Court Rules That North Carolina Districts Are "Racially Gerrymandered" and Unconstitutional

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Penelope, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Derelict_Drvr

Derelict_Drvr Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,032
    That sounds great, only one problem. Most minorities favor a particular party, and Gerrymandering is done to concentrate people of a certain political persuasion. The fact that a particular neighborhood is predominately a certain race has no bearing.

Nice try, Penelope, but no cigar..

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Derelict_Drvr

Derelict_Drvr Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,032
    Penelope, I can't figure out how many times, in how many ways, that you've been told that Gerrymandering plays absolutely NO role in Presidential elections. I will try and inform you once again. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS ARE DETERMINED BY THE POPULAR VOTE IN EACH AND EVERY STATE. THAT VOTE THEN DETERMINES THE WINNER OF EACH STATE SEPARATELY. EACH SEPARATE STATE THEN USES THAT VOTE TO DECIDE WHAT ELECTORs TO SUBMIT TO THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE.

GERRYMANDERING HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING DURING A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION!!!!!!!!

Remember, "He who knows not and knows not he knows not is a fool, shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not is a child, teach him. He who knows and knows he knows is wise, follow him." - Ancient Arab Proverb

Which one are you, Penelope?

Here, let me give you a refresher:

Gerrymandering in WI now going to Supreme Court

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,375

Well Trump himself said if he was going for the maj. vote he would of done things differently. How might I ask?
    Of course it does, and Trump's Team went for the EC vote, not the popular vote. 2 Dems have lost since 2000, who got the Pop vote and lost the EC. The EC has got to go.