Costco denies political motive for pulling D'Souza's book

what a great parody about the whining from the right about being persecuted.
TY

Some reports this morning that Costco has caved and will bring the book back, within 2 weeks!

I also emailed them yesterday about pulling it and told them my future will instead be with Sam's Club, which is right down the street from their store here in Grand Rapids. Got a reply that I answered back was total b.s. Even if they do reinstate the book I'm done with Costco just on principle.

Why two weeks? Oh right by then the interest will have waned and the books sales will be much lower. Then they will say they have a legitimate reason for removing the book.

christian-persecution-570x387.jpg

Looks like Costco has decided that profits are more important than politics.

Costco censorship attempt backfires; 'America' book sees huge surge in sales after attempted memory-holing

The blatantly political attempt to silence the author of a politically incorrect new book has backfired on chain wholesaler Costco after one of its top managers reversed a decision to pull the tome from stores.

Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti told WorldNetDaily July 9 that sales of the book, America: Imagine a World Without Her, by Dinesh D'Souza, would resume, as copies were restocked on store shelves.

Galanti said the book would be reordered from the publisher, Regnery.

After Costco made the decision to pull the tome, outrage from members led to a reversal of the decision by the wholesaler, WND reports.

Costco censorship attempt backfires; 'America' book sees huge surge in sales after attempted memory-holing - NaturalNews.com

I like to imagine a world without people like Dinesh D’Souza in it, it makes me happy, but in reality this is Hell and he's the greeter.

Make sure you cut up your Costco card and send it back to them. You can always still get 20 gallons of mayo and 100 pairs of socks from the Wal-Mart. With them you probably get a free autographed copy of his book with every ten "I Hate Hillary" bumper stickers.

Imagine a world where you didn't have to worry about hearing information that was critical of the administration. Welcome to Nazi Germany.

I like to imagine a world without people like Dinesh D’Souza in it, it makes me happy, but in reality this is Hell and he's the greeter.

Make sure you cut up your Costco card and send it back to them. You can always still get 20 gallons of mayo and 100 pairs of socks from the Wal-Mart. With them you probably get a free autographed copy of his book with every ten "I Hate Hillary" bumper stickers.

Imagine a world where you didn't have to worry about hearing information that was critical of the administration. Welcome to Nazi Germany.

Laughing....holy shyte, dude. You're genuinely equating not being able to buy a particular book at a Costco.....with the US being Nazi Germany?

You know you can still order the book on Amazon, right? Or go down to your local bookstore and order it. Or buy it directly from Dinesh online?

And I'm pretty sure that the Nazi's limited online sales and shut down the Costcos before they took over Germany.

Looks like Costco has decided that profits are more important than politics.

Costco censorship attempt backfires; 'America' book sees huge surge in sales after attempted memory-holing

The blatantly political attempt to silence the author of a politically incorrect new book has backfired on chain wholesaler Costco after one of its top managers reversed a decision to pull the tome from stores.

Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti told WorldNetDaily July 9 that sales of the book, America: Imagine a World Without Her, by Dinesh D'Souza, would resume, as copies were restocked on store shelves.

Galanti said the book would be reordered from the publisher, Regnery.

After Costco made the decision to pull the tome, outrage from members led to a reversal of the decision by the wholesaler, WND reports.

Costco censorship attempt backfires; 'America' book sees huge surge in sales after attempted memory-holing - NaturalNews.com

profits were the reason they pulled the book, and the reason it has been returned.
?Hard Choices? sales continue to slide, but apparently not to Dinesh D?Souza levels - The Washington Post

Censorship, liberal style. Don't get me wrong they own the store they have a right to sell what ever they want. If their strongly held religious belief is to censor books then they fit well with the left wing.

NEW YORK – Big-box wholesaler Costco pulled Dinesh D’Souza’s new book, “America: Imagine a World Without Her,” just after the nationwide release of the companion movie, but Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti told WND the decision was not motivated by political considerations.

The book, heavily critical of Barack Obama, was officially released June 2. A corporate decision to return the books was issued July 1, just as it is about to debut on the New York Times bestseller list.

Galanti confirmed to WND the “pull order” was in effect and that D’Souza’s book is in the process of being removed from Costco stores this week, with the goal to have all copies of D’Souza’s book out of Costco stores nationwide and shipped back to the vendor no later than July 15.

Read more at Costco denies political motive for pulling D?Souza?s book

I have frequented Costco ever since the first store opened in Houston back in the mid '90's...

I highly doubt the removal was not politically motivated and all this does is make the book more popular...

D’Souza’s ability to slice up Oblammer is very convincing, strong and embarrassing for his supporters...

We will still shop there and I will make sure the next time I leave them a note in their popular Suggestion box they have exiting the store they know my feelings...

D’Souza’s ability to slice up Oblammer is very convincing, strong and embarrassing for his supporters...

Its more embarrassing to watch. As D'Souza's claims are more autobiographical. Like watching D'Souza work through his personal issues by projecting himself onto the president.

Virtually every accusation he makes against Obama *far* better fits D'Souza than it does Barack.

People, all this tells you

IS DON'T shop at Costco...I'll be damned if I shop somewhere that want's to CENSOR our freedom's of speech
Hit them where it HURTS....their wallets

they can go to hell

IS DON'T shop at Costco...I'll be damned if I shop somewhere that want's to CENSOR our freedom's of speech

they can go to hell
did you not read Costco's reason for pulling the book? it wasn't selling in their stores. that's a pretty legitimate reason for not carrying a product, don't you think?

or do you hate capitalism?

Are you racist against Indian authors?

Yes, we hate da Sioux.

I am 1/98th Sioux, I'm warren you don't make fun of my heritage. :D

Last edited:

they can go to hell
did you not read Costco's reason for pulling the book? it wasn't selling in their stores. that's a pretty legitimate reason for not carrying a product, don't you think?

or do you hate capitalism?

Who returns a book 12 days before the movie comes out?

That's just blatantly stupid from a business stand point.

Forum List

Back