Could you hire this woman to work for your business?

Would you hire someone if you knew they were stealing from you beforehand?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Taxpayer tab for Clinton Inc.: $16 million

Critics for years have questioned why taxpayers need to support former presidents when they and their families can reap huge paydays, like the then-record $15 million book advance paid to Clinton for his 2004 memoir. But scrutiny of the act — and of the vast financial empire built by the Clintons — is poised to intensify as questions mount about the family’s commingling of personal, political, government and foundation business.
Clinton “is allocated funding for an office and for attendant costs (rent, utilities and salaries and benefits for staff),” foundation officials said in an emailed statement. “His office is allocated $96,000 per year for personnel salaries. GSA does not dictate the number of staff for whom the allocation is used.”
Of the $16 million requested under the former presidents fund, nearly $3 million has been slated for staff salary and benefits, according to GSA budgeting documents.
They include Doug Band, the former White House aide who previously helped run the foundation’s Clinton Global Initiative, and senior foundation official Laura Graham, whose foundation salary increased from $74,000 in 2005 to more than $180,000 in 2013, according to tax filings.
Among the federal payments revealed are $947,000 for communications-related costs and “equipment” — an expense category which, according to a 2014 Congressional Research Service report, could include everything from furniture to “information technology hardware or software.” Although the Clintons footed the bill for the server used in their private email address, taxpayers indirectly have footed the bill to protect the server.

So these corrupt elitists are using tax payer money to pay their charity employees salaries. Hmmm

Wouldn't the Bushes be receiving the same? I see no reason for any former president to continue being paid after their term is up.

Did you miss this part of the article?

Bill Clinton’s payments from the fund, which is administered by the General Services Administration, appear to be compliant with government guidelines.

Read more: Taxpayer tab for Clinton Inc.: $16 million
Nope. Obviously you think its ok for them to take advantage of the Presidents act and use it to pay their EMPLOYEES? Simply because its "legal"?

“His office is allocated $96,000 per year for personnel salaries. GSA does not dictate the number of staff for whom the allocation is used.”

How many staff do you think you can hire on $96,000 ?
So its ok because it just isn't "a lot"(lol)? LOL

What do we want from our ex-Presidents?

Retire and paint ugly pictures or do we want the to remain productive in writing their histories, making public appearances, representing our country

As long as we limit the functions of that staff to nonprofit making endeavors, I don't have a problem

Retire and paint ugly pictures or do we want the to remain productive in writing their histories, making public appearances, representing our country

As long as we limit the functions of that staff to nonprofit making endeavors, I don't have a problem
So their charity is a non profit? Dude, they barely give more than the fuckin red cross. Lets be real
The tax payers of America are helping pay the salaries of a private charity and it is 'A OK'.
They can be rich as fuck when they leave the WH if they want. And the Clintons do. They don't even mind making YOU pay for it.

I see no reason for any former president to continue being paid after their term is up.

i agree in part..,i had to serve my country, the U.S.A. a minimum of 20 years to get my retirement, i believe X-presidents should have to wait a minimum of 16 years before raping the publics cash register for their retirement "bonus". :up:

So their charity is a non profit? Dude, they barely give more than the fuckin red cross. Lets be real
The tax payers of America are helping pay the salaries of a private charity and it is 'A OK'.
They can be rich as fuck when they leave the WH if they want. And the Clintons do. They don't even mind making YOU pay for it.

That is RW propaganda using creative accounting

I have no issue with taxpayers paying for an office and staff as well as secret service protections for ex presidents. As long as allowable tasks are defined and verified it seems like a valid expense

That is RW propaganda using creative accounting

I have no issue with taxpayers paying for an office and staff as well as secret service protections for ex presidents. As long as allowable tasks are defined and verified it seems like a valid expense
You fuckin disgust me

Forum List

Back