Cops jobs threatened by 'good 'ol boy network'

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
Prominent Businessman in Oklahoma Town Was Pulled Over for DUI Suspicion. Who the Police Chief Says Tried to Get Him Off the Hook Is Highly Unethical. Video TheBlaze.com
I side with the police here 100%.
I cannot accept a situation where a person of alleged status can influence themselves out of a citation or a crime against the people..
Please, let's get off the track here and bring in Wall Street, Corporations, the media, alleged war crimes and other deflections.
Please stay on point, Thank you,.

Yep. Agree.

For all the people whining about cops hating blacks...I guarantee the majority of cops hate uppity pretentious rich assholes more.

Another myth blown....have you read how often unofficial ticket quota mandates done by greedy mayors are exposed...and the whistleblowers are always street cops?

Yep. Agree.

For all the people whining about cops hating blacks...I guarantee the majority of cops hate uppity pretentious rich assholes more.

Another myth blown....have you read how often unofficial ticket quota mandates done by greedy mayors are exposed...and the whistleblowers are always street cops?

Well, because when they are pretencious thats a characteristic to hate. Being black is not.

Prominent Businessman in Oklahoma Town Was Pulled Over for DUI Suspicion. Who the Police Chief Says Tried to Get Him Off the Hook Is Highly Unethical. Video TheBlaze.com
I cannot accept a situation where a person of alleged status can influence themselves out of a citation or a crime against the people..
Please, let's get off the track here and bring in Wall Street, Corporations, the media, alleged war crimes and other deflections.
Huh? What is the point again? Cops should not be getting off when violating even the smallest laws, but yet do....??

Yep. Agree.

I have it on word of a friend who is a retired LEO.....He told me point blank that depending on the commanding officers, such as the three chiefs under which he worked place pressure on officers who "don't write enough tickets".
He also tells me that many of the citations are dismissed. What a waste of time taxpayer resoruces

That's the way it goes, unfortunately. The "rich and powerful" are so named because their riches give them power.
I had a friend in NJ who went before a judge to contest a traffic citation. He told me that the judge looked at him and told him "Son, if you can afford a good lawyer, you get justice. If you can't, you get the law."
anyway...This is about some connected guy trying to get out of a situation that he KNEW he placed himself.

That's the way it goes, unfortunately. The "rich and powerful" are so named because their riches give them power.
I had a friend in NJ who went before a judge to contest a traffic citation. He told me that the judge looked at him and told him "Son, if you can afford a good lawyer, you get justice. If you can't, you get the law."

I'd go farther, and say that if you can afford a good lawyer, you'll probably get off - if you can't, you get screwed.

More citations more money, more cops, more lawyers, more jails, more judges and a nice retirement for them all..

It's a common practice, and has been a common practice for a very long time.

It's a common practice, and has been a common practice for a very long time.
Especially in small towns.

Yep. Agree.

I have it on word of a friend who is a retired LEO.....He told me point blank that depending on the commanding officers, such as the three chiefs under which he worked place pressure on officers who "don't write enough tickets".
He also tells me that many of the citations are dismissed. What a waste of time taxpayer resoruces

Yes. They do pressure traffic officers to write tickets because that is their ONLY job....traffic law enforcement. Its like telling a bar tender to be sure hes selling beers.

And yes...many are dismissed. I knew officers who would purposely write a ticket they knew would be dismissed just to shut their sergeant up who says "No tickets this month"? And the citizen would pay 0 dollars.

Classic ones are No Proof of Insurance when their card is expired. Write the ticket...tell.them bring proof to court. Cop KNOWS its getting dismissed. ..and...they wrote a ticket to shut up any commander who asks.

Believe it or not...most cops are fairly disgusted by the city/politicians they work for. Sticking it to the admin is as fun...if not more fun...than catching a crook.

Want more tickers?? Ok. Flood the court with tickers that will get dismissed haha!

Last edited:
Yep. Agree.

Yes. They do pressure traffic officers to write tickets because that is their ONLY job....traffic law enforcement. Its like telling a bar tender to be sure hes selling beers.

And yes...many are dismissed. I knew officers who would purposely write a ticket they knew would be dismissed just to shut their sergeant up who says "No tickets this month"? And the citizen would pay 0 dollars.

Classic ones are No Proof of Insurance when their card is expired. Write the ticket...tell.them bring proof to court. Cop KNOWS its getting dismissed. ..and...they wrote a ticket to shut up any commander who asks.

Believe it or not...most cops are fairly disgusted by the city/politicians they work for. Sticking it to the admin is as fun...if not more fun...than catching a crook.

Want more tickers?? Ok. Flood the court with tickers that will get dismissed haha!
Yep. Bingo.....The bottom line is no one wants to be going about their business and have that business interrupted because "the boss wants me to do more busy work"...Which is essentially what these cops are told to do. Writing marginal citations that are most likely to be dismissed is just busy work.

Forum List

Back