Cool! We used Commie torture methods!

Oh no I have no desire to become a terrorist but I feel its my duty to point out what really torture is.

First of all, there are no POWs, since there is no war. Second, cutting off someone's head is murder, not torture. I'm still not seeing your point.

Sometimes you really are an idiot.
Cutting off someone's head with a knife is torture. Think about it.

Yet those things are used in the training of soldiers... hmmm.... I do not remember seeing anything about us only getting 2 hours of sleep a day being mentioned as torture... except by the little pansies who could not cut it and got kicked out

more pictures from basic training:
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/images/2008/04/30/wtort16.jpg

Here's an except from the page:

Another McCain story, somewhat better known, is about the Vietnamese practice of torturing him by tying his head between his ankles with his arms behind him, and then leaving him for hours. The torture so badly busted up his shoulders that to this day Mr. McCain can't raise his arms over his head. One night, a Vietnamese guard loosened his bonds, returning at the end of his watch to tighten them again so no one would notice.

Since stress positions, like the one McCain was put in, are just part of basic training, according to you, don't you think its a BAD idea to give soldiers permanent shoulder damage in basic training?

So by pointing out our torture methods but not our enemies, he has higher standards than me? Please I would like for you to explain.

I guess I'll not feel any pity for McCain since he didn't get his head cut off.

What a wus!

That's almost as ridiculous as stating it's not torture to cut somebody's head off.

There are many different types of torture, Ravi. And having your head sawed off counts as one.

That's almost as ridiculous as stating it's not torture to cut somebody's head off.

There are many different types of torture, Ravi. And having your head sawed off counts as one.

And reading your posts counts as two.

Nevertheless, just because terrorists are assholes doesn't mean we have to emulate them.

And reading your posts counts as two.

Nevertheless, just because terrorists are assholes doesn't mean we have to emulate them.

What exactly our we doing that comes close to equaling what the terrorists are doing?

That's not what he said. He said he wished our POWs were treated the way we treated theirs.

That's not what he said. He said he wished our POWs were treated the way we treated theirs.

Did he? If he wants to be beaten and waterboarded and led around naked on a leash I think there are some clubs in Missouri that can help him out.

oh sweet sompin to argue.

A - allie the training special forces go through can be expected to be seriously more difficult than the shxt basic recruits go through...hence throws a damper on the original posters claims that "they've been through that shxt".

B - that still leaves the question of what level we're subjecting possibly innocent people too.

and the best for last

C "Fairly frequently they die in training."

:clap2::clap2::clap2::mad:

WTF allie so are you saying that because we have people with the balls to undergo training that occasionally kills them that it's ok to kill prisoners?

:clap2::badgrin:

First of all, I did not go through that SHXT (as you put it) in basic training.

Secondly, sleep deprivation is sleep deprivation....I seriously doubt that the "sleep deprivation" these prisoners went through was even close to what some of us expereinced in a war zone.

Last, I dont see anywhere in the article where they were talking about killing prisoners.

Just because most of you bleeding hearts haven't suffered anything more severe than a hangover doesn't mean other US citizens or soldiers don't.

You are mostly a bunch of pansies.

Forum List

Back