Zone1 Crown Heights race riot

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
To me it seems Orthodox Jews are peaceful people, they didnt hit back, they should have organised themselfes and hit back hard. It seems some minorities are more violent then others, like blacks and muslims are more violent then jews i think, violent riots by minorities are usually blacks and muslims. While the others are often victims of violent riots like jews.

The Crown Heights riot was a race riot that took place from August 19 to August 21, 1991, in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, New York City. Black residents attacked orthodox Jewish residents, damaged their homes, and looted businesses. The riots began on August 19, 1991, after two children of Guyanese immigrants were accidentally struck by a car running a red light[1][2] while following the motorcade of Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the leader of Chabad, a Jewish religious movement. One child died and the second was severely injured.
In the immediate aftermath of the fatal accident, Black youths attacked several Jews on the street, seriously injuring several and fatally injuring an Orthodox Jewish student from Australia. Over the next three days, the rioters looted stores and attacked Jewish homes. Two weeks after the riot, a non-Jewish man was killed by a group of Black men; some believed that the victim had been mistaken for a Jew. The riots were a major issue in the 1993 mayoral race, contributing to the defeat of Mayor David Dinkins, an African American. Opponents of Dinkins said that he failed to contain the riots, with many calling them a "pogrom" to emphasize what they said was the role of the New York City government.

This is an excellent point, and I have brought up the black antisemitism here before - particularly when blacks are complaining about bigotry against themselves.

Unfortunately, I was told that we must only focus on bigotry against blacks here, and that any discussion about bigotry against Jews - or discussions as to how well Jews have done when they have been victims of terrible antisemitism - cannot be brought up. They said to put it in the religion forum.

I disagree with that limitation, as it sets apart blacks as the only minority experiencing prejudice - or at least worthy of being discussed here - but I’ll just explaining the rule as it was explained to me.

Forum List

Back