"d-day in hd"

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
... on the History Channel.

Did you catch this brand-new documentary?

If not, you can still catch it again on the channel's sister network, H2, beginning on Sunday night, 06/08/14, at 9 p.m. EST.

I recommend that you watch it, as it is awesome.

There were two episodes yesterday.

I think there are five or six more coming.

I base that assumption on the "checklist" that the narrator mentions in the first two episodes about the things that had to be done for D-Day to have been a success.

It is very well done. A pleasant surprise, considering the fairly low quality of programs and movies trying to pass themselves off as documentaries these days.

It never ceases to amaze me that Harold Baumgarten man can remember all the names of his fellow troops, and the places they hailed from, after all these years. It is a shame that Leonard Lomell (Point du Hoe Ranger) and Walter Ehlers (CMH recipient) are no longer with us to recount their D-Day stories, as they have been in other documentaries.

I taped this very good one in 1994:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/D-Day-Total-Story-Gerald-McRaney/dp/B0001BPRQ0/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1402263690&sr=1-1&keywords=d+day+total+story]Amazon.com: D-Day - The Total Story: Gerald McRaney, Stephen Ambrose, John Keegan, Rob Lihani: Movies & TV[/ame]

No doubt the DVD is better than the old VHS tape.

Forum List

Back