Creationists aren’t happy that Pope Francis ripped their worldview

Creationism seems to be centered in the backwoods of Kentucky, West Virginia and Tennessee, which is, of course, not Catholic country. That's the snake handlers territory. Of course, the Pentecostals are kind of like the suburbs of that group, and they extend to Texas and Oklahoma. None of those guys have any use for Catholics..

The pope’s strong expression of support for the scientific origins of the universe and the theory of evolution predictably upset creationists.

“Following in the tradition of other recent popes, Pope Francis has compromised biblical authority in favor of man’s ideas in the area of origins,” complained Ken Ham, president of the Answers in Genesis ministry.

Creationists aren 8217 t happy that Pope Francis ripped their worldview

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham

Opposing the far right wing in America is the duty of all responsible patriotic Americans from responsible left to responsible right.

So the far left gets a pass?

Deflection much?

Just noticing your usual forgiveness of the radical left, smarky.

An Alinksy desception by Marty. I never forgive the radical left anything as Marty well knows.

And notice that he deflects from criticism of the far right.

Opposing the far right wing in America is the duty of all responsible patriotic Americans from responsible left to responsible right.

Deflection much?

An Alinksy desception by Marty. I never forgive the radical left anything as Marty well knows.

The problem is your definition of far right is anyone right of you, and since you are a leftist, that makes it pretty convenient for you.

The pope’s strong expression of support for the scientific origins of the universe and the theory of evolution predictably upset creationists.

“Following in the tradition of other recent popes, Pope Francis has compromised biblical authority in favor of man’s ideas in the area of origins,” complained Ken Ham, president of the Answers in Genesis ministry.

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham

Common sense and personal experience tells each and every one of us, all who are need of salvation from the darker side of ourselves, that Ham's critique is erroneous. The "foundation of the gospel" is strengthened by allegory.

Unofficially through years of Catholic school I already had the idea the Church figured God created the universe and set things in motion.

Do I understand right that the Pope is also holding out another idea that 40,000 years ago or so God may have created man? Or blessed a chimp and made man?

Imagine Moses trying to explain the big bang to a bunch of uneducated Isrealites fleeing Egypt. The simple 7 day story is soo mjch easier and basically in order.

And if I'm going to start a cult, I want to see how gullible my followers are and exactly how much can I get away with. I'm certainly not going to say I think I know there is a god. I'm going to say god talked to me and told me...

Deflection much?

The problem is your definition of far right is anyone right of you, and since you are a leftist, that makes it pretty convenient for you.

The problem is that Marty thinks anyone who opposes the far right or the libertarians is some how a far leftist, which is lunacy.

Marty is an ideologue and has no perception of the spectrum at all.

Common sense and personal experience tells each and every one of us, all who are need of salvation from the darker side of ourselves, that Ham's critique is erroneous. The "foundation of the gospel" is strengthened by allegory.

2 questions. How is the foundation strenghtened by allegory and

Why do you need salvation?

Deflection much?

The problem is that Marty thinks anyone who opposes the far right or the libertarians is some how a far leftist, which is lunacy.

No, I think YOU are a far leftist who is either playing a game or does not have the balls to admit it.

^ Reactionary Jake never opposes Obama, not once, not ever

Why should he? Have you seen the economic numbers? If you are complaining then go back to school or start a business and quit whining.

That reminds me. It is funny so many cons say YOU are responsible for YOU but when it comes to religion they aren't responsible. The devil made them do it. Or, it must be gods will.

^ Reactionary Jake never opposes Obama, not once, not ever
Yours is a false opinion of a committed ideologue of the far right, who of course falsely says such a thing.

LAIR!

Congrats you are rapidly approaching "she who must not be named" level if idiot posting.

2 questions. How is the foundation strenghtened by allegory and

Why do you need salvation?
#1 is already answered above and #2 comes by personal conviction. You will need to work on #2.

Deflection much?

No, I think YOU are a far leftist who is either playing a game or does not have the balls to admit it.

As a far right wing or libertarian ideologue, of course your believe that.

You can neither nuance nor context.

Marty is having trouble working his critical thinking skills, rather he falls back on ideology knee jerk reaction.

Deflection much?

He admits it when he posts as rightwinger.

this whole discussion is utterly fascinating in how the left wing mind works.

The Pope never denied God is the creator of life, thus creationism: “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

What he is saying is that evolution does not and can not explain creation, just not possible.

But to listen to the left one would think that the Pope is saying just the opposite.

The other claim made by the left is that the majority of Christians even care. As if the issue they are raising is the biggest concern of Christians, it is not. Barely even discussed most times.

Forum List

Back