Could we have become "energy independent" for 6 trillion dollars?

Discussion in 'Energy' started by rdean, Sep 17, 2012.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,924
    When I think about the 3 trillion pissed away in Iraq and Afghanistan and the three trillion in Bush tax cuts that went mostly to the wealthy, I wonder if that would have been enough money to make us "energy independent".

Did we throw away our future for oil we didn't get and to make the lives of the super wealthy, more wealthy?

2. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,935
    Typical liberal outlook on how to solve things. "Lets throw money at something, and see if it fixes it"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,924
    I never met a business man who didn't say, "It takes money to make money". Have you?

4. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,742
    After democrats authorized the president to use boots on the ground to enforce UN sanctions against Saddam they sat back and pretended they were part of the jihad and undermined the mission. Is it a pipe dream by the left that democrats authorized the Military missions in Iraq and Afghanistan for oil? Where did it say that on the authorization? Barry Obama had two years with a solid majority in both houses of Congress and he gave us "cash for clunkers" while the democrat senate majority leader told Americans that "oil makes you sick". Democrats have fought energy independence for decades and the fake science of global warming cane just in time for the DNC to try to keep Americans in poverty and in political chaos..

5. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,353
    Any business man will tell you -- it takes IDEAS to make money. Getting the investment is just another part of the job..

If we didn't invade Iraq -- you'd still be paying for 2 carrier groups in the Gulf and bases in Saudi Arabia so we could bomb Saddam every day.. The policy that led UP to that war -- including the Oil for Food fiascos and the broken down "international embargo" was WORSE than removing Saddam. We bombed that country DAILY for 12 years, took away the keys to their economy for 12 years, locked them up with a madman for 12 years and let the UN abuse their humanitarian aid. And we had Mad Albright telling us the 200,000 civilian casualties were "all worth it"...

At least we fix some really crappy policy with a crappy excuse to finally solve the problem.

You're so full of it. Just the wasted money on Green crap would have paid for some REAL useable ideas for energy..

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  6. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,924
    Your post is so bizarre, I don't know where to begin. In fact, I won't. You win. You are delusional.

Just one question, how did dinosaur bones get into the ground? Is it true God put them there so we could see what creatures on other planets look like?

7. CausingPAIN

CausingPAIN BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +78
    no...and yes

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  8. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    Yup... American Energy Roadblocks by the Obama Administration - House Committee on Natural Resources

9. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    In your utopian hypothetical dream, what did America end up doing in response to 9/11 if we didn't go to War? Tell them America was sorry for making them mad? If delusional has a name... It's rdean.

10. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,742
    I'm not sure I know where you want to go with the dinosaur theme. Surely you know that dinosaurs were just an element in the combination of unimaginable time and pressure and solar variables that turned organic matter to oil and coal. Ask yourself why the Saudi princes are held in such awe and respect in the civilized world? do you think they worry about hogging all the oil? Communist countries rent oil drilling sites within spitting distance of the US and yet for some reason the democrat party seems to think oil exploration by American companies is some sort of violation of the laws of nature.