Curious About Feb Revisit of Shutdown

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Come Feb withholding tables will be out and most people in high cost of living states will find out that their home equity has gone either way down or no longer exists. So, the congressional districts or states the Ds represent will start wondering why Schumer and his minions did not even attempt to save them from this household crisis? And for the life of me I cannot understand the why of this either. Anybody got any idea why the Ds did not try for a DACA deal that both side could live with in return for more a gradual application of the Mortgage and SALT caps?

DarkFury, JimBowie1958, Missouri_Mike

I don’t think they care. Dems love taxes and their voters do as well so in a blue state it’s probably not as big a deal as it is in red ones.

Come Feb withholding tables will be out and most people in high cost of living states will find out that their home equity has gone either way down or no longer exists. So, the congressional districts or states the Ds represent will start wondering why Schumer and his minions did not even attempt to save them from this household crisis? And for the life of me I cannot understand the why of this either. Anybody got any idea why the Ds did not try for a DACA deal that both side could live with in return for more a gradual application of the Mortgage and SALT caps?

Go to you tube and enter "Meet the Cal-Pers retires" State of California retired are getting letters of a 60% percent CUT in benefits! Taxes going up and pensions being cut means it's just about over. Moody's is about to declare them in "technical bankruptcy". Blue state munis there are in just as bad of shape as Washington's WPPS bonds two decades earlier.

Go to you tube and enter "Meet the Cal-Pers retires" State of California retired are getting letters of a 60% percent CUT in benefits! Taxes going up and pensions being cut means it's just about over. Moody's is about to declare them in "technical bankruptcy". Blue state munis there are in just as bad of shape as Washington's WPPS bonds two decades earlier.
well there goes as much $100T in real estate values.

Yeah because when property taxes or interest rates go up home values go down. You check those vids out!
Shit is hitting the fan. Moody's says they will be " technically bankrupt" by June.

Yeah because when property taxes or interest rates go up home values go down. You check those vids out!
Shit is hitting the fan. Moody's says they will be " technically bankrupt" by June.
But, but, Brown said they have a surplus! LMAO!

It gets worse for Democrats. Does Chuckles risk ALL of his political credit fighting for DACA or does he hold back or even drop it for possible federal aid to blue States? Because they are going to need the money NOT the illegals!

Do you know the state constitution's definition of a surplus?

If annual cash flow including money from selling bonds exceeds cash spent it is a surplus. Pensioners losing benefits is positive cashflow. Striking cops, firemen and teachers are not paid while on strike, more positive cashflow. Cutting services leads to more cashflow. Under CA law this is good.

It gets worse for Democrats. Does Chuckles risk ALL of his political credit fighting for DACA or does he hold back or even drop it for possible federal aid to blue States? Because they are going to need the money NOT the illegals!

True but he will face a D revolt in the house and senate.

True but he will face a D revolt in the house and senate.
He's going to face two revolts.700,000 DACA and hundreds of thousands in city and state retirees.
And DACA can't vote! DEM's will bail to save liberal utopia and not give it a second thought.

The takings clause has never been applied to pensions in so far as I know and there is a huge difference in standing for in state retirees and retirees that have moved out of the state. Interstate lawsuits will result in the "surplus" becoming a deficit in a hurry.

The takings clause has never been applied to pensions in so far as I know and there is a huge difference in standing for in state retirees and retirees that have moved out of the state. Interstate lawsuits will result in the "surplus" becoming a deficit in a hurry.
The CalPers story will become the biggest story of 2018. It will rock the makers both local and global.

The CalPers story will become the biggest story of 2018. It will rock the makers both local and global.
Yeah CalPers is one of the world's biggest diversified direct investors and other than Berkshire Hathaway one of the oldest. When it goes insolvent it will be the first one of the sovereign wealth funds to do so since the meltdown.

When CA goes IL and NJ will go down the toilet soon after. How rapidly the blue wall collapses depends both on how quickly essential services go on strike and how soon they accept the anti-sanctuary conditions that will go with a federal bailout.

They were excluded from the Tax bill negotiations.

Schumer apparently relied on the same skewed polls that democrats relied on during the campaign and thought he could bluff President Trump. Once Americans found out that democrats were willing to defund the Military in order to legalize criminals who violated federal law and entered the U.S. illegally, Schumer was toast. Anther victory for President Trump.

Yeah CalPers is one of the world's biggest diversified direct investors and other than Berkshire Hathaway one of the oldest. When it goes insolvent it will be the first one of the sovereign wealth funds to do so since the meltdown.
So, just for a minute let's make YOU Chuckles Shumer. On one hand you got seven hundred thousand folks who CANNOT vote vs hundreds of thousands of die hard Democrats who do. You just lost your ass backing DACA over the military and CHIP. Would you fight for DACA over them? Political suicide.

DACA is not going anywhere, because when CalPers hits Democrats are going to need every ounce of political capital they have and they WILL chose to save a state of supports BEFORE some piddly group of 700k

They were excluded from the Tax bill negotiations.

But chose not to have a phase in of the deduction caps as their reason to shut down the government where they could have at least a tactical victory. They looked at Trump's clown costume instead of looking at reality.

Forum List

Back