Full Title and link:

Could genocide really happen here? Leading scholar says America is on 'high alert'

I will be brief in my comentary. This is for all those who deny and play down the threat of domestic terrorism. It has the potential of actually bein much worse than isloated attacks

Selected excerpts

Even the title of Alexander Laban Hinton's new book provides a chilling summary of the current danger facing this nation: "It Can Happen Here: White Power and the Rising Threat of Genocide in the U.S."

This article first appeared in Salon.

Hinton is one of the world's leading authorities on genocide and atrocity crimes. He is the author of 12 books on the subject and directs the Center for the Study of Genocide and Human Rights at Rutgers University. He testified as an expert witness, at the trial of Nuon Chea, who was prime minister of Cambodia during the genocidal tyranny of the Khmer Rouge in the 1970s.

With sober analysis and in assiduous detail, Hinton explores the ways the United States is "simmering at a low boil," and evinces every risk indicator for widespread mass atrocity crimes. White supremacist organizations and armed militias are mobilized for political action, the Republican Party has declared war on multiracial democracy and right-wing voters have become increasingly radical and hostile, falling into the personality cult of Donald Trump and the apocalyptic cult of QAnon.

I was testifying in the trial of Nuon Chea right as Trump was riding into power. Many people were making analogies between Trump and genocidal leaders. As someone who studies these things, I am always wary of direct historical analogies. I think of them more as echoes, or patterns that take place, and we can look for a manifestation. For example, if we look at the history of fascist ultra-nationalism, there are many echoes with the Trump administration. I started noting the echoes, and then we got to Charlottesville. That was when I felt it was necessary to take it on, and bring to bear an analysis of the risk and danger of mass violence.

There is much more .Please read it all before commenting

Saying something can happen, does mean it is likely, any time soon. Trump was defeated. America is on higher alert to the subversive groups mentioned, with many ring leaders still facing charges over the failed insurrection. I am not going to get very bent out of shape, worrying about it, any time soon.

Full Title and link:

Could genocide really happen here? Leading scholar says America is on 'high alert'

I will be brief in my comentary. This is for all those who deny and play down the threat of domestic terrorism. It has the potential of actually bein much worse than isloated attacks

Selected excerpts

Even the title of Alexander Laban Hinton's new book provides a chilling summary of the current danger facing this nation: "It Can Happen Here: White Power and the Rising Threat of Genocide in the U.S."

Hinton is one of the world's leading authorities on genocide and atrocity crimes. He is the author of 12 books on the subject and directs the Center for the Study of Genocide and Human Rights at Rutgers University. He testified as an expert witness, at the trial of Nuon Chea, who was prime minister of Cambodia during the genocidal tyranny of the Khmer Rouge in the 1970s.

With sober analysis and in assiduous detail, Hinton explores the ways the United States is "simmering at a low boil," and evinces every risk indicator for widespread mass atrocity crimes. White supremacist organizations and armed militias are mobilized for political action, the Republican Party has declared war on multiracial democracy and right-wing voters have become increasingly radical and hostile, falling into the personality cult of Donald Trump and the apocalyptic cult of QAnon.

I was testifying in the trial of Nuon Chea right as Trump was riding into power. Many people were making analogies between Trump and genocidal leaders. As someone who studies these things, I am always wary of direct historical analogies. I think of them more as echoes, or patterns that take place, and we can look for a manifestation. For example, if we look at the history of fascist ultra-nationalism, there are many echoes with the Trump administration. I started noting the echoes, and then we got to Charlottesville. That was when I felt it was necessary to take it on, and bring to bear an analysis of the risk and danger of mass violence.

Abortion is legal genocide

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

censorship canceling and disarming the public usually comes before genocide .... and only one party is attempting that .

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Oh yeah, every weekend hundreds of blacks of the inner cities are gunned down by? Drum roll please.........Black people.

Idiots like you , will always believe what Mika tells you because like a subservient slave, you must follow the orders given by your progressive masters..

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Oh yeah, every weekend hundreds of blacks of the inner cities are gunned down by? Drum roll please.........Black people.

Idiots like you , will always believe what Mika tells you because like a subservient slave, you must follow the orders given by your progressive masters..
The disturbing aspect of this is that people like him could be convinced to kill people BEFORE they've done anything. These people are sick in the head.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

I think at the present moment they are too afraid to actually do something. They know they are going to have to bleed unless they can convince the military to drop bombs on Black and other POCs communities.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

I think at the present moment they are too afraid to actually do something. They know they are going to have to bleed unless they can convince the military to drop bombs on Black and other POCs communities.

What reckless bullshit.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

100's of black target other black every week so I guess it's happening now.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

What reckless bullshit.
Whats reckless about pointing out the truth? They may shoot up some places but a full scale genocidal attack is going to net them a huge loss. That would be the fastest way to not only get shut down but lose a large number of followers as well.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Why should whites be concerned about blacks they kill each other at a record pace

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Why should whites be concerned about blacks they kill each other at a record pace
Who told they were concerned?

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Why would we need to drop bombs on black neighborhoods? Blacks kill themselves so much already, just as Democrats have planned.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Chicago ?

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Maybe you should just kill all white people just to be sure no genocide happens.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

What reckless bullshit.
Whats reckless about pointing out the truth? They may shoot up some places but a full scale genocidal attack is going to net them a huge loss. That would be the fastest way to not only get shut down but lose a large number of followers as well.
hey champ the only people scared of blacks are leftists whites that's why they allow you to show your ass like little children and let you tear shit up.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Why would we need to drop bombs on black neighborhoods? Blacks kill themselves so much already, just as Democrats have planned.
So you would be brave enough to go in there. Without softening up the targeting you clowns wont do anything but talk.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

What reckless bullshit.
hey champ the only people scared of blacks are leftists whites that's why they allow you to show your ass like little children and let you tear shit up.
So why hasnt one of the inbred white supremacists attacked a Black neighborhood yet? I'll tell you why. They know they would get that ass smoked. They talk a good game yet they are still sitting on the sidelines.....well still talking.

Full Title and link:

Selected excerpts

Who told they were concerned?
you did. you believe whites are going to target blacks for Genocide. I ask why should whites be concerned about blacks since blacks are killing each other at a record pace.

Forum List

Back