Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dsmith99, Aug 14, 2011.
of huntington beach california
Welcome to USMB, dsmith99
1. on national morality, would anyone support the reversal of the law that forbides prayer in school and th epledge of allegiance? (i notice on c-span th members still do).
2. since orlando florida is over their much watch trial, it has been brought to the attention that casey anthony may have been a-c d-c (sex with both men and women), so, what is the stand of our g o p on same sex marriage and an eventual breakup if a small child is being raised in this climate?
3. welfare reform used to be a politicol issue forty years ago, but now the state of florida, the same place where this next debate takes place finally passed a monthly drug test on all welfare recipients, so would our g o p be in favor of a national mandate in all states for hair folicle tests as well as blood tests?
in the h e w department, the clinics that provide abortions by tax payers expense could easily provide tying the tubes on women as well as tying the tubes on men if they are to collect welfare! this would be one measure to cut down on the h e w budget!
also, the luacy of the liberals that are one hundred percent for abortions , but one hundred per cent against capitol punishment, thereby dragging this process out for years, instead of carrying it out in sixty days and save the tax payers lots of money
Dan, I only speak for myself.
1) I believe in prayer and brought both of my children up in my traditional family's church. Since schools no longer hire exclusively Christians nor even traditional family-oriented teachers anymore, if I had to do it again, I'd homeschool me brood. Have you seen this? Or this?
2) I'm registered GOP, but its basic thesis on such issues is to obey the rule of law, which is, do not discriminate against other people based on race, gender, creed or color.
3) GOP generally tends to side with states rights to determine privacy issues, and not the federal government with the exception of national treason by an American citizen.
4) The Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade and associated abortion lawsuits legislated from the bench how abortion should be treated. The good thing was, one woman got justice. The bad thing is, that 1,000,000 unborn Americans per annum suffer an excruciatingly painful death every year, and American taxpayers foot the bill for many of them. The Congress refused and refuses to legislate when life begins, except to go with when the child can breathe in most cases, except when the mother is murdered. Then, court and legislatures have determined that the unborn is a real person who was murdered too, only to assure that the criminal doesn't get off if he has a great lawyer. Wusses of convenient outrage, all!
This stuff is just my opinion, gleaned from reading tons of information, and does not necessarily reflect a skilled lawyer's opinion. I'm just a seamstress, retired to boot.
What does Casey Anthony have to do with much of anything?
Hello, dsmith99. I used to live in Fountain Valley, CA, right next door to you.
Welcome to USMB.
Well, you know, saveliberty, you're probably right, but a lot of Americans felt her case shows just how far American tolerance has been pushed, that justice is for sale to the person who can attract the biggest buffoon of a talented lawyer who will for fame, get a thoroughly corrupt criminal off the hot seat by caterwauling that the lack of DNA indicates enough doubt in a case where absolute irrefutable proof is the only method of convicting someone who is guilty as sin of the crime. In fact, the kid was shell-gamed by the mom who claimed a lie a minute as why her daughter was missing, depending on the audience she was in front of at the moment, not to mention her instant lawyering-up to insure the baby's body would rot to the point of destroying almost every shred of evidence that could be used against her in a court of law.
Not only do criminals get off scot-free, the public spends a ton of money squandering justice.
And that's why people who come here come here. They want to get a ton of sorrow off their chests over America's diminished stature in the world because rats run free over here. Would you like to visit America after reading how this travesty of justice played on for years in the press? What would your chances be if you were murdered when you got over and somebody hid your body to corrode for a year or so in some swamp in order to release a criminal instead of the criminal's getting put away for the crime?
I guess it ain't a crime to discourage a billion tourist dollars from coming to America if a fatcat lawyer gets fatter.
I don't think OJ Simpson got off scotfree and I doubt Casey will either.
Separate names with a comma.