Cookies

Why would someone start a thread about website cookies under "Hardware"??

-Cp said:
Why would someone start a thread about website cookies under "Hardware"??

To have you come here and question it!!!!!! :teeth:

After each run of spyboot, but then my machine is setup so that i accept cookies from the trusted sites only.
why is the question?

Bonnie said:
Does anyone find doing this pain as in loosing certain needed sites in the process?
getting rid of all your cookies can indeed have you lose automatic logins to certain sites. nature of the beast is all i can say.

Bonnie said:
Does anyone find doing this pain as in loosing certain needed sites in the process?
you would not loose sites, you would loose some login/auth information. it is a balance of security vs comfort. you choose whatever you feel more comfortable with.

just a suggestion try
www.mybookmarks.com for all your url needs and http://www.maxthon.com/ for all your browsing (it has bunch of helpfull features in terms of login)

drac said:
you would not loose sites, you would loose some login/auth information. it is a balance of security vs comfort. you choose whatever you feel more comfortable with.

just a suggestion try
www.mybookmarks.com for all your url needs and http://www.maxthon.com/ for all your browsing (it has bunch of helpfull features in terms of login)
Thanks for the sites :)
That much I do understand, Im wondering what the real benefits are? I have been dumping them daily and it seems to make my computer run better, maybe a little faster? I used to do it once a month, them my friend said "are you nuts?"........

I clear my "Internet History", "Temporary Files" and "cookies" at the end of every day. But then, I only have about 5 websites I log into. When going to one of them in the morning, I have to sign in. Not a lot of work, but acquiring cookies, Internet History and Temporary Files forever will eventually slow down your pc. Right click over your Internet Explorer Icon, choose "Properties" and clear all three. But don't clear your "Settings" button. Hope this helps. :halo:

Cameron said:
I clear my "Internet History", "Temporary Files" and "cookies" at the end of every day. But then, I only have about 5 websites I log into. When going to one of them in the morning, I have to sign in. Not a lot of work, but acquiring cookies, Internet History and Temporary Files forever will eventually slow down your pc. Right click over your Internet Explorer Icon, choose "Properties" and clear all three. But don't clear your "Settings" button. Hope this helps. :halo:

Sound advice

Forum List

Back