Congressional schedule for the rest of the year

R

rdean

congressional-calendar-until-nov-elections.jpg

28 days left to work before Election Day - Teaparty.org

As members leave town, they also leave on the to-do list the National Defense Authorization Act, more than 50 ambassador nominations to hotspots such as Iraq and Egypt and even expedited, bipartisan legislation to overhaul the embattled Department of Veterans Affairs. The White House and members of both parties are putting the pressure on congressional leadership to act — but this infamously do-nothing 113th Congress is unlikely to hold votes that could make lawmakers vulnerable before the November midterm elections, leaving crucial national security, foreign policy and veterans legislation in limbo.

Armed Services Ranking Member Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., warned his colleagues on Tuesday, according to DefenseNews, “Republicans, don’t come around complaining to me in December that you don’t have amendments.”

“They [Republicans] have consciously chosen a strategy to do nothing, pass nothing, approve nothing, and leave key diplomatic posts unfilled for months — threatening national security and our ability to conduct foreign policy,” Menendez said on the Senate floor on June 18.

----------------------------------------------------

Even the Teaparty.

Looks like Obama's "work" schedule.

I know Obama took off 78 days from 2009 to 2011. I know I took off 64 days during that same time. I don't know what he took off this year. Do you?

congressional-calendar-until-nov-elections.jpg

28 days left to work before Election Day - Teaparty.org

As members leave town, they also leave on the to-do list the National Defense Authorization Act, more than 50 ambassador nominations to hotspots such as Iraq and Egypt and even expedited, bipartisan legislation to overhaul the embattled Department of Veterans Affairs. The White House and members of both parties are putting the pressure on congressional leadership to act — but this infamously do-nothing 113th Congress is unlikely to hold votes that could make lawmakers vulnerable before the November midterm elections, leaving crucial national security, foreign policy and veterans legislation in limbo.

Armed Services Ranking Member Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., warned his colleagues on Tuesday, according to DefenseNews, “Republicans, don’t come around complaining to me in December that you don’t have amendments.”

“They [Republicans] have consciously chosen a strategy to do nothing, pass nothing, approve nothing, and leave key diplomatic posts unfilled for months — threatening national security and our ability to conduct foreign policy,” Menendez said on the Senate floor on June 18.

----------------------------------------------------

Even the Teaparty.

Do you understand that the the schedule is agreed to by everyone? Or that the Tea Party has often gone after the Republican Party? Why do you think the Republicans spent so much money to reelect everyone who had a challenge from the Tea Party?

Forum List

Back