Cost of war at least $3.7 trillion and counting

Since you think you're a genius, go down to the courthouse and tell the judge your opinion on laws that you don't understand, go to the hospital to tell doctors what you think about their medical practices, etc.

Afterall, you slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I'm guessing you were born in 1958 based on your moniker....why didn't you serve during the Cold War or Desert Storm?

I'm guessing you don't like the US military, but you have plenty of opinion about the work done by the US military.

Those of us that served in the US military think you're a piece of shit when you chime in about the US military and its work around the world. Shut the fuck up.

You're a nobody in the military debate.

Would you be allowed to give your opinion on some debate about heart surgery around cardiologists? No.

You don't know shit about what is going on around the world behind the scenes. You watch TV and surf the internet finding lies about what the US military did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Your opinion is worthless.

You tell people like me that served that we didn't serve when you didn't serve. :cuckoo: You're a fucking idiot...and scumbag.

Huh?

As if you could stop me from saying something. Too funny.

Grow the fuck up.

The Douchebagger is busy posting left-wing links as if it matters.

Strange we haven't seen the media talk about deaths in afghanistan and the costs like we did when Buuuuuuush was in the White House. It's as if that war fell off the face of the Earth.

Dumbfuck, I have a DD214.....you don't.

Having a DD214 doesn't mean anything. Anyone who was in the military gets one.
The DD214 is just a "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty".
Now what is important is what is stated on that form.
Type of Discharge
Length of Service
Rank
Branch of Service.

So just stating you have a DD214 does not mean anything other than at one time you were on active duty, even if that means you were in just long enough to fail boot camp.

Brown University is about as left-wing as you can get without being arrested. Any "study" put out by that university is absolutely worthless.

Fair enough, Im will to look at the numbers you have on what the wars have cost us in the last 10 years. Got the link?

The GOP doesn't care, non-stop war and the insane spending to pay for it is "patriotic"

Not sure how to break it to you but the GOP has been out of power for over 3 years now. Obama and the dems are running the show now and there has been little or no change.
If fact, Obama owns the war in Afghanistan since he increased the number of troops there.

The GOP doesn't care, non-stop war and the insane spending to pay for it is "patriotic"

Not sure how to break it to you but the GOP has been out of power for over 3 years now. Obama and the dems are running the show now and there has been little or no change.
If fact, Obama owns the war in Afghanistan since he increased the number of troops there.

Obama ended Iraq as well was won Libya without putting a single boot on the ground. If the re-thugs were in power now, you can bet your ass we would have been (and likely still be) at full on war with Libya, not to mention Iran.
Also the GOP recently presented billions in even more military spending.

Obama ended Iraq as well was won Libya without putting a single boot on the ground. If the re-thugs were in power now, you can bet your ass we would have been (and likely still be) at full on war with Libya, not to mention Iran.
Also the GOP recently presented billions in even more military spending.

Obama actually wanted to stay in Iraq but because the Iraqis would not extend the treaty Bush negotiated the US had had to remove the troops by the end of December 2011. Even though they claim there are no troops, there is a private army consisting of as many as 5,000 security contractors (mercenaries) who will carry assault weapons and fly armed helicopters, paid by the US to protect the diplomats in our embassy the size of Vatican City. We are not leaving anytime soon.
Now as far as Libya, Obama got us involved in Libya with out any congressional approval. Now to say that Libya was won without putting a single boot on the ground is a stretch because to call Libya a war is a stretch. The US should not be getting involved in another country's civil war. Didn't you learn anything from Vietnam?
Obama is still threatening Iran so don't count that out yet. Remember, He has promised to help Israel if they attack Iran.
Now, Do you want to explain those troops he sent into Africa?

Last edited:
You're a nobody in the military debate.

Would you be allowed to give your opinion on some debate about heart surgery around cardiologists? No.

You don't know shit about what is going on around the world behind the scenes. You watch TV and surf the internet finding lies about what the US military did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Your opinion is worthless.

You tell people like me that served that we didn't serve when you didn't serve. :cuckoo: You're a fucking idiot...and scumbag.

You didn't serve and don't have security clearance, so you are worthless compared to me. In a public debate, you would be told to get off the stage when people like me show up.

If we want an opinion on eating shit, then we'll let you speak.

Hey GoneBezerk (one can probably assume that's how he thinks "berserk" is spelled) -- just for fun, and because I knew how easy it would be, I went through a few of your old posts, in which you commented on issues outside of the military. A few examples, and then a request:

• Health Care
  • Economics
  • Race Relations
  • Taxation
  • Law
  • Religion
  • Education

And that just goes back a couple of days.

So, since I'm sure you're not a hypocrite, I have no doubt that you have extensive backgrounds and proof of professional certification in each of those areas. Surely you follow your own rule, that someone who is not professionally experienced at something should not talk about it. So you must have a TON of freakin' credentials.

Wow, you're smart!

Please provide the names of your credentials in each of those fields, the institution and year in which you received them, as well as your professional experience for each. I have no doubt you'll be very proud to do so, and I'm looking forward to being overcome by your brilliance. It's not often I get to meet someone with that kind of extensive, varied background.

Thanks!

Last edited:
In terms of % of GDP, the wars today are peanuts compared to World War II.....but don't let facts get in the way of a rant.

Also, it is stupid to claim the money was "wasted" when it was used to kill terrorists and remove the Taliban and Saddam from power in addition to provide jobs to people in the defense and intelligence industries.

The planes, bullets, etc built in a war effort does in fact stimulate the economy......
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......for a select-FEW!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y]Eisenhower's "Military-Industrial Complex" Speech Origins and Significance - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHGCZC6EQs]Iraq War Profiteers: Part 1 of 2- YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awbC_bXwEWg]Iraq War Profiteers - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]​

While Americans are arguing over the cost of healthcare, the government continues to waste their money on useless wars in the Middle East. Think about it, $3.7 trillion wasted already, think about how that money could have been used to improve the standard of living and the infrastructure in the US.

Cost of war at least $3.7 trillion and counting | Reuters

The final bill will run at least $3.7 trillion and could reach as high as $4.4 trillion, according to the research project "Costs of War" by Brown University's Watson Institute for International Studies. (Home | Costs of War)

Brown University is about as left-wing as you can get without being arrested. Any "study" put out by that university is absolutely worthless.

So are unecessary, meaningless wars regardless of their costs.

Your opinion of the wars is irrelevant. We're discussing the facts here, and the OP doesn't contain any.

While Americans are arguing over the cost of healthcare, the government continues to waste their money on useless wars in the Middle East. Think about it, $3.7 trillion wasted already, think about how that money could have been used to improve the standard of living and the infrastructure in the US.

wasnt obama getting us out of Iraq by 2012 and 2014 and now something liek 2025? Didnt he and Biden crack champagne over the victory of the Iraq war? If we won how come the boys and girls are still over there?

yeah it is Obama's war now he is to blame for all of it since it started.
Abu Grabass is his fault as well.
He is the one who started the Patriot act as well!

wasnt obama getting us out of Iraq by 2012 and 2014 and now something liek 2025? Didnt he and Biden crack champagne over the victory of the Iraq war? If we won how come the boys and girls are still over there?

Didn't Bush claim mission accomplished in early 2000?

Forum List

Back