Corrective Eye Surgery

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Iridescence, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Has there been any one within the board that has had any personal experiences that they would like to share? I am seriously considering this because I have had the most frustrating headaches and difficulty with stressed, tired, and sensitive eyes. I was once told I was a good candidate to be considered for such regardless of all the issues I've had with my eyes.

2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    nooooooooooooooooooooooo dont do it....let me find the web site that keeps me from doing it.....brb

3. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlRrvyPZuHM]The Dangers of LASIK - Diane Sawyer ABC - YouTube[/ame]

4. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    you realize the cut never heals....too many problems....way too many

5. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYss7yOacHk&feature=related]Eye doctor says LASIK is "a terrible idea"-CBS Katie Couric - YouTube[/ame]

6. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL01H65Gf54&feature=related]The Video that LASIK Doctors Don't Want You To See - YouTube[/ame]

7. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    I wear glasses for distance (driving, reading road signs, movies, etc) and now need reading glasses. <--- :mad: as well. OTC, lowest level but . . . what a nuisance!

I wouldn't do Lasik if you paid me. While an inconvenience at times, and a pain in the butt if you ever forget your glasses and need to drive any type of distance especially at night, it's way better than a surgery where too many things can go wrong. One small slip and you're screwed.

Do you currently wear glasses? If so and your eyes are still tired/stressed/sensitive has your prescription changed? I know mine did they actually improved in distance and I had to get my prescription lessened a few clicks.

8. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    It is something I have heard many warnings about... Yet it seems to produce adequate reasons that deems it a worthy surgery. Even the woman featured in the story... Her symptoms are similar to my current ones. If I had better vision I would mostiky not get as many headaches. Or so would be my hope.

9. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    I wear both contacts and glasses depending on the day, just not at the same time.

I have for years....

My eyes did improve some after having all my children, but when my hormones took a dip and I went through a depression from not being able to have more children (as I had a tubal) my eyes got worse than they had been previous to the improvement.

10. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    okay you roll the dice and you are one of the ones that it dont work on...halos to the point you cant drive....i have 'optical' migraines...so i have halos and arches of light....let me tell ya....its scarey at first and its blinding...not in the darkness kind but in the blurred field of vision kind....if i am driving and one starts....i know i got 10 to 15 minutes of seeing left.....i have to get to a place or get someone on the road to get me.....now image that being 24/7.....dont chance it....change doctors....or get another opinion....are you wearing bifocals.....they are easy to get out of alinement.....have that checked