Daily KOS says Barack Obama Will Lose the 2012 Presidential Debates

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Even the left leaning Daily Kos says Obama will lose the 2012 Presidential debates :rofl:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/18/1055866/-Why-Barack-Obama-Will-Lose-the-2012-Presidential-Debates
Reason #1: The Republican candidates have much more practice debating than Obama does. Obama’s last debate occurred more than three years ago, during the fall of 2008. On the other hand, the Republican candidates have been debating for months now, often with one debate every week. That’s a lot of practice for the fall 2012 debates, and they’ve gotten pretty good. Much has been made about how Mitt Romney is now quite a skilled debater after the grueling schedule he’s just gone through. Newt Gingrich is no slouch either; his campaign revival is almost singlehandedly due to strong debate performances.

Reason #2: Obama is not a great debater. This is something that tends to be forgotten, but Obama struggled repeatedly in his debates against Hillary Clinton. Clinton’s strong performances were responsible for her summer lead in 2007 against Obama, and they helped her win Ohio and Texas when her campaign desperately needed to. Many undecided voters watched Clinton and Obama debate before crucial primaries; Obama’s consistent weaker performances probably cost him a lot of strength with those voters.

But mark this prediction for the calendar: Obama will lose the 2012 presidential debates.

Last edited:
How exactly do we determine who wins these things anyway? The one who has the most zingers? They are the most subjective political events in the world. Ive seen ones I clearly thought one side did better than the other only to see the media say the exact opposite and the parrots on message board echo.

Even the left leaning Daily Kos says Obama will lose the 2012 Presidential debates :rofl:

Barack Obama Will Lose the 2012 Presidential Debates
Reason #1: The Republican candidates have much more practice debating than Obama does. Obama’s last debate occurred more than three years ago, during the fall of 2008. On the other hand, the Republican candidates have been debating for months now, often with one debate every week. That’s a lot of practice for the fall 2012 debates, and they’ve gotten pretty good. Much has been made about how Mitt Romney is now quite a skilled debater after the grueling schedule he’s just gone through. Newt Gingrich is no slouch either; his campaign revival is almost singlehandedly due to strong debate performances.

Reason #2: Obama is not a great debater. This is something that tends to be forgotten, but Obama struggled repeatedly in his debates against Hillary Clinton. Clinton’s strong performances were responsible for her summer lead in 2007 against Obama, and they helped her win Ohio and Texas when her campaign desperately needed to. Many undecided voters watched Clinton and Obama debate before crucial primaries; Obama’s consistent weaker performances probably cost him a lot of strength with those voters.

But mark this prediction for the calendar: Obama will lose the 2012 presidential debates.

First off, you're link doesn't work. Second, I'll lay odds that you just pulled up someone's diary. That's like pulling up one of the moronic thread starters here, and pretending it's this boards opinion. Damn, you're gullible.

So how about it, do you have a link that works?

A quick review of the profile of "inoljt" reveals that he/she is self-identifies as a left-leaning (anonymous commentators claim right-leaning) college student with an imperfect grasp of the English language. There are a number of problems with the analysis:

- inoljt fails to define what is meant by "winning the debate" and indeed claims no correlation between winning a debate and winning the election. I suspect that Obama and Romney will both be debating with an eye towards increasing their odds of winning the election, and so neither would find inoljt's definition useful.

- inoljt claims that Romney has improved as a debater. I agree, but it does not follow that he is a better debater than Obama, particularly since a general-election debate requires different tactics than a primary debate.

- inoljt cites as evidence that Obama is a weak debater that Clinton won Texas. This is often claimed, but it simply not true (this is a pet peeve of mine). Obama won more delegates from Texas. That Clinton won more votes in the primary (Obama did better in the caucuses) no more makes her the "winner" than a football team scoring more touchdowns than their opponents necessarily makes them the winner.

EDIT: link to article is http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...Obama-Will-Lose-the-2012-Presidential-Debates

Last edited:
So why am I the first person to notice that the link doesn't work, yet you wingnuts all seem to take it at face value, without even trying to click. What a bunch of circle jerks.

So why am I the first person to notice that the link doesn't work, yet you wingnuts all seem to take it at face value, without even trying to click. What a bunch of circle jerks.

LOL, I don't give a damn about the link. I am posting what I think. I don't need no stinkin link!

Why on earth do you think it really matters to me what the Daily KOS thinks or why that would have changed my answer in any way?

A quick review of the profile of "inoljt" reveals that he/she is self-identifies as a left-leaning (anonymous commentators claim right-leaning) college student with an imperfect grasp of the English language. There are a number of problems with the analysis:

- inoljt fails to define what is meant by "winning the debate" and indeed claims no correlation between winning a debate and winning the election. I suspect that Obama and Romney will both be debating with an eye towards increasing their odds of winning the election, and so neither would find inoljt's definition useful.

- inoljt claims that Romney has improved as a debater. I agree, but it does not follow that he is a better debater than Obama, particularly since a general-election debate requires different tactics than a primary debate.

- inoljt cites as evidence that Obama is a weak debater that Clinton won Texas. This is often claimed, but it simply not true (this is a pet peeve of mine). Obama won more delegates from Texas. That Clinton won more votes in the primary (Obama did better in the caucuses) no more makes her the "winner" than a football team scoring more touchdowns than their opponents necessarily makes them the winner.

IOWs, he's just a poster there. Kudos to you for actually bothering to search the diaries, since KKKonservative was too stupid to test the link. I didn't bother. I just guessed, and it turns out that my guess was much better than KKKonservative's claim.

How exactly do we determine who wins these things anyway? The one who has the most zingers? They are the most subjective political events in the world. Ive seen ones I clearly thought one side did better than the other only to see the media say the exact opposite and the parrots on message board echo.

Its percetion over substance in Presidential debates. Whos poised? Who stutters? Who has the most umms and uhhs?

Daily KOS is right. Romneys had a LOT of practice and Obama just isnt that strong a debater. Hilary rocked him a couple times and Romney will do the same. Its up to Obama to practice hard and be at 110% if he wants to take Romney down in a debate.

And if its more than one debate, Romney shines again. He gets better in subsisquent debates, not weaker.

This is going to be a damned close election.

First off, you're link doesn't work. Second, I'll lay odds that you just pulled up someone's diary. That's like pulling up one of the moronic thread starters here, and pretending it's this boards opinion. Damn, you're gullible.

link has been corrected.

The point is, a Democratic leaning site has people who think Obama will lose the debates.

IOWs, he's just a poster there. Kudos to you for actually bothering to search the diaries, since KKKonservative was too stupid to test the link. I didn't bother. I just guessed, and it turns out that my guess was much better than KKKonservative's claim.

you are apparently too stupid to understand the point of the thread. Not very surprising, since you're too stupid to realize the Holocaust really did happen.

LOL, I don't give a damn about the link. I am posting what I think. I don't need no stinkin link!

I read that the Bigfoot changed his name to Yeti to hide his past as an elk raper.

link has been corrected.

The point is, a Democratic leaning site has people who think Obama will lose the debates.

It also has people who thought Hillary Clinton was going to win in 2008.

Forum List

Back