CU Sea Level Research Group says +3.3 mm/yr since 1993

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
In response to the cherry picked post of an outdated NOAA statement, I present this:

CU Sea Level Research Group | University of Colorado

sl_ns_global.png

If you've got valid data that shows something different, let's see it. And, as I stated earlier, if you'd like to indulge in cherry picking, from 2011 to the present, it's been rising at 8 mm/yr.

NOAA and NASA have been parodies. I hope the next Republican President fires every single AGWCult member working there and replace them with people who do science

Last edited:
Lets see 3 mm is about 1/8 of an inch. So in 8 years it will rise about 1 inch, in 80 it will rise 10 inches, not quite the catastrophe predicted.

You know I visit my hometown on the sea quite often. We had an erosion episode there in 1967 and they decided to build a retaining wall along the beach. The sand came back and the wall has been covered by sand ever since.

Greg

3mm a year?!

My God! In a thousand years were all DOOOMED!

The Rising Tides Are Going To

Nah: I've got 200000 years. I live about 2000 ft above sea level. I want my beachfront NOW!!!!!!!!

Greg

You know I visit my hometown on the sea quite often. We had an erosion episode there in 1967 and they decided to build a retaining wall along the beach. The sand came back and the wall has been covered by sand ever since.

Greg

Greg, your town is what's known as a DENIER!!! and NOAA will adjust the imaginary sand you're seeing to properly show the 3.3mm annual rise

Lets see 3 mm is about 1/8 of an inch. So in 8 years it will rise about 1 inch, in 80 it will rise 10 inches, not quite the catastrophe predicted.
You realize the rate is expected to accelerate, right?

Yes, as the models are showing the increase in severe storms we have not be encountering. Of course the data will show that. It is easy to do, all you have to do is predict the outcome then find the data that shows that outcome and ignore everything else. Not so easy to do when the prediction is something like increase in severe storms and people can see that not happening. Much easier with sea level rise which no one really can see.

Greg

Sounds like they did a great job saving the planet.

You can't do multiplication in metric units?

Are you familiar with the destabilization of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet?

You can't do multiplication in metric units?

Are you familiar with the destabilization of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet?

True Americans hate the metric system, so European.

That's if you believe their manipulated data

What's important is that they believe it.

What's important is that it is the most accurate sea level data available on the planet. If you have some evidence that it has been "manipulated", let's see it. If not, yours is simply another meaningless and unjustified rant.

You realize the rate is expected to accelerate, right?

Yes, as the models are showing the increase in severe storms we have not be encountering. Of course the data will show that. It is easy to do, all you have to do is predict the outcome then find the data that shows that outcome and ignore everything else. Not so easy to do when the prediction is something like increase in severe storms and people can see that not happening. Much easier with sea level rise which no one really can see.
Sorry...you seem to be weaving away from the point. Storms aren't sea level.

Sea level rise is measurable, and will happen as a result of thermal expansion of the oceans. It's just a simple fact. Just because you can't see it in a decade doesn't mean your grandchildren won't.

As far as the tangentially related question of the severity of storms, that's probably happening.

Are Severe Rain storms, Snow storms, Drought, and Tornadoes Linked to Global Warming?

It makes sense. We know there has been a clear and measurable increase in heat to the climate system from CO2. This will naturally be expressed in the climate as more energy expressed in weather systems.

It's science, dude.

I know you'll point to Atlantic Hurricanes, but that's just a regional part of the weather system. Pacific typhoons seem to be intensifying, and the best measure, the severity of the top few percent of storms, seems to be increasing as well. So it looks like the prediction is right after all. No surprise...the AGW predictions have been fairly on track for the last 30 years.

That's if you believe their manipulated data

Of the 3.3 NASA is reporting 2.3 is added.. No reason for the addition is stated (unlike the recent changes at UAH which was clearly defined) they did it just because.... And then we have actual tidal gauges which show less than 1mm or Zero rise. Me thinks the AGW cult Kookaid is being drunk to much. And then we have the Stanford paper out this last week which states that the sea level is not going to rise catastrophically as shown by the last warm period which had our current levels of CO2 which only rose about 6-9 feet over thousands of years!. Then receded as the next ice age took hold...

Forum List

Back