Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
How about this guy's ideas?

Covert migration to the Islamic State

Date
September 5, 2015 - 5:19AM
Clive Williams

We should be doing much more to combat jihadists than simply outlawing travelling to join them.
Like most people, including most Muslims, I have no time for Islamic State and its warped and brutal ideology, but at the same time I am not in favour of air strikes against IS in Syria and Iraq because I think they are counterproductive for the reasons I covered in another article "Seeking sustainable solution" (Times2, August 18, p1).

I also think our policy of stopping would-be foreign fighters from travelling to join IS is a dangerous one in the absence of effective deradicalisation programs or other diversionary options. I appreciate that we have signed up to an international agreement to stop travel to IS, but what that effectively does is leave us with the dangerous problem of disaffected and frustrated young men and women who cannot leave Australia.

Most of those who manage to leave Australia to fight for the caliphate are not going to be coming back. They are likely to be killed, badly wounded or mentally damaged or, in the case of young women, married off to local men and forced to spend the rest of their lives producing children in Iraq or Syria.

Read more:

http://www.watoday.com.au/comment/c...mic-state-20150904-gjfljt.html?#ixzz3koBDvViZ

Forum List

Back