Damned To Heaven

Is that true? I thought I saw a woman who looked Japanese among the mothers who were on the TV news.

The FLDS has the highest incidence in the world of a genetically transmitted mental retardation. I think there are like 15 cases world wide and 20 cases within the church.

Is that true? I thought I saw a woman who looked Japanese among the mothers who were on the TV news.

They don't agree with interracial breeding as well. I doubt there was a Japanese within them.

Warren Jeffs on Blacks:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSKHLbxkkec&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSKHLbxkkec&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I was wrong. There's a 5th name... Steed.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1732498,00.html?xid=site-cnn-partner

Four surnames dominate the list: Jeffs (relatives of Warren Jeffs, the sect's imprisoned leader and "prophet"), Jessop, Barlow and Steed.

Bit of the history and what Fumarase Deficiency is.... From the same article.

In the 1930s, two families, the Jessops and the Barlows, settled the area around Hildale, Utah, along the border with Arizona, where they founded the FDLS &#8212; and began handing down to their descendants a recessive gene for a severe form of mental retardation called Fumarase Deficiency. The birth defect has become increasingly prevalent within the FLDS community since 1990 when it was first identified by Dr. Theodore Tarby, an Arizona pediatric neurologist, now retired but formerly with the Children's Rehabilitative Services in Phoenix. He saw his first case when an FLDS mother brought her severely retarded son to see him. Tarby asked the mother whether any of her other children had problems, and she mentioned a daughter with cerebral palsy &#8212; testing proved that she, too, had Fumarase Deficiency syndrome.

The birth defect &#8212; an enzyme deficiency &#8212; causes severe mental retardation, epilepsy and disfigurement of features. "The retardation is in the severe range &#8212; an IQ around 25," Dr. Tarby says. Afflicted children are missing portions of their brain, often cannot sit or stand, and suffer grand mal seizures and encephalitis. Language skills are nonexistent or minimal. "I remember one little girl has a fascination with coins and the only word she could say was 'money,'" the doctor said. Families whose children are affected often avail themselves of state-funded medical care, consistent with the FLDS philosophy of seeking government aid &#8212; despite their suspicion of government &#8212; which they call "bleeding the Beast."

They don't agree with interracial breeding as well. I doubt there was a Japanese within them.

I did some googling but couldn't find anything about the FLDS mother who looked Asian. However I came across some stuff on welfare fraud and the FLDS. Apparently they call it "bleeding the beast". Here is a link to a site which is obviously biased against cults but had some interesting statistics.
http://rickross.com/reference/polygamy/polygamy5.html

Then you add in the Lost Boys of the FLDS....

http://www.mazeministry.com/mormonism/polygamy/lostboys.htm

Former members describe a religion that thrives on domination. Every detail of their life was scripted—from plural marriages to what they could wear, who they could associate with and what job they could have. In the last 4 1/2 years, more than 400 teenage boys have been excommunicated, many for seemingly minor infractions such as watching a movie or talking to a girl.

This group has issues.

The Amish? Where did that come from? Because of their clothing or what? Because they have nothing else in common -and this cult wasn't raided because of their clothing. This cult believes they are the direct descendants of Jesus and are obligated to keep the bloodline pure. That is the reason for the in-breeding and the reason there are only 4 "families" in the group -although they are so intermixed, they are not distinct and separate families. Their girls and women are bred in this cult like cattle -marriage and producing children has nothing to do with love, it has everything to do with keeping the bloodline going as "pure" as possible. And female children and adolescents are forced into "marriages" against their will. If a man leaves the cult, his "wife" and children are simply given to another man. Very few females have successfully escaped from this cult -but those who have, have some real horror stories.

I live fairly close to a pretty large Amish community and there is nothing comparable to this cult. They don't force their adolescent girls into a marriage, they don't have a plan to breed their females like cattle and they don't believe they are the direct descendants of Jesus. They simply believe in hard work and keeping the intrusion of modern technology into their lives at a minimum in the belief that it leads to an unhealthy reliance on it that would lead to both laziness and giving more respect and awe for technology than for the Lord.

I have a question though. Texas has known for at least five years what these people were doing, because someone reported on this story back then in pretty good detail -so what changed that they decided NOW was the time to act instead of earlier?

The Mormon Religion which these idiots claim to follow does NOT claim anyone is directly related to Jesus. A tad hard to be related to him since most Christians believe he never had any children.

Joseph Smith founded the real church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He did so not by claiming he was a descendant of Jesus but by claiming he was visited by several Angels and Jesus and given access to gold tablets that spoke of the trials and lives of people on the North American Continent.

Further even if Smith had made that claim, these 4 families could hardly make the same claim.

What this group and the LDS believe is that the leader of the Church is a PROPHET of God. And all that entails. Not that he is somehow a direct descendant of Jesus.

Then you add in the Lost Boys of the FLDS....

http://www.mazeministry.com/mormonism/polygamy/lostboys.htm

This group has issues.

Issues for which there aren't enough tissues in the entire world!

I had heard about the lost boys a few years ago. It seems odd to me that the followers of this cult don't do a little simple arithmetic and figure out that if males and females are born at approximately the same rate, the FLDS way of life necessitates getting rid of a certain percentage of male children. It should be obvious to the followers that some boys are kicked out not because they are misbehaving but because they are competition for wives.

What is even more mind boggling to me is how a person can become so brainwashed that they would abbandon a son or brother because some preacher says that is what god wants. Or allow their daughter to be raped.

The more I read about this cult the scarier they sound. I think the government has acted not a moment too soon. We've seen too many of these rapture type cults end in mass suicide.

Forum List

Back