Damn America you need to wake up

Without clicking I assume these clips were from Black Friday.
Going on that assumption, this is a limited time pre-scheduled event.
Sensible humans should already be preparing ahead for real events.
In the case of a real emergency half the population will be waiting for the government to help them.

Most people really are not in a position to prepare for the breakdown of civilization.

Oh most of us can prepare for a few weeks or months of hard times, if we're lucky, but to prepare for a world where nothing is working for an extended period of time?

Very few people are in a position to prepare for that event.

If we're VERY LUCKY, when/if we have that sort of monumental economic meltdown, (one where money is worthless, and nothing is working) there will still be enough authority left for the central or local governments to declare martial law.

Sounds horrid doesn't it?

Well even martial law is not nearly so horrid as anarchy.
MREs aren't so bad....

This past friday a lot of Americans have proven that they are not in any way shape or from prepared for an economical crisis. What will these people do when the sheleves are empty in the local super markets? If this video is a calibur of how they will react.......

May God have mercy on us all for what we have done.
THE MADNESS OF A LOST SOCIETY

Hayek owning Keynes in rap form. ;)

Keynes died in 1946. How big a factor was planned obsolescence in the economy up 'til then?

Keynes never saw a society with television brainwashed consumerism.

So here we are 41 years after the Moon landing and either economists can't figure out that it is going on or they are lying by omission. But regardless of whether or not PO is going one durable consumer good still depreciate. How much do Americans lose on the depreciation of automobiles every year? Have our economists noticed.

Oh yeah, $30,000 cars are consumer goods just like $3 hamburgers. That depreciation can be ignored. Just like our schools can make Shakespeare more important than double-entry accounting.

Fifth graders can learn accounting as well as collegians

psik

Hipiter, even though right now I am calling for a keynesian response to this deflationary cycle we're stuck in, I do NOT entirely discount the Heyackian POV.

There are times when we need to give the SUPPLY side the advantage, and times when we need to give the DEMAND side advantage.

What we're facing now is the result of us having given the SUPPLY side so much advantage that the DEMAND side no longer can live up to its responsibilites to buy stuff and pay their bills.

And as far as I can tell, continuing to give the SUPPLY side the advantage is only going to make things even worse.
A credible but erroneous position. Deflation and bankruptcy is the only cure for bubbles. The purported quick and easy solutions are slower and more difficult ways out.

Hipiter, even though right now I am calling for a keynesian response to this deflationary cycle we're stuck in, I do NOT entirely discount the Heyackian POV.

There are times when we need to give the SUPPLY side the advantage, and times when we need to give the DEMAND side advantage.

What we're facing now is the result of us having given the SUPPLY side so much advantage that the DEMAND side no longer can live up to its responsibilites to buy stuff and pay their bills.

And as far as I can tell, continuing to give the SUPPLY side the advantage is only going to make things even worse.

That makes sense to me.

Forum List

Back