Damned slow ass Hybrids

nobody cares about electric cars

CORRECTION: Nobody like the kookster with an IQ lower than room temperature cares about electric cars.

Of course, everybody with more than half a brain is overjoyed that we'll finally be getting clean, non-polluting transportation that will be way cheaper to operate than the horribly inefficient, overly complicated internal combustion engine vehicles that poison our air and change our climate.

LOLOLOL.....so you're still totally retarded, eh kookster....here's another electric car that is selling pretty well.....but all of these are just preliminary models.....watch what happens in the next few years when the next generation lithium batteries come into production and plug-in pure electric vehicles can go 3 or 4 hundred miles on a charge that only takes 10 minutes.....since electrics are way cheaper to drive per mile than gasoline powered cars, everyone with more than half a brain is going to want one....not you, of course, kookster, considering the peanut sized brain you're cursed with.....

Tesla to start deliveries of Model S electric cars next month

By Jerry Hirsch
Los Angeles Times
May 22, 2012
(excerpts)

Tesla Motors Inc. said it will begin delivering its first mass production electric car -– the high-end Model S to customers starting June 22, about a month ahead of the expected schedule. The Palo Alto-based company says it has more than 10,000 orders for the battery-powered car but that not all will be delivered this year. The sedan offers seating for five adults and, in some configurations, room for an extra two children's seats. It also is to have some speed, with an anticipated zero-to-60-mph acceleration of less than six seconds. The price of the Model S ranges from $49,900 to $97,900, depending on its mileage range and options and after a federal $7,500 tax credit for electric vehicles. Early sales will be of the most expensive model. Morgan Stanley, the investment bank, forecast that Tesla will sell close to 3,000 cars this year, 16,000 next year and 19,000 the following year.

No, dear boy they are not "way cheaper". they cost more per mile to drive than a fossil fueled car.
LOLOL. The walleyedretard is spewing more of his ignorant denier cult myths, I see. Total BS of course.

The cost of the necessary electricity to take an EV one mile is less than a fourth of the cost of the gasoline used by a regular car to go a mile. Except for the current generation of batteries, maintenance costs are almost nil for EVs because they have only about half a dozen moving parts rather the 150 to 200 in gasoline engine cars. Current generation EV batteries are about the only problem because they don't last as long as the vehicle but that is going to change radically with the next generation lithium batteries (and possibly super-capacitors too) that can take a vehicle 300 to 400 miles on a charge and last longer than the life of the vehicle. Even now the overall costs of an EV are less than regular gas cars.

Electric Cars--How Much Does It Cost per Charge?
Scientific American

Comparing Energy Costs per Mile for Electric and Gasoline Vehicles
United States Department of Energy

Electric Car Cost Per Mile

Add to that the toxic nature of the batteries when they fail and the associated cost to exchange them out and the cost goes up yet again. Then when you consider you can buy an equivalent car for 28,000 and the cost differential is that much greater. Nice try but real world mathematics bites you in the ass yet again.

Toxicity of lithium to humans and the environment—A literature review

The next generation solid lithium metal polymer batteries solve all of the problems you obsess over in your crackpot attempt to denigrate the new and better technologies that threaten to cut the profits of your puppet-masters in the fossil fuel industry.

Cost-effective EV battery passes German tests, recharges in minutes
April 12th 2011

Lithium Jolt: DBM Energy: This Breakthrough Will Soon Slash EV Prices Drastically
September 04, 2011

Lithium Jolt: Where Are you - Lithium Wonder Battery?
January 05, 2012

Toyota Develops New Electric Car Battery
May 24, 2012

Two of your links had Trojans so I didn't bother to go any further. How about doing a cut and paste so i don't have to risk my computer with your viruses.

CORRECTION: Nobody like the kookster with an IQ lower than room temperature cares about electric cars.

Of course, everybody with more than half a brain is overjoyed that we'll finally be getting clean, non-polluting transportation that will be way cheaper to operate than the horribly inefficient, overly complicated internal combustion engine vehicles that poison our air and change our climate.

And yet the kookster with a low IQ is bitchslapalooza-ing you and your super duper intelligencia at every turn. Guess you're not so bright after all.....

And yet the kookster with a low IQ is bitchslapalooza-ing you and your super duper intelligencia at every turn. Guess you're not so bright after all.....

LOLOLOLOL....I guess I lot of things 'happen' in your poor little deranged fantasy world that aren't apparent in the real world, walleyed. But then of course two retards 'of a feather' would stick together so your support for the moronic kookster and his braindead nonsense are quite understandable.

No, dear boy they are not "way cheaper". they cost more per mile to drive than a fossil fueled car.
LOLOL. The walleyedretard is spewing more of his ignorant denier cult myths, I see. Total BS of course.

The cost of the necessary electricity to take an EV one mile is less than a fourth of the cost of the gasoline used by a regular car to go a mile. Except for the current generation of batteries, maintenance costs are almost nil for EVs because they have only about half a dozen moving parts rather the 150 to 200 in gasoline engine cars. Current generation EV batteries are about the only problem because they don't last as long as the vehicle but that is going to change radically with the next generation lithium batteries (and possibly super-capacitors too) that can take a vehicle 300 to 400 miles on a charge and last longer than the life of the vehicle. Even now the overall costs of an EV are less than regular gas cars.

Scientific American

Add to that the toxic nature of the batteries when they fail and the associated cost to exchange them out and the cost goes up yet again. Then when you consider you can buy an equivalent car for 28,000 and the cost differential is that much greater. Nice try but real world mathematics bites you in the ass yet again.

The next generation solid lithium metal polymer batteries solve all of the problems you obsess over in your crackpot attempt to denigrate the new and better technologies that threaten to cut the profits of your puppet-masters in the fossil fuel industry.

April 12th 2011

Lithium Jolt: DBM Energy: This Breakthrough Will Soon Slash EV Prices Drastically
September 04, 2011

January 05, 2012

May 24, 2012
Two of your links had Trojans so I didn't bother to go any further. How about doing a cut and paste so i don't have to risk my computer with your viruses.
Just more of your cowardly BS and avoidance so you don't have to face the facts that you want so badly to distort and spin for your political agenda.

INdeed West...........and by the way. If one followed this knothead Rolling Thunder, we'd be moving food across America like this...................

30-2573-4.jpg

Fortunately, hundreds of millions of tons of food are moved across the US each year with thousands of these...................

Deisel.jpg

............that stupid cheesedick RT doesnt even know it. America doesnt eat without them:lol::lol: And they arent going anywhere for a long, long time. Lifespan of these beautiful machines is 30 years and at a cost of 2.5 million each, dollar to a stale donut most will be in service well into the 2030's!!!

PS West...........and another nugget of pwn by the resident moron of the environmental forum, SKOOKS..............

Cars sold in the US in 2011?

Electric cars sold in US?

20110519_0052_1-14.jpg

Scientific American

April 12th 2011

September 04, 2011

January 05, 2012

May 24, 2012
Just more of your cowardly BS and avoidance so you don't have to face the facts that you want so badly to distort and spin for your political agenda.

No, two of your links had trojan horse viruses attached to them. I choose not to risk my computer with your BS nonsense. If you wish to discuss what they have to say then post excerpts otherwise it is just a load of crap designed to damage computers.

Which, from a unethical twerp like you, is not surprising.

No, two of your links had trojan horse viruses attached to them. I choose not to risk my computer with your BS nonsense. If you wish to discuss what they have to say then post excerpts otherwise it is just a load of crap designed to damage computers.

West bro............cant tell you how much of a kick I get out of you and wire and Ian publically humiliating this clown RT. I literally come on her late at night and laugh my balls off.............particularly at the mental meltdown responses after he's pwned ( I think its a he???:gay:)

Hey West.............for all the green cheerleading you get on here from the k00ks, youd think we'll all be driving a Nissan Leaf next year!!!:up: But check out my latest thread on Shell Oil. Not losing!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

West bro............cant tell you how much of a kick I get out of you and wire and Ian publically humiliating this clown RT. I literally come on her late at night and laugh my balls off.............particularly at the mental meltdown responses after he's pwned ( I think its a he???:gay:)

Hey West.............for all the green cheerleading you get on here from the k00ks, youd think we'll all be driving a Nissan Leaf next year!!!:up: But check out my latest thread on Shell Oil. Not losing!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yep, it's pretty amusing. they make all of these ridiculous claims but then the real world rears its ugly head and bites them right in the ass. If EV's were as great as they claim, and as cheap to operate as they claim EVERYONE would have one by now. It would be STUPID not to.

But, with sales of 20,000 to several million, I think we can see just how "great" they are.

LOLOL.....you'll say anything to avoid acknowledging the facts, walleyed. I posted eight links. Are you incapable of naming the specific ones that you claim are 'infected'? Was it the Scientific American site or the US Dept of Energy? LOL. You old fraud. You're just afraid to face the facts about your denier cult delusions. But OK, I'll humor your delusions and fears and post some relevant excerpts.

GM/Volt.com
by Jeff Cobb
April 12th 2011
(excerpts)

A German company has the attention of the electric vehicle industry and those watching it, having recently documented remarkable claims for its KOLIBRI lithium-metal-polymer battery. DBM Energy GmbH yesterday told GM-Volt.com that its design could wind up costing less than the types of batteries used in the Chevrolet Volt, the Nissan LEAF, and other EVs while radically exceeding all meaningful performance criteria. We’re talking potential for reasonably priced electric cars that could travel 300-400 miles on a charge, and be replenished in minutes. If reports we were given prove true, this would mean the future is practically now – not years from now – with safe and durable batteries threatening to relegate petrol cars to merely optional status.

According to DBM Energy’s Chief Operating Officer, Markus Röser, a 98.8-kWh version of its battery can be fully recharged inside of six minutes...And if trip-to-the-gas-station recharge times are not enough, consider the battery’s range potential. One version with over seven times the energy capacity of the Volt’s battery, and 4.75 times power of the LEAF’s battery, had enough juice to propel a converted Audi A2 test mule for more than 400 miles at highway speeds on a single charge. Last October, as some forum posters on GM-Volt have since chronicled, the Audi converted by DBM with help from Lekker Energie, and funding from the German economy ministry, traveled 375 miles from Berlin to Munich with a 98-kWh version of the battery. Upon arrival in Munich, the battery was reportedly only 80-percent depleted, which would mean range potential of well over 400 miles. The battery weighted just 770 pounds. The battery pack in a Tesla Roadster weighs 29-percent more at 990 pounds, and that car is EU-certified for only 211 miles per charge. And as for durability, DBM said the KOLIBRI battery’s lifespan should be 10 years, or 5,000 charge cycles. But what would it cost? An estimated price for a (larger) 98.8-kWh version was a paltry $1,100-$1,400. Germany’s federal agency for materials research and testing – BAM – independently certified DBM’s KOLIBRI battery after a series of eight tests. These were reportedly done according to the UN Test Handbook protocol for lithium batteries, and the battery came out with flying colors.

copyright 2007-2011 GM-Volt.com, LLC - All Rights Reserved

(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.)

Last edited:
A little follow-up on youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAYYBQE1344"]dbm kolibri battery[/ame]

In Realville though, the advent of the EC is not in question from anybody...........but the implication made by the green radicals that we are months away from everybody driving EC's is scary naive...............like the advances in battery technology and then briniging it to market in any meaningful way is right there on the horizon.

In Realville...........its not........its decades away. Why? Because thats how the markets work and far left guys dont understand markets. Never have. These people never give it a second thought that the internal combution engine market will adapt with their own technological advances perpetuating the fucked up economy of scale for the EC. ............The far left guys think that the battery makers are develping this technology because they care about the environment. And its like from their perspective, the internal combustion engine doesnt exist and these folks are going to lay down and just let the EC take over for the betterment of the planet!!:D And what of the logistics of powering up? To the green left, its not even considered that grids carry a price tag.:lol: To them, its an automatic to just throw another tax at the people, as if they will all accept it with open arms!!!:gay:

In Realville, the grand design is far, far more complicated than wishing for something based upon, ummm.........wishful thinking. Green leaning people will always be OK with paying a premium to be able to drive an electric car. But the majority?:slap: For most people, economics and sound reason trump idealism.

But that is why skooks is around here...........to bring it all back to Realville when wishful thiinking becomes k00k.

To many on the far left.............Realville sucks

The Future Of Electric Vehicles: Who? Where? When? How Much? How Many? | The Truth About Cars

Preparing For The Electric Car Future - Forbes.com

Last edited:
Porsche shows off 918 Spyder Prototype

Altogether, the gas-electric drivetrain should be good for a 3.1-second 0-60 sprint and a top speed of 199 mph. Perhaps even more impressive is the news that the 918 will be able to propel itself with electric power at speeds of up to 94 mph. That little fact helps account for the news that the vehicle should be able to return around 78 miles per gallon on the EU cycle. Scroll down for the brief press release, but not before checking out the high-res gallery.

Show full PR text

Shove one out of a C130 at 10,000 feet and it will do about 124mph for a short burst. Batteries are for toys and will never be a suitable substitute for petroleum products.

thunder isn't up to "discussing" anything. He is a cut and paste drone. I don't think I have ever seen him express an idea in his own words here that was any more complex than a juvenile ad hominem.

Can I fit 5 adults and two dogs into one of those little hybrid cars? Wait . . . can I fit 5 adults and two dogs into one of those little hybrid cars and still have room to breathe?

What if we all drove these 70miles-per-gallon cars? Most everyone. We'd all be buying much, much less gas which means much less money in the pockets of big oil and gov't (don't forget the taxes!). They'd just raise the price and we'd all be in the same boat money-wise as we are now. But we'd be squished to boot.

Last edited:
In Realville though, the advent of the EC is not in question from anybody...........but the implication made by the green radicals that we are months away from everybody driving EC's is scary naive...............like the advances in battery technology and then briniging it to market in any meaningful way is right there on the horizon.

In Realville...........its not........its decades away. Why? Because thats how the markets work and far left guys dont understand markets. Never have. These people never give it a second thought that the internal combution engine market will adapt with their own technological advances perpetuating the fucked up economy of scale for the EC. ............The far left guys think that the battery makers are develping this technology because they care about the environment. And its like from their perspective, the internal combustion engine doesnt exist and these folks are going to lay down and just let the EC take over for the betterment of the planet!!:D And what of the logistics of powering up? To the green left, its not even considered that grids carry a price tag.:lol: To them, its an automatic to just throw another tax at the people, as if they will all accept it with open arms!!!:gay:

In Realville, the grand design is far, far more complicated than wishing for something based upon, ummm.........wishful thinking. Green leaning people will always be OK with paying a premium to be able to drive an electric car. But the majority?:slap: For most people, economics and sound reason trump idealism.

But that is why skooks is around here...........to bring it all back to Realville when wishful thiinking becomes k00k. To many on the far left.............Realville sucks

The Future Of Electric Vehicles: Who? Where? When? How Much? How Many? | The Truth About Cars

Preparing For The Electric Car Future - Forbes.com
ROTFLMAO......too, too funny....one of the most reality challenged retards on here wants to talk about "Realville".....LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....

From your first (year old) article cited which is from an automobile blog by a former rock and roll journalist who now has an advertising agency that works for Volkswagon:

"There is another thought that crosses my mind when I write about predictions. Before the IBM PC was launched in 1981, IBM had done extensive studies. The overall market for such a device was seen limited to 5,000. I kid you not. 5,000 pieces total. My agency had the European account for IBM, and I had their data. We all know how that worked out."

From your two year old second article cited from Forbes that is all about "How companies can win from the transition to electric vehicles" and that doesn't dispute the fact that electrics vehicles are the wave of the future: "The advent of the electric car is no longer in question--only the timetable is."

What you and other writers seem incapable of comprehending is that new battery technology is a game changer in the EV market. Once EV's can go 400 to 600 miles on a single charge that takes only minutes and the batteries last longer than the vehicle and cost less than $1500, the difference in running costs and maintenance between EVs and IC engine cars will be so great that everybody is going to want an pure electric vehicle. When will that happen? Probably within the next three or four years. How much will gas cost by then? It's $4.20 now where I live and will probably be over 6 bucks a gallon by then.

Shove one out of a C130 at 10,000 feet and it will do about 124mph for a short burst. Batteries are for toys and will never be a suitable substitute for petroleum products.

Hey, it's old wiredup&bent again. Good to see that you are as delusional and insane as ever. How's the weather up there in your rectum where you've got your head lodged?

Forum List

Back