Day at the lake..

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Saturday last a few of us gathered at American Lake, in Lakewood, WA...My friend James told me He could flip me off his tow-tube-thing...I was up for the challenge I thought:

darinraft2.jpg

d'oh! Got cocky! Looks like my 'guns' weren't up to the task :(

darinflip.jpg

so, I waited for him to come and get me... :)

darinwater2.jpg

Dried off, and home for Texas-Hold'em

1pokertable.jpg

:)

I'm SORE...well..yesterday I was pretty sore..today it wasn't so bad.

Here's a vid, btw...very choppy/bouncy...

http://www.d-mphotos.com/movies/darintubetow.wmv

What kinda boat was pulling it?My pc is slow today taking way too long buffering the vid...however I assume it has a nice power plant...my boat could pull a three person tube...but is better with a one person tube...and I just pull the fools around...no way would I want to hit the water at 30-50 mph...ouch! :cof:

archangel said:
What kinda boat was pulling it?My pc is slow today taking way too long buffering the vid...however I assume it has a nice power plant...my boat could pull a three person tube...but is better with a one person tube...and I just pull the fools around...no way would I want to hit the water at 30-50 mph...ouch! :cof:

It's a 120?HP jetboat..forgot the make. It does okay with two passengers and one in the tube..more than that, forget it. :(

:-/

:D

-=d=- said:
It's a 120?HP jetboat..forgot the make. It does okay with two passengers and one in the tube..more than that, forget it. :(

:-/

:D

Mine is a 125hp Force outboard on a Bayliner Capri...one person is best for speed...anymore and the speed is reduced to 25-30mph...which is still fast enough to hurt when ya hit the water!

GotZoom said:
Hey =d=...so...nudge nudge....where are the pics...wink wink...of the wifey.....nudge wink.....

she's in one pic...check email.. :) I can send a couple more tonite.

...accepting all offers/trades/etc.

Tubing is a riot! The one's with the 'holes' are tough on us old-timers though. Getting thrown from them is 'ouch'. My bro and I just ordered a two person one that you can lie flat on or sit on, easier to be 'dumped', but also more kind to enter the water at 30-40 mph!

What's great about tubing is that both little kids that can swim, but might be phobic about water skiing can do it; so can those of us that arthritis makes our old past-time, past! ;)

Not to mention some daughters and nieces that have lost tops from water skiing but want to hit the water. (bring back 1 piece suits!)

Forum List

Back