Damn it, the scum is spared for a few more days...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by insein, Apr 26, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A41996-2004Apr25?language=printer

For those that say i don't criticize bush, well here it is. We should go in to this town hard and fast. Eliminate these animals now and send a message to everyone else. This is sending the wrong message to the people. This is telling people that we will negotiate on certain basis. I don't like this.

I know these insurgents will attack our boys on their patrols. Hoepfully then our leaders will see that we need to just bust that town up and worry about the bodies later.

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    It could be an effort to pull the Iraqis into the fight. They need to get into it sometime.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Have to agree with you Insein, seems ridiculous that they have kept all those troops waiting for over a week, getting pot shots taken at them. On top of that, all those that have had to flee, (the one good thing that came out of the cease fire), need to be able to return to their homes.

4. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I feel the same as you all. I think this looks to much like we are backing down or somehow negotiating,which I though we didn't do with these people. Bin Laden himself has said that this is our weaknes,we have compassion,and that's good. But what price are our soldiers going to pay and the rest of Iraq on June 30th if we let this nonsense go on?

5. st8_o_mind

st8_o_mind Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I just saw a headline on CNN that reported that there was a fierce firefight going on in Fullujah right now.

Apparently the "new strategy" didn't last very long. I am afraid this will result in more flag drapped coffins flying into Dover and a lot of civilian casualties as well as some of the insurgents. War sucks.

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    This is the price of freedom. If any American seriously believed that negotiations were going to fix everything they need their head checked. Like roaches you have to kill the nest. As for the civilians thats war for ya, can't win if they are your major concern. God bless mother green and her killing machine in Fallujah, may they kill multiples of the enemy for every one of us.

7. SPIKESMYGOD

SPIKESMYGOD Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Yes, even though I understand the sensitivity issue, I'm becoming very worried about this hesitation to take the fight to these lowlifes. However, I am seeing progress:

Today, I saw some beautiful clips of a mosque on fire from one of our assults. Yeah, this is probably JUST what the enemy wants, but I found it beautiful because it is time that we stop this "certain targets are off-limits" mentality. Beautiful because it shows these thugs that we are NOT going to sit by much longer and allow them to strike at us from mosques with impunity. Once these scumbags & murderers carry weapons into a mosque and use it as a safe haven from where they can shoot at us, they have besmirched the mosque and stripped it of all off-limits legitimacy.

FIRE AWAY!

8. Tippy Toes

Tippy Toes Funny girl

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Don't ya think they are worried about the women, and children? That's probably it, and I guess it will look very,very bad if they get a bunch of kids. The media would eat it up. Anything negative, or Anti-American makes the news first.

9. Scourge

Scourge Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Stupid Iraqis getting in the way of their freedom again, don't they know we're the good guys?
    Who else but friends surrounds your town and fires weapons at you?

"This is the US Army. Do not defend yourselves, or you will be labelled insurgents. You have 2 days to hand over your old weapons and prepare for domination. We will not back down from you in fear. You cannot intimidate us, we have unshakable resolve."

10. Reilly

Reilly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not only would it look bad, but it would be bad to kill a bunch of children. I am not suggesting that you don't recognize this. I just doubt they are holding up just to avoid bad media coverage. Hopefully, they are truly concerned about the deaths of innocent civilians.