Cyber School

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Home learning for Government School children, a great opportunity to save the taxpayers money.

No school transportation, no school lunches, massive reductions in school heating bills, janitorial services, etc.

I'd love to see this mandated. Children would be able to continue to attend classes if their family decides to take a February holiday in Florida if they bring along their computer.

Further, teachers costs would be decreased, if the teachers were to strike, the work could be farmed out to Bangalore or Mumbai until the matter was resolved. It would even increase the speed of traffic near school buildings as the kids won't be there.

The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School

Home learning for Government School children, a great opportunity to save the taxpayers money.

No school transportation, no school lunches, massive reductions in school heating bills, janitorial services, etc.

I'd love to see this mandated. Children would be able to continue to attend classes if their family decides to take a February holiday in Florida if they bring along their computer.

Further, teachers costs would be decreased, if the teachers were to strike, the work could be farmed out to Bangalore or Mumbai until the matter was resolved. It would even increase the speed of traffic near school buildings as the kids won't be there.

Well, that would be great except that most kids do a very lousy job of learning from computer based instruction. We tried that 25 years ago, and it didn't work then and it didn't work now.

Online degrees are laughed at when it comes to applying for jobs.

Sure, your 6 and 8 year old will do GREAT learning at home alone all day.

Or better yet: you will be able to "work from home" while you nag them to get their "online learning" done.

Oh yeah. Great idea. Why hasn't this taken off, I have to wonder???

But don't you worry. With the way the teacher shortage is going, this is the next thing down the pike, and parents, trust me, WILL HATE IT

Forum List

Back