Daily Kos to bring noise/funk, googlebomb style

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Behold the collective power of the collective collecting...

borg-1.jpg

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

The goal of Grassroots SEO is to get as many undecided voters as possible to read the most damaging news article about the Republican candidate for Congress in their district. It is based on two simple premises:

1. One of the most common political activities people take online is to use search engines, mainly Google, to find information on candidates. (For more information, see the Pew Internet and American Life Project’s report on 2008 online political engagement.)

2. These results of these searches are always in flux based upon hyperlinks anyone posts anywhere on the Internet, including message board comments and social networking sites (but not email).

As a result of this, not only is it possible for us to use our hyperlinks to impact what people find when they search for information on candidates, but we would be foolish not to do so in a way that benefited our preferred candidates. We are already impacting search engine rankings whenever we post any hyperlink anywhere, so we need to make sure the way we use hyperlinks helps result in our preferred political outcomes.

ALLAHPUNDIT (peace be upon him) has the usual good take on the matter over at HA however be warned your traffic will go to Daily Kos and Hot Air via the links provided. (duu duu duuuuu)

Daily Kos launches googlebomb midterm campaign against GOP candidates Hot Air

Check both links, resistance is futile.

The goal of Grassroots SEO is to get as many undecided voters as possible to read the most damaging news article about the Republican candidate for Congress in their district. It is based on two simple premises:
Actually, it's one single premise:

Nobody, including the barking moonbats at Daily Kooks, can find too much to say in favor of their favored candidates.

Nobody, including the barking moonbats at Daily Kooks, can find too much to say in favor of their favored candidates.

Not true. A browse through the Netroots list demonstrates that you just made that up.

I don't believe googlebombing is as easy as it was in the old days. There are more pages, more links, and Google adjusts its SEOs to prevent this kind of thing. If you are obviously googlebombing, your SEO will sink like a rock.

This will bounce back on Kos very hard.

I don't believe googlebombing is as easy as it was in the old days. There are more pages, more links, and Google adjusts its SEOs to prevent this kind of thing. If you are obviously googlebombing, your SEO will sink like a rock.

SEO adjustments still aren't proactive, they're reactive. It might be tough to build another "miserable failure" google bomb, but it won't effect what Chris Bowers is suggesting. Do you really think that google is going to adjust their primary algorithms when the various candidate links go to multiple MSM sites?

SEO adjustments still aren't proactive, they're reactive. It might be tough to build another "miserable failure" google bomb, but it won't effect what Chris Bowers is suggesting. Do you really think that google is going to adjust their primary algorithms when the various candidate links go to multiple MSM sites?
this is partly why many people are moving away from using google

It's not just Google. Every search engine wants to be as close to real time as possible. Here's an interesting read:

From Obscurity to Prominence in Minutes: Political Speech and RealTime Search

Not true. A browse through the Netroots list demonstrates that you just made that up.
I'm only going by the words of the release of Daily Kooks, not Netroots.

Try again.

I'm only going by the words of the release of Daily Kooks, not Netroots.

Try again.

KOS is a Netroots affiliate, and their largest member. There's tons of positive talk about candidates. I know this trumps the meme you just made up, but that's the way it is.

Google actively works to prevent SEO googlebombing, as it makes google look bad. They have computers that look for the activity, and if they see suspicious activity, they will give your referring site a huge rank hit.

People who do web pages for a living work real hard not to get on googles bad side for googlebombing. Googles' response can be devastating for your page rank. Daily Kos really doesn't want to go there.

only non-technical fox loving idiots are moving away from google. probably the same people who use conservapedia

only non-technical fox loving idiots are moving away from google. probably the same people who use conservapedia
i dont use google, and i've never used conservapedia

Don't care...That wasn't part of their release.

Try reading the OP for comprehension.

"Their release?" It was a diary entry by a user, Chris Bowers. Your claim is like saying that USMB is a racist group, because some member started a racist thread. Do you not understand how little sense that makes?

BTW, Chris Bowers has his own blog, called mydd.com. He's noted for his political analysis. And I think his idea of using Google to point people to negative articles, from reputable sources, makes sense. What exactly do you find wrong or unethical about it? Have you ever looked at the bottom of the pages here, and saw the search terms used? People on this board do exactly what Bowers is suggesting every day.

Last edited:
Google actively works to prevent SEO googlebombing, as it makes google look bad. They have computers that look for the activity, and if they see suspicious activity, they will give your referring site a huge rank hit.

People who do web pages for a living work real hard not to get on googles bad side for googlebombing. Googles' response can be devastating for your page rank. Daily Kos really doesn't want to go there.

People who do web pages for a living bust their asses to get more prominence in search engines.

Forum List

Back