Dan Rather to Step Down

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by freeandfun1, Nov 23, 2004.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
  3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I suppose March is better than the original time table of May. Unfortunately I suspect we will be seeing him do his little 1 hour expose's on how horrible Bush is in his second term, hopefully on that pasture of has beens known as PBS rather than mainstream network affiliates.

4. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    Plus.... he can start a production company on the side like that former CBS reporter Bill Moyer. Great job.... he can push his personal political agenda.... get paid for it.... have the taxpayers foot the bill.... and not allow anyone to audit his books!

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    SO where are the results from the investigation ????????? Are they too hot to release?

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Ive heard it suggested the results of that investigation are the reason he is stepping down sooner rather than later. The question is will those results be made public????? Or watered down for public consumption.

7. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    A man who'd traveled to places you guys wouldn't have the balls to travel; a man who'd reported the news of the Vietnam War straight from the frontlines...? :wtf:

This man did anything and everything to inform you on what was going on. Typical extremist conservative bigotry; mess up once and you'll have to wear the Scarlet Letter. In this case "L".

I wish Dan Rather good luck and God's speed! I hope that whoever replaces him possess equal, if not better, integrity.

8. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    :bs1:

:piss2: dan rather and his commie brethren

9. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49

I respect any person who tries very hard to report the truth. This man had done so for over 25 years; that's a very long time for anyone to be held accountable about his/her's reporting.

"In order to hear me, you must first dig the crap out of your ears; before you can dig the crap out of your ears, you must first pull your head out of your ass"

10. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    Good ol' Dan Rather, bastion of truth and respectability. :rolleyes:

Of course, duing those 25 years, there was no one to challenge him, Jennings, or Brokaw or their kind.... so the claim that he told the truth during that entire time is somewhat subjective, now isn't it?

If it weren't for the new media.... Dan Rather would now be the toast of the town for being so courageous and revealing those long lost memos....

I wonder how Watergate and the McCarthy hearings would have played out if there were Rush Limbaughs, Drudge and the Internet like today?

During the Watergate days, he was Richard Nixon's nemesis. Strange how Dan Rather acted just like hiim during this entire episode.... the denials, the stonewalling.

I wonder if he'll talk about his dog "Checkers" and have a helicopter whisk him away when it's all over?

Do you suppose they'll be singing "Anchors Away" at his going away party? :)

[​IMG]