Dante's Inferno

When I went to see Led Zeppelin the next day I was told by friends that I remembered it was very good.

I went to see the Stones and they sucked.

There was not enough booze in the "just a water-melon" to get that sound out from under my bum.

Music isn't just how many notes you squeeze into a measure.

In the 70s music was about how many drugs and groupies you could squeeze into your measure.

I know, I played in the 60's and 70's...that's why I don't remember...LOL. That was before everything was run through sound boards and even before monitors for vocals...

But it was fun...I might check some boxes in the attic tomorrow for Nehru shirts and paisley pants ... Might be next to my Marantz Quadraphonic Integrated amp that would always clip when set to 2 channel bridge setting...

When I went to see Led Zeppelin the next day I was told by friends that I remembered it was very good.

I stopped going to large venues before many of my friends because they were getting out of hand and the band's were sometimes too fucked up to play.

but some bands were always professional.

the music of most of the 70s was and still is, great

Music isn't just how many notes you squeeze into a measure.

In the 70s music was about how many drugs and groupies you could squeeze into your measure.

I know, I played in the 60's and 70's...that's why I don't remember...LOL. That was before everything was run through sound boards and even before monitors for vocals...

But it was fun...I might check some boxes in the attic tomorrow for Nehru shirts and paisley pants ... Might be next to my Marantz Quadraphonic Integrated amp that would always clip when set to 2 channel bridge setting...

I had a Marantz. :cool:

btw, somebody gave me a Nehru shirt recently. They had no idea why I used that term.

btw, somebody gave me a Nehru shirt recently. They had no idea why I used that term.

Marantz was pretty good stuff for it's day, the 2270 receiver was real popular.

You need to get a medallion to hang around your neck with the Nehru shirt...

Maybe I'll digress to my teenybopper days and get some madras

I saw some paisley print stuff at, I think it was Wal Mart? I loved my hip hugging bell bottoms. and so did others. :eek:

I saw some paisley print stuff at, I think it was Wal Mart? I loved my hip hugging bell bottoms. and so did others. :eek:

Our lead player Kenny put paisley grill cloth on his Fender Deluxe Reverb amp...he earned his nickname... fucking Waldo...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r30xZmXq4zM]YouTube - Rainbow Stargazer Live 1976[/ame]

Best concert I ever attended. Blackmore's Rainbow at the Beacon Theater, NYC, the sound here is awful

There's a large statue stage right that some lunatic climbed during this performance.

The band "Dream Theater" does a cover of this song that except for the vocals, out performs Rainbow across the board

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asJLh5zqcKE[/ame]

Dream Theater will crack your fucking windshield

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M]YouTube - The Trammps - Disco Inferno[/ame]

Vintage!!

I give Blackmore a lot of credit for totally changing his approach to his solos when Gillian joined the band. I LOVED his solos on "Emeretta" "Hard Road" "The Bird has Flown" and a few others from the Mark I version of the band

He was like Zappa in being able to totally transform what he was doing on the guitar in order to bring out the best on the people around him.

Made in Japan is still probably the live album anyone has ever done.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
[youtube]ZEkewW3tgxY[/youtube]

The story behind the song..
The Legendary James Taylor: One Man Band at the Colonial Theatre, Pittsfield, Massachusetts.
July 20 [Summer] 2007. COLONIAL THEATRE

Last edited:

Forum List

Back