Court awards 4.6 million because she was stuck w/ hypo needle she picked up in a Target parking lot

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
I cannot understand this story. A girl picks up an abandoned hypo needle in a Target parking lot, her mother swipes it out of her hand and sticks herself. She sues. Asks for $12,000 and Target offers a shocking $750. Goes to a jury and they award $4.6 million. Punitive damages no doubt, punitive for what?,,,, for offering so little initially or for not scouring their parking lots constantly for abandoned objects?

Target is stupid or greedy or both, what an embarrassment.
But how does this warrant $4.6 million? The legal system is corrupt, they only care about going after deep pockets and shaking them down, not true justice. Sick. Remember in California where the woman's husband died of cancer from smoking and the liberal California jury awarded her $28 billion?

Meanwhile, the family of 16 year old Susie who was murdered got $0 dollars from her assailant. And rape victims, do they ever get huge judgments for their horrors suffered? But don't you dare slander anyone, that hurt is worth millions to you if the right pieces are in place. Or if a Macy's store employee mistakenly walks into a change room and a woman is half dressed, well that has to be worth at least $5 million Macy's, start ponying up.

Woman stuck by needle in Target parking lot awarded $4.6 million | Fox News

ANDERSON, S.C. – A jury has awarded a South Carolina woman more than $4.6 million after she was stuck by a hypodermic needle picked up in a Target parking lot.

The Independent-Mail of Anderson reported Carla Denise Garrison's award would be one of the largest in Anderson County history if it stands.

Court documents say the Anderson woman was in the retailer's parking lot in May 2014 when her daughter picked up a hypodermic needle. Garrison swatted it out of her hand and was stuck in her own palm.

Garrison was bedridden because of medication prescribed because of the potential risk of HIV.

The paper reports Garrison's attorney had offered Target a deal of $12,000. The company offered $750 in response.

Target spokeswoman Erika Winkels said the company is considering an appeal.

Sounds like the plaintiff got a jury of her peers...a bunch of morons.

The reason why rape victims don't get awards is because rapists usually don't have any money left after they've been convicted.

So a big corporation tries to push around a working person by not taking responsibility for its own negligence, and a jury of working people punish them for doing so.

Why is this a bad thing again? I promise you, Target will appeal and then settle this out of court for a lot less, and t hen they will make damned sure their parking lots are clean.

stuff like this is why people fake getting hurt.

Me and a lawyers assistant I knew went into BK for lunch, the floor was wet b/c of rain, he told me that if I slipped and fell he would put $3-$4 grand in my pocket in a few weeks. Then he went on explaining that the wet floor sign was meaningless, etc, etc.

I laughed, he didn't, so I found someone else to hang out with.

The reason why rape victims don't get awards is because rapists usually don't have any money left after they've been convicted.

So a big corporation tries to push around a working person by not taking responsibility for its own negligence, and a jury of working people punish them for doing so.

Why is this a bad thing again? I promise you, Target will appeal and then settle this out of court for a lot less, and t hen they will make damned sure their parking lots are clean.

“The system” is nowhere near as just or altruistic as you are attempting to imply here.

Not even close. Like government and politics, it is corrupt by those who control much of it, especially the trial lawyers association.

“The system” is nowhere near as just or altruistic as you are attempting to imply here.

Not even close. Like government and politics, it is corrupt by those who control much of it, especially the trial lawyers association.
the lawyer gets 40%

that's why lawyers sue buildings, for women, for not having more womens toilets.

know any women that got a check?
no?
shocked

says the guy who belongs to a church that let priests molest kids and then paid off the families in that "corrupt" system you complain about.

Target was stupid for letting it get to a jury. They should have paid the $12,000 and been done with it. Put a soulless corporation vs. a mother injured trying to protect her child, who has the better narrative there?

says the guy who belongs to a church that let priests molest kids and then paid off the families in that "corrupt" system you complain about.

Target was stupid for letting it get to a jury. They should have paid the $12,000 and been done with it. Put a soulless corporation vs. a mother injured trying to protect her child, who has the better narrative there?

The Catholic Church has paid, is paying, and will continue to pay for its sins. Thankfully, 95% of the clergy continue on to serve the truth even though they are now vilified.

Yet, odd how you insinuate that exonerates you and the political systems from any culpability of their own.

Your bitterness and hatred of large corportions...is very evident.

These are the guys who own the government...the one you want to empower more and more.

The Catholic Church has paid, is paying, and will continue to pay for its sins. Thankfully, 95% of the clergy continue on to serve the truth even though they are now vilified.

So you are saying a full five percent of your clergy are pedophiles and that's okay.

Did it occur to you that when your job requirements are "Must have no interest in sex with adult women" and "Spend a lot of time around kids" you are going to get pedophiles.

Yet, odd how you insinuate that exonerates you and the political systems from any culpability of their own.

No, you see, the thing is, the system should have treated the Catholic Church like NAMBLA after that, tore into every record, and sent all the cardinals and bishops who were in on the coverup to prison. That's what "Justice" wold have looked like.

But Target paying a shitload of money to a woman they tried to smack around after endangering her and her child... yeah, I don't have a big problem with that.

Just wait till some little girl gets raped by a supposedly trans man they support.. Hopefully it will put them out of business.

Your bitterness and hatred of large corportions...is very evident.

These are the guys who own the government...the one you want to empower more and more.

Guy, my short term goal is to keep that fucking crazy Nazi you fools nominated from being in a position where he could blow up the world because Putin dissed him on Twitter.

We used to have an expression in the army. "When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember your objective was to drain the swamp."

Right now, Trump is the immediate danger. When a nutjob has control of the nukes, I am reminded of that line from Roger Waters...

"Ashes and Diamonds,
Foe and Friend
We all were equal
In the end!"

Save the world, then we worry about fixing it.

So you say since you want men in girls locker rooms, it will never happen?

I'm still waiting for you to find a case where it has happened...

Here's the thing. Trans women have been using the ladies rooms for years. It's just nobody noticed because most of us can't tell the difference between a trans woman and a cis-woman who is a bit on the stocky side. So unless you are going to start checking people's junk before the go into the restroom (let's leave locker rooms to the side for a minute) I don't think you are going to be able to solve the problem.

So you are saying a full five percent of your clergy are pedophiles and that's okay.

Did it occur to you that when your job requirements are "Must have no interest in sex with adult women" and "Spend a lot of time around kids" you are going to get pedophiles.

No, you see, the thing is, the system should have treated the Catholic Church like NAMBLA after that, tore into every record, and sent all the cardinals and bishops who were in on the coverup to prison. That's what "Justice" wold have looked like.

But Target paying a shitload of money to a woman they tried to smack around after endangering her and her child... yeah, I don't have a big problem with that.
So, just how is this incident Target's fault? How do you know how long it had been since their parking lot had been cleaned -- it could have been only an hour or less.

So you say since you want men in girls locker rooms, it will never happen?

I'm still waiting for you to find a case where it has happened...

Here's the thing. Trans women have been using the ladies rooms for years. It's just nobody noticed because most of us can't tell the difference between a trans woman and a cis-woman who is a bit on the stocky side. So unless you are going to start checking people's junk before the go into the restroom (let's leave locker rooms to the side for a minute) I don't think you are going to be able to solve the problem.
How about that boy that was twerking in the girls bathroom. Showing all the girls his nuts? With your approval, because you support his supposedly right to be in there.

Forum List

Back