Consequences of cutting Public Worker benefits.

Nope. Government will have to become more efficient and operate like a private company. (Or better yet, outsource jobs to private companies.) Now maybe government employees won't get injured by standing too close to the exit when 4:30 p.m. rolls around.

That's ridiculous. Private companies are in it for profit. That's it. That's why we need laws and regulations regarding how they conduct business. Greed has no ethics. Left up to Private companies we'd have dangerous food, underaged and overworked employees working in unsafe conditions, pollution up the wazzoo, monopolies and dangerous products.

They are not about keeping people alive. That's a big part of the reason we have government. Imperfect as it is..

Forgive me. I thought we were talking about human beings. You must be talking about some highly-advanced extraterrestrial life form.

What part of the post led you to believe that?

It's not "retardation", exactly. It's more a feeling of helplessness..which translates into a "Quisling" like syndrome..or identification with those that are victimizing you. In essense you "become" them..and strike out at people at your same level..

That's why they can't see the danger of one person in a company making 20 million dollars while that same company cuts benefits and employees. These people are "Corporate Quislings".

I'm sure if it was up to you and the rest of your kind you would make sure that Steve Jobs over at Apple would only be "allowed" to get paid maybe a million a year. The rest of the money that he should have gotten would go to those poor 99ers who by their own admission
will only begin to look for work when the benefits ran out.I friggin love the left who want to decide what is done with other peoples money .:(

So..I guess your for a line item tax return..correct?

Fewer public workers standing around scratching their butts... How will America cope???

Well they will be "scratching their butts" on the unemployment lines..while the people left pick up the slack.

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.
Less buses and trains running.

And rich folks get to keep more of their money while their companies move offshore, or fail while the taxpayer picks up the tab.

Mission accomplished.

:clap2:

No kidding. Republicans failed common sense 101. Without government, chaos would erupt.

And why is it so great to lower costs? You are going to attract the best talent to work for less? Yeah that will never work, our education will be worse. You need to get over it and start paying top dollar for teachers and actually CARE about our children's education. If we don't start caring, we will become a third world country.

This makes no sense. Non-profit that saved your life?

And our government has plenty of checks and balances to make sure they are spending money efficiently. Like I pointed out..it isn't perfect..but it's far better then most governments in the world that I've seen. And a well run, government with little or no corruption creates an enviroment where people can generate wealth. So yeah..government is responsible for wealth generation. And we've had "Private Corporate" type people running government..mostly they fail at it. One big example of this was George W. Bush. Of course..he failed in the private sector as well.

You said, and I quote, "private companies are in it for profit". I guess in your six figure income world it never occured to you that most hospitals are private companies and many are not for profit ones to boot.

Again..what sort of "Non-profit" are you talking about?

Generally I've found, and this is through my work with "Non-Profits" like the Red Cross, they recieve government subsidies or tax break/exemptions. So what are you talking about?

I'll leave you to figure it out six figure man, it is really simple to look it up.

Good, get them out of the way so we can hire new folks to take their jobs at a lower pay level. Lower pensions and lower overall cost. They will probably work better too. I found it amusing that when there was a major storm here the government was told to keep "non-essential" workers home. They were so non-essential no one knew they weren't there.

Hopefully you are right, but I have my doubts. If you pay less, you get less. It is all scaled out. A Mexican makes less because he lacks education, experience, and skills to do more. And when you rid yourself of public workers, the state hires them back as skilled private contractors, plus continues to pay their retirement benefits.

Seems to me if you can not show up for work and there is zero effect (in one case the service was faster and better with the staff on hand) then maybe you ought naught be employed at that locale.

There are too many government workers doing the same jobs. Get rid of the waste.

Yeah, we really don't need so many workers serving us. As slow as the economy is, we can afford to slow government down and spread less workers over more citizens needs.

Fewer public workers standing around scratching their butts... How will America cope???

Well they will be "scratching their butts" on the unemployment lines..while the people left pick up the slack.

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.

And rich folks get to keep more of their money while their companies move offshore, or fail while the taxpayer picks up the tab.

Mission accomplished.

No kidding. Republicans failed common sense 101. Without government, chaos would erupt.

And why is it so great to lower costs? You are going to attract the best talent to work for less? Yeah that will never work, our education will be worse. You need to get over it and start paying top dollar for teachers and actually CARE about our children's education. If we don't start caring, we will become a third world country.

Oh, we DO care for our childrens education, we just wonder why our kids get such a better education at a private school for so much less money per student? Oh and just so you know, my daughters class is 4 students larger then is the average public schools.

Good, get them out of the way so we can hire new folks to take their jobs at a lower pay level. Lower pensions and lower overall cost. They will probably work better too. I found it amusing that when there was a major storm here the government was told to keep "non-essential" workers home. They were so non-essential no one knew they weren't there.

Hopefully you are right, but I have my doubts. If you pay less, you get less. It is all scaled out. A Mexican makes less because he lacks education, experience, and skills to do more. And when you rid yourself of public workers, the state hires them back as skilled private contractors, plus continues to pay their retirement benefits.

Seems to me if you can not show up for work and there is zero effect (in one case the service was faster and better with the staff on hand) then maybe you ought naught be employed at that locale.

There are too many government workers doing the same jobs. Get rid of the waste.

Yeah, we really don't need so many workers serving us. As slow as the economy is, we can afford to slow government down and spread less workers over more citizens needs.

You're funny! Try visiting a DMV some day. Here in Nevada we are actually pretty lucky as most of the workers are fairly good. It still takes them 30 minutes to do something I do in around 8. So based on your logic they should find people like me and pay them 180k per year and fire the rest. I would go along with that.

You said, and I quote, "private companies are in it for profit". I guess in your six figure income world it never occured to you that most hospitals are private companies and many are not for profit ones to boot.

Again..what sort of "Non-profit" are you talking about?

Generally I've found, and this is through my work with "Non-Profits" like the Red Cross, they recieve government subsidies or tax break/exemptions. So what are you talking about?

I'll leave you to figure it out six figure man, it is really simple to look it up.

So we are now playing mysterious guessing games and riddled with insults?

Hookay..whatever.

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.

Mission accomplished.

Oh, we DO care for our childrens education, we just wonder why our kids get such a better education at a private school for so much less money per student? Oh and just so you know, my daughters class is 4 students larger then is the average public schools.

Uhhhh......That wouldn't be because the PARENTS are much more involved since they're paying out of their own pockets, would it?

PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT is the key. PERIOD.

And why do you think they will "work better"?

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.

Mission accomplished.

Several reasons.

-They can pick and choose which students they admit.
-They can customize the sort of classes they have, they aren't subject to the same criteria government schools have to follow.
-They don't have to provide "free" lunches.

Should someone who doesn't understand the difference between limited government and no government really be lecturing anyone on common sense 101?

Several reasons.

-They can customize the sort of classes they have, they aren't subject to the same criteria government schools have to follow.

There is no reason why public schools should not be able to do the same things. They used to have more control and options prior to the Federal Takeover of Education.

There is no reason why public schools should not be able to do the same things. They used to have more control and options prior to the Federal Takeover of Education.

There are many reasons that public schools can not do the same. Do you want your tax dollars paying for a school that your child would not be allowed to attend? All public schools have a legal obligation to accept students in their district. That is the primary difference.

Uhhhh......That wouldn't be because the PARENTS are much more involved since they're paying out of their own pockets, would it?

PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT is the key. PERIOD.

No, not at all. It seems to me the former First Lady made the claim that it takes a village to raise a child. The village here doesn't teach reading in the schools till 3rd grade. That's the public school curriculum. That's a joke. In my girls private school they began at pre-pre kindergarten. We had allready taught her her letters but they taught her how to read and she can read at the 5th grade level and she isn't even in kindergarten yet.

I know which teachers are doing their job here!

And why do you think they will "work better"?

I don't. I'm merely hoping.

Several reasons.

There are multiple reasons why public schools should never be allowed to do the same thing. First and foremost is that "at-risk" kids are most in need of an education. I don't know why Conservatives prefer prisons (which are much more expensive) over schools..but the best way to stop a problem is to go to root cause and make sure it never becomes a problem.

Several reasons.

They don't here, if you can pay you can attend. There is a limit to the overall class size however as it is a small school.

Public schools could do that too but they choose not to. Of course a lot of that BS is coming down from DC and that certainly needs to stop. Local control for the local schools is the only way to go. That being said every private school I've ever seen has had educational outcomes significantly better than the public schools. I wonder why the people allow the government to dumb down their children? Kids are sponges and can learn almost anything when they are young, but the public schools run away from that. I wonder why? Maybe because that would require them to WORK!

How do you figure? The school here certainly does provide food for its students. Of course it's built into the fee we pay. But then the same holds true for public schools. They get on average 3,000 more dollars per student and provide a far worse education, but they do help the students feel good about themselves.

There are many reasons that public schools can not do the same. Do you want your tax dollars paying for a school that your child would not be allowed to attend? All public schools have a legal obligation to accept students in their district. That is the primary difference.

Yeah? So. They get 3 grand more per student to teach them and they don't. You should be pissed as hell that your children are being ignored or simply not taught anything reasonable.

Forum List

Back