Damn it, the scum is spared for a few more days...

Originally posted by jimnyc
First off, I wasn't talking to you, asswipe. Secondly, read back a few posts to where st8ofmind posted an article about the Iraqi giverning council. If they are considered illegitimate for everything else, it's kind of hypocritical to use them as a source when they say something negative about the US.

Nice of you to not comprehend the progress of this thread, dolt.

I just asked for clarification, my good man. Didn't realize it was a sore spot. My towel was hanging over my eyes.

Originally posted by Scourge
I just asked for clarification, my good man. Didn't realize it was a sore spot. My towel was hanging over my eyes.

Take your faux politeness and ignorant looking doe eyes and go to albuquerque!

Not sure what you're responding to about the women and children... but anyway, what morals exactly? Demanding an occupied population stop defending itself? Or we will surround your sities and fire upon them? Until WE choose a new set of rulers for you? Why wouldn't the love us? Do we keep track of the civilians we've killed? Is it 10:1 or 100:1?
Anybody know?

Perhaps if you actually paid attention to what our soldiers have to stay and what real Iraqis that live hear have heard from their countrymen, you wouldnt sound as ignorant as you do. Instead you are under the false impression that the entire country of Iraq (a land area roughly the size of 2 texas') is in revolt. You incorrectly assume that a vast majority of the people are fighting back against the coalition. You also falsely conclude that the people of Iraq do not want us there.

Granted they do want to govern themselves and eventually they will, they realize that they will be no better off if the Coalition leaves right now just because of a few insurgents. This also is not without precedent to appoint officials until such a time when general elections can be held. Germany post WW2 and more recently Afghanistan have had appointed leaders until they could hold general elections.

There are a few towns with a couple of hundred to a thousand people out of the whole nation of Iraq (population 24 million). That hardly counts as a massive uprising. That would be like the town of Penndel, PA uprising against all of Pennsylvania.

As for your last assumption, the Iraqi people indeed want us there and are deathly afraid of us leaving. Don't believe me. Take a look at letters from soldiers.

http://middleeastinfo.org/article3521.html
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/columnists/dave_lieber/8197814.htm?1c

[sarcasm]Sounds absolutely hopeless doesnt it?[/sarcasm] Not everything you see on TV is the whole truth.

The first link worked, and the second I don't have time to register or whatever. but the first was essentially a right=wing website, correct? It espouses a right-wing point of view? Is this your source for Iraqis hearts and minds? is the messages from the US army soldiers your source? Isn't that odd asking the very army that invaded if they are wanted in this country? What does Al Jazeera have to say about the Iraqi-vibe towards the occupation?

Sure, I don't know what's really going on there, I am not over there. I only have various news sources to guide me.
But depending on which side of the guns you're on,
your opinion may be a bit skewed... so I am less convinced by army letters than you.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Take your faux politeness and ignorant looking doe eyes and go to albuquerque!

Look buddy, if I responded to my hate mail with like-sounding insults I would be banned. Some people have more rope than others... (insert hanging joke here). I'll try to ease up on the faux politeness,.... you, you jerk. Whoa, that was liberating. Albequerque is out of the question, maybe you could just send me PICTURES of your family instead...?

Look buddy, if I responded to my hate mail with like-sounding insults I would be banned. Some people have more rope than others... (insert hanging joke here). I'll try to ease up on the faux politeness,.... you, you jerk. Whoa, that was liberating. Albequerque is out of the question, maybe you could just send me PICTURES of your family instead...?

There are plenty of pricks here just like you, so don't act like users get banned for lesser reasons than others. Those that get less rope are those that come here and start their bullshit with their first few posts. Long statnding members get the same leeway whether they are liberal or conservative. If people were banned simply because I didn't like them you would have been gone a long time ago.

"Stupid Iraqis getting in the way of their freedom again, don't they know we're the good guys? " posted by scourge

This is an extremely narrow view. Think about how mad you get every time you hear of an American soldiers death. Might the Iraqis also feel this way about the deaths of their freinds? family? To the Iraqis (most of them anyway) Saddam was an asshole dictitorial leader. So to get rid of said asshole we invade and a bunch of Iraqis die. We are on their streets with assualt weapons. All of this and you still expect them to trust us and welcome us with open arms? No, to them we are not the generic "good guys" we are the guys who dropped the bombs, that killed their fellow Iraqis.

Misguided, sure. Wrong, absolutely. Intentionaly getting in the way of their own freedom, I somehow doubt it.

I was being sarcastic, I tend to fall on the extreme-left pseudo-hippy love al-jazeera-think-CNN-is-propaganda side of things. I think iraqis are quite cognisant (cognizant?) of the US forces and what they are doing there. And why the invaded. I honestly was not implying the were getting the way of their freedom, I was implying that's how America portrays them all too often.

i dunno, i was being sarcastic is all...

New Topics

Forum List

Back