Cruelty incompetence & lies

eddiew37

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2016
90663Cruelty, Incompetence and Lies - Paul Krugman

Opinion | Cruelty, Incompetence and Lies
    30 nations have a higher life expectancy than America's, including Costa Rica and Chile and Slovenia and Greece and Italy and Spain - certainly all poorer countries that we are... Seems national poverty is not an obvious excuse... Cuba's life expectancy is only a few months shorter than ours...
    List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia
    I wonder what health insurance companies earn in these countries...and the doctors...? Less than here, I expect...yet their results are the same or better than our own...

30 nations have a higher life expectancy than America's, including Costa Rica and Chile and Slovenia and Greece and Italy and Spain - certainly all poorer countries that we are... Seems national poverty is not an obvious excuse... Cuba's life expectancy is only a few months shorter than ours...
    I wonder what health insurance companies earn in these countries...and the doctors...? Less than here, I expect...yet their results are the same or better than our own...
health ins has little to do with your life expectancy.....its your life style and what you eat and how good you take care of yourself.....if your doctor says dont do this,but you do it anyway,how did seeing him help?....

health ins has little to do with your life expectancy.....its your life style and what you eat and how good you take care of yourself.....if your doctor says dont do this,but you do it anyway,how did seeing him help?....
So Harry folks in other countries have a better life style, eat better and take better care of themselves?? Is that what you're saying?

So Harry folks in other countries have a better life style, eat better and take better care of themselves?? Is that what you're saying?
according to stuff i see in the news we have a fairly fat and out of shape population,there are a lot more overweight little kids now than when i went to school.....many third world countries dont over eat like many Americans do because they may not be able to....i met some people visiting from Oz,the one thing they all commented on is how big the restaurant portions are compared to Oz.....you can have fucking Dr.Crusher from the Enterprise as your Doctor,if YOU dont take care of yourself,is there any benefit in seeing her?.............

Part of taking care of yourself is going to the doctor for regular check ups. Americans don't do that because it costs money. A lot of money, by the time you get your blood work done, your chest X-ray, mammograms and Pap smears for women and all the rest. With co-pays and insurance limits, lower income workers can't afford it.

I fail to understand that with family health insurance costing more than $10,000 annually, why co-pays are necessary at all. One would think that the premiums alone shows that the policy holder has substantial skin in the game and is entitled to something for his or her money already spent. Check ups are where my doctor says "lose weight" or quit smoking, or you've got a lump.

When I was waiting for my angiogram, a guy came into the heart unit in the middle of a cardiac episode. His gurney was next to mine. His blood pressure was 200/80, his pulse rate was 120, he was 50 pounds overweight, and he'd been smoking two packs a day for years. He hadn't been to a doctor in 30 years. He was 51. That's how people die young.

Canadians have a similar lifestyle to Americans and we live longer. The only difference is that our country has universal single payer health care, which costs us half of what your country pays per capita. We live longer by 3 years.

But keep deluding yourselves that you have the world's best health care. It isn't true, but if you don't believe it, why are you paying so much for so little?

New Topics

Forum List

Back