CDZ Could it be too late for a viable third party?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Mac1958, Jun 29, 2019.

  1. Mac1958
    Offline

    Mac1958 Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Messages:
    61,643
    Thanks Received:
    10,978
    Trophy Points:
    2,060
    Location:
    Just another nut on a message board
    Ratings:
    +51,375
    I just had a fairly terrifying thought.

    If a strong, viable and popular third party party can't rise up in the middle of THIS partisan disaster, maybe it never CAN.

    Is it possible that independent and moderate voices are now so unwelcome in both "major" parties that they will no longer be allowed to see the light of day? Did we, as country, shut the door to independent and moderate thought so quickly and so firmly that they simply no longer have a place?

    I hope I'm wrong here.
    .
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. anynameyouwish
    Offline

    anynameyouwish Gold Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2018
    Messages:
    3,180
    Thanks Received:
    352
    Trophy Points:
    170
    Ratings:
    +2,078

    I imagine a rational third party would be ignored by the MSM and mocked by the RWM.

    in a world of the blind a sighted man is deemed crazy.....
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Mac1958
    Offline

    Mac1958 Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Messages:
    61,643
    Thanks Received:
    10,978
    Trophy Points:
    2,060
    Location:
    Just another nut on a message board
    Ratings:
    +51,375
    Yeah, probably true.
    .
     
  4. Billy_Kinetta
    Offline

    Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2013
    Messages:
    42,166
    Thanks Received:
    8,131
    Trophy Points:
    2,060
    Ratings:
    +52,911
    We don't really need a third party, but an American replacement for the socialist one.
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Pete7469
    Offline

    Pete7469 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2013
    Messages:
    21,085
    Thanks Received:
    4,503
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Location:
    The Real World
    Ratings:
    +27,671
    The UK has a third party, look how far down the collectivist rat hole they've fallen. They subjected themselves to becoming mired in the euroweenie union and still can't get out..

    Now if a third party fractionalized the left, and we ended up with a much stronger libertarian wing I might consider it. Basically if the DNC dissolved, 20% of the hardcore bed wetters join the CPUSA, and the independents further infest the GOP and the remaining 80% of the voting block that doesn't want to live in a soviet collective divides according to those lines I can see a benefit. The problem is 40% of the voters are obviously mindless drones that absorb all the agitprop served to them by the bolshevik media.


    .
     
  6. Pete7469
    Offline

    Pete7469 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2013
    Messages:
    21,085
    Thanks Received:
    4,503
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Location:
    The Real World
    Ratings:
    +27,671
    There has to be a way to undermine the influence of the socialists we have. I really don't think they represent as many voters as they seem to anyway, they just happen to be the loudest of all the screeching apes in the cage.

    Americans, and for that matter the world, needs to be taught how the free market made America the juggernaut we are, and how socialism made countries like Venezuela the shit holes they are.


    .
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. progressive hunter
    Offline

    progressive hunter Gold Member

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2018
    Messages:
    10,148
    Thanks Received:
    772
    Trophy Points:
    255
    Ratings:
    +5,170

    doesnt matter if its to late or not,,,

    I will never vote for a dem or repube,,,

    my soul deserves better
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. WillHaftawaite
    Offline

    WillHaftawaite USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2013
    Messages:
    52,574
    Thanks Received:
    12,124
    Trophy Points:
    2,250
    Ratings:
    +55,511
    If 2016 didn't cause the rise of a viable third party, nothing will.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mac1958
    Offline

    Mac1958 Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Messages:
    61,643
    Thanks Received:
    10,978
    Trophy Points:
    2,060
    Location:
    Just another nut on a message board
    Ratings:
    +51,375
    Yeah, that's what worries me.
     
  10. miketx
    Online

    miketx Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2015
    Messages:
    69,599
    Thanks Received:
    7,912
    Trophy Points:
    1,870
    Location:
    near Throckmorton TX
    Ratings:
    +79,258
    Then you will keep getting dim or Re.
     

Share This Page