Could You Cope With Sudden Fame?

Could You Cope With Sudden Fame?

• Total voters

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
A casual acquaintance of mine has a son who has always been musically gifted, and at the ripe age of twenty one he and three of the friends he plays in a band with have been offered a recording contract. Despite being excited, he's understandably anxious over what his new-found fame could bring, and how he'll adjust. True, he must've given some thought to what a breakthrough of this nature could entail, and has to have given some thought over how he'd cope. But now his dreams have become a reality, we're told by his father that he's nervous.

But let's not dwell on that scenario, because it's something where a degree of preparation has to have been considered. What if you were an anonymous scientist or researcher who stumbled upon a revolutionary medical or technological breakthrough. Could you cope with all the media attention? Furthermore, some of you hold concealed carry permits. What if you and your sidearm were to avert a tragedy or prevent a felon from doing innocent bystanders harm? Could you adjust to the media's intrusive glare? I'm undecided, as there are far to many variables to account for in this OP.

Last edited:
he's too young to have many skeletons in his closet so the only issue might be shyness? He started a band for cryin out loud so I'd say, whats the issue here :dunno:

maybe someone in a different industry and a tad older might have concerns...

congrats to him if it works out well for the band.

Forum List

Back