Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

...it is utterly pointless to have a 7'3" (estimates vary, some say he is still growing), 8' wingspan player, who has the skills to play #2 guard.

I could have a 5'11" #2 guard who is a great shooter, who is just as valuable to the team.

This fukker needs to be playing low post, otherwise, what good is it that he is as tall as a baby giraffe?

There is another seven-footer with amazing skills, who has proven to be no asset at all to his teams, even when he is healthy, which ain't often. He is called K. Porzingis (or something like that).

I really don't get it. Unless you are close to the basket, that height is a relatively minor factor in team success. He is now averaging 22 points per game against competition that is far weaker than NBA defenses. He occasionally makes the Highlight Reel, but so what? The best you can say about him is that he will probably be better than Yao Ming. And his career will be one injury after another, as 220 pounds is not enough for that frame against the bruisers in the NBA.

Freak show.

The Three Pointer killed the Center position

Used to be the offense ran through the Center. Now it is the Point Guard

The days of the Sky Hook are gone. 7’3 is still valuable at blocking shots and rebounding. But the offensive threat is gone

They are talking like he will have the impact of a "LeBron." Certainly he will block a couple shots a game, score 20, and get 10 rebounds a game. That is not a game-changer. Just a pretty good player. And the likelihood of a player who misses at least a fourth of the season with injuries is high.

...it is utterly pointless to have a 7'3" (estimates vary, some say he is still growing), 8' wingspan player, who has the skills to play #2 guard.

I could have a 5'11" #2 guard who is a great shooter, who is just as valuable to the team.

This fukker needs to be playing low post, otherwise, what good is it that he is as tall as a baby giraffe?

There is another seven-footer with amazing skills, who has proven to be no asset at all to his teams, even when he is healthy, which ain't often. He is called K. Porzingis (or something like that).

I really don't get it. Unless you are close to the basket, that height is a relatively minor factor in team success. He is now averaging 22 points per game against competition that is far weaker than NBA defenses. He occasionally makes the Highlight Reel, but so what? The best you can say about him is that he will probably be better than Yao Ming. And his career will be one injury after another, as 220 pounds is not enough for that frame against the bruisers in the NBA.

Freak show.
Spacing. Super tall guys who can play with his back to the basket are a dime a dozen. Ones with the athleticism to come out and stretch the floor arent. Who's going to guard him on most teams? You cant just leave him out there or he will kill you. You cant put your 5'10" 2 guard on him you'll get the same result. So you're center or a very good power forward with a ton of length will have to guard him. That opens up a lot of things for everyone else.

The days of the Sky Hook are gone. 7’3 is still valuable at blocking shots and rebounding. But the offensive threat is gone

The top 3 MVP candidates are Gianis, Embiid, and Jokic.

The top 3 MVP candidates last year were, Gianis, Embiid, and Jokic.

Gianis won it the 2 years prior to that.

That's half a decade straight of centers winning it. (I know Gianis is listed as a PF but he's a center). Duncan was listed as a PF too.

They said the other day that the NBA is much faster today than it was in the past. This guy may not have a long career. It'll be hard running that fast up and down back and forth for a guy that tall?

We shall see. Who knew Gianni would become the beast he is today Height: 6′ 11″

usa-today-7696544.0.jpg

Forum List

Back