL 27, 2006 -

Air America Radio will lose its New York flagship station, WLIB-AM, on Aug. 31. While the left-leaning radio network’s original lease for the Inner City station ran out March 31, AAR managed to get an extension which only lasts until Aug. 31, according to an informed source.

Through an agreement with ICBC, WLIB will be operated as a joint venture and programmed by P1, a company run by former Clear Channel and Jacor Communications executive Randy Michaels. Michaels is expected to program a progressive-talk format, but replace AAR’s network programming with more local programming. A likely addition to the new lineup: Ed Schultz, the left-of-center talker syndicated by P1.

“To be clear, Air America will not go silent on the New York City airwaves. We do not, however, comment on hypothetical speculation,” said an AAR spokesperson.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002424337

Ecotalk, with special Guest Al Gore. :rotflmao: He's such a huge sissy.

dilloduck said:
The oceans are rising and we're all gonna drown.---Stop driving. NOW.

There are websites we can go to learn how to be "carbon neutral". I'm SO there. Not.

dilloduck said:
OH YA---the carbon footprint thingy---I love realism.:rotflmao:

He also said "There are solutions we must turn toward which are so far outside the norm that politicians aren't talking about them yet, but we must consider them."

WTF is this communist head case talking about?

I've heard some evangelicals are picking up the global warming mantra. How much you wanna bet they also happen to be Christian Zionists?

rtwngAvngr said:
He also said "There are solutions we must turn toward which are so far outside the norm that politicians aren't talking about them yet, but we must consider them."

WTF is this communist head case talking about?

LOL he has a secret plan--you think he's gonna tell everybody? They might steal his ideas.

rtwngAvngr said:
I've heard some evangelicals are picking up the global warming mantra. How much you wanna bet they also happen to be Christian Zionists?

I think Jeff mentioned something about evangelicals picking up on enviromental issues but I can't remember the link.

Forum List

Back