CDZ Could it be too late for a viable third party?

Of course you Leftards want LA and NY choosing every President, with every candidate only campaigning in those two cities. Then all of America could be shitholes like LA and NY.

130 million people voted in the last election. You have 10 million in NYC and 3 million in LA. Even if they all voted in a monolithic block, they couldn't flip the election.

To me, 3 million people in CA voting for Hillary SHOULD count more than 80,000 Russian Bots voting in MI, WI and PA.
And LA county has almost 11 million.

Actually, what originally got me thinking about this was an article I saw about Schultz. It posited that the country literally doesn't want a moderate, independent voice right now, that we're addicted to hate and fighting. Or perhaps -- and this is even MORE scary -- that we've lost the capacity to fully process moderate, independent thought.

Or that we really don't want to hear what Mr. Five Dollar Coffee is selling.

Schultz's basic premise is that it would be wonderful if we had the GOP's economic policies of favoring the rich without all the icky religious and racial baggage the GOP brings along with it.

When in reality, the only thing that propels the GOP economic policies is that they wrap the poison pill into a juicy bacon of racial and religious intolerance.

If people voted their economic interests, the Democrats would win every time. Nobody really wants to work harder for less money so the rich can live well.

I just had a fairly terrifying thought.

If a strong, viable and popular third party party can't rise up in the middle of THIS partisan disaster, maybe it never CAN.

Is it possible that independent and moderate voices are now so unwelcome in both "major" parties that they will no longer be allowed to see the light of day? Did we, as country, shut the door to independent and moderate thought so quickly and so firmly that they simply no longer have a place?

I hope I'm wrong here.
Simple term limit Amendment would solve 90% of the problems in DC.
So would a non partisan Gerrymandering amendment.... Right now, the reason the old timers keep winning is they have gerrymandered their districts, so that they are guaranteed re-election.... we no longer get to choose our representatives, they are chosen for us.... even if we wanted our Rep gone gone gone, it is rigged so that this is a near impossibility.

If a strong, viable and popular third party party can't rise up in the middle of THIS partisan disaster, maybe it never CAN.

Is it possible that independent and moderate voices are now so unwelcome in both "major" parties that they will no longer be allowed to see the light of day? Did we, as country, shut the door to independent and moderate thought so quickly and so firmly that they simply no longer have a place?

I hope I'm wrong here.

Figured out that you can't beat Trump, huh?

You didn't say "LA County", which is actually a pretty diverse place

Here's how that county voted in 2012 and 2016. Please note all the red areas that Romney and Trump won.
Every candidate would just need to win LA and NY COUNTIES to win, screwing America.

Which is your intention of course.

And diverse meaning the 1% rich whites and their serfs.

Okay, let's look at that. You said LA, not LA County.

So let's look at a map of LA County.

upload_2019-6-29_8-59-55.jpeg

Wow. Lots of RED areas in LA county, that Trump or Romney won.

They might have won more if they actually made an effort to get those votes and hadn't written off CA early.

Okay, let's look at that. You said LA, not LA County.

So let's look at a map of LA County.

View attachment 266846

Wow. Lots of RED areas in LA county, that Trump or Romney won.

They might have won more if they actually made an effort to get those votes and hadn't written off CA early.
That’s not LA county. Try again.
That’s Orange County.

I hope I'm wrong here.

doesnt matter if its to late or not,,,

I will never vote for a dem or repube,,,

my soul deserves better
Then you will keep getting dim or Re.

so nothing will change,,,got it
Last time Gary Johnson was nothing but a clown in a suit.
The only one possibly not a clown is Tulsi Gabbard. And since I refuse to vote for dim....

Every candidate would just need to win LA and NY COUNTIES to win, screwing America.

LA County is pretty diverse, and NY is over several counties, some of which are conservative. Both cities have elected Republican Mayors.

So let's look at a NYC election map in 2008

583865efe02ba75c658b5342-750-562.png

Decent amount of Red there.

Of course, Trump didn't win NYC because they've been putting up with his nonsense since the 1970's

I hope I'm wrong here.

my soul deserves better

The only one possibly not a clown is Tulsi Gabbard. And since I refuse to vote for dim....

shes a big government progressive,,,so thats a no vote for me,,,

I hope I'm wrong here.

my soul deserves better

But better than the other Libertarian running. This is NOT a joke. I watched it happen real time on CSPAN. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Libertarian Convention, 2016.

LA County is pretty diverse, and NY is over several counties, some of which are conservative. Both cities have elected Republican Mayors.

So let's look at a NYC election map in 2008

583865efe02ba75c658b5342-750-562.png

Decent amount of Red there.

Of course, Trump didn't win NYC because they've been putting up with his nonsense since the 1970's
With everyone running only needing to promise LA and NY the most freebies to win, screwing the rest of America.

Here's how that county voted in 2012 and 2016. Please note all the red areas that Romney and Trump won.

Weatherman, since the E.C. votes are proportionate according to population, how will changing to a majority vote (or ranked choice vote) change that?
I am not arguing, I am asking. If every state got an equal # of E.C. votes, I would understand. They don't. Maine has 4. California has 55. How does that "protect" Maine's choice, again?

With everyone running only needing to promise LA and NY the most freebies to win, screwing the rest of America.

Again, not really.

But let's say you could get 50% of the national vote by merely pandering to those two cities because that's where most of the people live.

Why would that be a problem, exactly?
But let's say you could get 50% of the national vote by merely pandering to those two cities because that's where most of the people live.

So you’re good with screwing every region in America to put two counties on a pedestal.

Weatherman, since the E.C. votes are proportionate according to population, how will changing to a majority vote (or ranked choice vote) change that?
I am not arguing, I am asking. If every state got an equal # of E.C. votes, I would understand. They don't. Maine has 4. California has 55. How does that "protect" Maine's choice, again?

Again, not really.

Why would disenfranchising 48 states be a problem? :eek:

You Stalinists are shocking.

Forum List

Back