Constitution trivia question for a rep

Who was the person who actually wrote the words of the Constitution onto paper? This is a hard question. I will be very impressed, if anyone knows the answer without looking it up.

I cheated, but I know now!

Next quiz!

What case did the SC first rule the 1st AM binded a private entity and just not the govt., (state action)!!

I have a lot of things memorized, but the nuances of individual SCOTUS cases sans a few, I do not.

Who was the person who actually wrote the words of the Constitution onto paper? This is a hard question. I will be very impressed, if anyone knows the answer without looking it up.

Next quiz!

What case did the SC first rule the 1st AM binded a private entity and just not the govt., (state action)!!

That was the one involving distributing religous literature in the downtown of a little milltown, I think....1940-something, I think...It was a company-owned town, and therefore private property, but the court ruled that since it was for all intents and purposes conducting itself as a municipality the same rules applied.
Now if I could only remember the name. :lol:

That was the one involving distributing religous literature in the downtown of a little milltown, I think....1940-something, I think...It was a company-owned town, and therefore private property, but the court ruled that since it was for all intents and purposes conducting itself as a municipality the same rules applied.

You are correct!! That was good!!!

Marsh v. Alabama!

Next quiz!

O/T I have a good topic upon which we can argue. :evil:

Next quiz!

I have a lot of things memorized, but the nuances of individual SCOTUS cases sans a few, I do not.

Some of them are tricky, and so much depends on the procedural status of the case. Nobody can know it all! The best one can do is read, read, read, bullshit and drink with people who are also interested but do not necessarily agree with your point of view, read some more and learn how to search effectively. :thup:

Next quiz!

Some of them are tricky, and so much depends on the procedural status of the case. Nobody can know it all! The best one can do is read, read, read, bullshit and drink with people who are also interested but do not necessarily agree with your point of view, read some more and learn how to search effectively. :thup:

Arguing with those you don't agree with...check. Comes easy with debating you. ::lol: I do need to expand that section of my library. I do love to read. :)

You are correct!! That was good!!!

Marsh v. Alabama!

:woohoo:

That's it! I'm horrible with names when I can't use the Google. But I usually remember the important stuff. :D

Arguing with those you don't agree with...check. Comes easy with debating you. ::lol: I do need to expand that section of my library. I do love to read. :)

I'm just easy. To debate with, that is. :eek:
The procedural crap is boring, but really necessary if you want to understand the subtleties of appellate cases. Yeah, I know, but once it all fits together it's a much clearer picture.

That's it! I'm horrible with names when I can't use the Google. But I usually remember the important stuff. :D

I was impressed, really.

Next quiz, slightly off the Constitution topic, but still on point. Who do some historians say was the 1st President of the United States, meaning NOT George Washington.

If you answer the following question correctly, you will get rep. No searching for the answer. You get one chance. When giving the answer, you also have to state how many words are in the amendment answer you gave.

Which amendment of the Constitution contains the fewest words?

8th - 16 words

Next quiz!

O/T I have a good topic upon which we can argue. :evil:

Bring it on. :evil:

Or is that your new thread? I'll have to take a peek. :eusa_angel:

I was impressed, really.

Next quiz, slightly off the Constitution topic, but still on point. Who do some historians say was the 1st President of the United States, meaning NOT George Washington.

Hmmm...prior to the Constitution there were as many as 8 ceremonial Presidents in a given year. It was a sort of honorary position used mostly to fool foreign heads of state into thinking somebody was in charge of the popsicle stand called the Confederation.

I couldn't tell you which one was first, sorry! Washington was one of them, though.

Hmmm...prior to the Constitution there were as many as 8 ceremonial Presidents in a given year. It was a sort of honorary position used mostly to fool foreign heads of state into thinking somebody was in charge of the popsicle stand called the Confederation.

No, sorry!

No, sorry!

It is rather fun saying "No" to gold. :lol: I could get used to that. :eusa_whistle:

No, sorry!

So the so-called Presidency wasn't passed around like a hot potato prior to the Constitution?
Actually, there isn't much I'm up on as far as the Confederation goes. Not much point in learning the intricacies of a system that failed and no longer exists. Except that part caught my fancy.

So the so-called Presidency wasn't passed around like a hot potato prior to the Constitution?
Actually, there isn't much I'm up on as far as the Confederation goes. Not much point in learning the intricacies of a system that failed and no longer exists. Except that part caught my fancy.

Still want to know??

A simple Articles of Confederation question, then.

Why did it take until 1781 before the Articles were ratified?

Forum List

Back