Coronavirus was just the beginning.... 'superbug' fungus

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

Here's a thing of a superbug fungus that is immune to our drugs. This is going to be the future.

The amount of antibiotics used in China alone to make animals fatter and bigger to make more profits is probably going to kick something off there are some point, in the US it's probably already happening.

With drug resistance due to human ineptitude and arrogance, I think this is going to be the future.

Maybe Falsee has a recommendation for this fight too ?
616X9S-goKL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Here's a thing of a superbug fungus that is immune to our drugs. This is going to be the future.

The amount of antibiotics used in China alone to make animals fatter and bigger to make more profits is probably going to kick something off there are some point, in the US it's probably already happening.

With drug resistance due to human ineptitude and arrogance, I think this is going to be the future.

Newsflash: You are going to die.

So am I.

I say this only half facetiously. 2020 happened because America is vastly secular and we are terrified of our own death. Sad, but true.

What? I don't know about you but I am not afraid to die, I am a born again

I am not, no.

I was speaking of Americans in general. We went crazy about covid--to the point of keeping children out of school to protect old people--because Americans are terrified of death.

If we were still a Christian nation we would have handled the entire thing much, much differently.

I am not, no.

I was speaking of Americans in general. We went crazy about covid--to the point of keeping children out of school to protect old people--because Americans are terrified of death.

If we were still a Christian nation we would have handled the entire thing much, much differently.
You are not?

Romans 10:9 it's easy

Maybe Falsee has a recommendation for this fight too ?
616X9S-goKL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Speaking of "protection"

We need a thread of the dumbest PPE we've seen

LIke those people in Mexico I think it was, eating and wearing "nose masks"

Man, I've seen some doozies. I told my coworkers, I'm going ot make a Dystopia Coffee Table Book of all the dumb crap I've seen

That has been around for some time now. Weakened immune systems and weakened ecosystems are more susceptible. The more benzalkonium use the more it spreads. A good old fashion strong solution of bleach kills it on surfaces.

2017 Fig 1. A global map depicting rapid emergence of multidrug-resistant...

Highlights

Candida auris is a newly identified and globally emerging fungal infection.

C. auris shows extensive innate and acquired resistance to antifungal drugs.

The fungus is intrinsically resistant to widely used hospital disinfectants leading to high rates of nosocomial transmission.

Research into virulence and treatment of C. auris in susceptible patients is urgently needed.

The discovery in 2009 of a new species of yeast, Candida auris, heralded the arrival of a novel emerging human infectious disease. This review highlights the unique characteristics of C. auris that have lled to it being of public health concern worldwide, namely public health concern, namely its global emergence, its ability to cause nosocomial outbreaks in healthcare settings, its innate and emerging resistance to multiple antifungal drugs and its resilience in the face of hygiene and infection control measures. Genomic epidemiology has identified four emergences of C. auris marked by four clades of the pathogen. These clades of C. auris are genetically dissimilar and are associated with differential resistance to antifungal drugs, suggesting that they will continue to phenotypically diverge into the future. The global emergence of C. auris testifies to the unmapped nature of Kingdom Fungi, and represents a new nosocomial threat that will require enhanced infection control across diverse healthcare and community settings.

Candida auris is an emergent multidrug-resistant pathogenic yeast with an unprecedented ability for a fungal organism to easily spread between patients in clinical settings, leading to major outbreaks in healthcare facilities. The formation of biofilms by C. auris contributes to infection and its environmental persistence. Most antifungals and sanitizing procedures are not effective against C. auris, but antimicrobial nanomaterials could represent a viable alternative to combat the infections caused by this emerging pathogen. We have previously described an easy and inexpensive method to synthesize silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) in non-specialized laboratories. Here, we have assessed the antimicrobial activity of the resulting AgNPs on C. auris planktonic and biofilm growth phases. AgNPs displayed a strong antimicrobial activity against all the stages of all C. auris strains tested,

Newsflash: You are going to die.

So am I.

I say this only half facetiously. 2020 happened because America is vastly secular and we are terrified of our own death. Sad, but true.
2020 happened because America is vastly secular

Prove that statement.

Forum List

Back