Conservative solutions to wry's main issues

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
In another thread Wry catcher complained that the right doesnt have any solution to the major problems facing America. So I suggested he present what he considers the five most important issues facing the country and we can provide solutions for him. I figured that this would deserve its own thread.

I have my own ideas, but I want to give others a chance to respond first. I would also encourage Wry to provide his solutions. Heck, why not have any liberal members of the board provide liberal solutions for these problems. Give us a chance to evaluate both sides and see if there is any where that overlaps.

(Side note: I can't help but laugh at Wry's response. He claims that the right has no solutions, yet he knows exactly what the right's solutions are. Kind of tough if they have none isnt it?)

1. Economic Recovery

2. Enviormental Protection

3. Energy Independence

4. Border Security

5. Public Dept

[I know the conservative solution, but will hold my comments until I read the response. Please surprise me]

I'll tell you the Conservative solution....cut taxes

Got a war to pay for? Cut taxes

No healthcare? Cut taxes

Environmental problems? Cut taxes on polluters

Border problems? Cut taxes on employers

Public Debt? Cut taxes

Last edited:
Public Dept? I suppose cutting the government payroll would be a good way to reduce the deficit. (Reading Dept as department and stretching that to Departments as in employees. I know it is a stretch, but just kidding because I realize you mean "Debt")

Now, to be a little more serious and quit teasing Wry.

RW, I don't think cutting taxes is the answer and I am conservative. I think what we need to do is cut spending. Frankly, I think we need to eliminate ALL unnecessary spending raise taxes and reduce the debt. The unfortunate thing is and what will make that impossible is at least two fold. One, agreeing on what is necessary and two, fighting the corruption in Washington that continues to say that bailing out corporate greed is necessary and lucrative for the politician.

Economic Recovery, the capitalist in me says let market forces correct themselves. They always do and they will this time.

Environmental Protection, this is not a field I know a much about. This is something that I believe the government needs to do because corporate citizens don't always care about it and you and I can't do much about it at all.

Energy Independence is something we desperately need but also something that politicians make fortunes off of so not likely to be solved by either party. We need to encourage research and development of alternative sources NOW.

Border Security, I'm going to hear about this, but I don't think this is in my top ten problem areas. Illegal aliens are little more than a convenient tool for politicians to use to divide the classes. We employ and I believe need the labor that is provided by illegal aliens. Right or wrong as long as we continue to encourage them to come here, they are going to get here.

I think I would consider defending our constitutional and human rights higher than Border Security. I feel both parties are out to limit our constitutional protections and this concerns me.

I guess there are not any solutions in there, but cutting taxes is not this conservative's idea on solving our problems. I'm okay with raising taxes if appropriate cutting of expenses is also taken into consideration.

Immie

Last edited:
1. Economic Recovery
Bring corporate and business taxation into line with a country like Ireland, which is bolstering business in that country. Eliminate government waste and reduce the size and scope of government. Equal % taxation on every citizen on every dollar earned, and thus the reduction of the size and complexity of the IRS saving even more money (which means when government saves money we should not need to be taxed as much, leading for more money to spend rather than to go into the gunked up wheels of government). More money out of government and into the hands of Americans and the businesses they run and work in is better than increased government red tape for the economy. Take away financial incentive to move manufacturing and other jobs off of US soil. Make it a financial liability.

2. Environmental Protection
Keep encouraging efficiency and advancement of technology for improvement in the use of energy resources. Keep and improve laws on pollution. But stay the fuck away from this BS pseudo-economy of carbon credits and the like. But the government does not exist to ensure a fish's rights supersede the rights of our citizens.

3. Energy Independence
Weaning off of foreign oil by opening up oil reserves here in the US, encouraging the advancement of the use of natural gas as a fuel for more than home heating. Advancement of diesel technology and return diesel to the type of fuel it was intended to be. And continued advancement into alternative means of energy. There IS a market for it and the market will indeed bring about the change. Where the government needs to come in is the use of tariff and tax on foreign oil. Punch OPEC in the mouth.

4. Border Security
Actually have a patrolled and enforced border. Make being caught as an illegal alien unpalatable instead of a slap on the wrist or looking the other way. Allow and ENCOURAGE other federal, state, and local law enforcement to assist the INS by checking for citizenship/visa status. Military training and maneuvers in border 'hot zones'. Fix the citizenship application process so it is sought after more than sneaking in.

5. Public Debt
ELIMINATE GOVERNMENT SIZE AND WASTE. Eliminate entitlements to corporations and to individuals. Eliminate government research into things like pig shit smell. Eliminate extravagant government functions and parties. Punish government contractors who do not live up to the contract. Extras just not allowed until a TRUE (not a Clinton) surplus is achieved after paying off the debt.. Constitutional Amendment so that spending outside of revenues received require a 100% approval by congress and the signature of the President (meaning only in case of a true emergency). Ensure EVERY citizen pays their equal % share in taxes and eliminate this bullshit of almost 1/2 the population paying no income tax.

Those should be good starting points

I'll tell you the Conservative solution....cut taxes

Got a war to pay for? Cut taxes

No healthcare? Cut taxes

Environmental problems? Cut taxes on polluters

Border problems? Cut taxes on employers

Public Debt? Cut taxes

You are half right..... Cut taxes and quit spending things like paying for other country's abortions.... I know it's probably hard for a liberal to understand "quit spending" so that is where you stop writing checks and charging things... and you leave that money in the bank...

Obama's solution...."Spend your way out of debt" WTF!!!!!

Some very good common sense ideas Immanuel and Diamond.

Too bad OL'BO and the Clowns in Congress ain't gonna listen to common sense. Jeeze, Common Sense left DC long ago and it sure ain't commin back.

Forum List

Back