Conservatism in action- Police defend the right to assemble

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is through the looking glass.The tories are desperate to stop a march in London on saturday as it is Armisitice Day and they deem it inappropriate.

The Met are resisting this, pointing out that there is no existing law that allows them to ban the march.

A stand off ensues.

This is a wedge issue for the govt. It enables them to look patriotic whilst dragging the fallen into their grubby political games.

In doing so they miss the essential message of Armistice Day.

Never Again.

People died for the right to march, to vote, to protest. Or to not give a fuck.

A march for peace is an entirely appropriate event to hold. Only conservatives struggle with that.

Free speech should prevail Trying to outdo the far-left instead of being principled is one reason why "conservatism" is hurting today. Even if one doesn't like the message, they should be allowed to speak as long as they don't encourage violence.

Free speech should prevail Trying to outdo the far-left instead of being principled is one reason why "conservatism" is hurting today. Even if one doesn't like the message, they should be allowed to speak as long as they don't encourage violence.
My family lost 3 men in the first world war. We only got to bury one of them.

My Mam is 84 and spends November selling poppies in a local supermarket to raise money for wounded soldiers.

It offends me that a govt without any values should hijack their memory to make a cheap political point. Its beyond obscene.

Forum List

Back