Cultivating Well Being

Dhara

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2015
This is currently being studied by psychologists, Peter Levine, PHD and Rick Hanson, PHD and others.

What is it that you do in your life to restore well being if you've had a tough challenge?

I have lots of ideas from my reading and application of strategies. Discuss.

One is re-labeling past experiences. For example, Levine says that telling someone "It wasn't your fault" doesn't help the person who is still blaming themself for something that happened in the past.

Saying instead, "You weren't able to do anything differently at that time", allows a person to move forward.

Hindsight is a whole other category.

Awesome.

I like to take a nap.

Once I had a therapist that said that wasn't the best strategy though. I only do that when I have a migraine.

If it isn't nice out, and I am feeling well, I will make a list of things I need to accomplish.

One must have goals. Crossing things off of your list, to accomplish your goals will always give you a sense of well being. . . or so I'm told. If that doesn't work, go to bed or have a drink. :badgrin:

Meditation is always a good alternative too.

The best way to cultivate well being is to turn everything off. The TV, the radio, the internet, everything. Do well at play and at work.

Just books, sunshine, people, family and friends, hobbies, interests, and work you love.

12744041_654040658031902_7650956837073993730_n.jpg

Forum List

Back