Congress: Middle class incomes drop as immigration surges

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Too much of anything is not good and it's time to slow down immigration for awhile to catch up on assimilation. That includes legal immigration too.

immigration%20levels8.gif

Congress Middle class incomes drop as immigration surges WashingtonExaminer.com

Did the idiots in Congress just figure this out?

Years after everyone else did?

This isn't immigration.

It's trespassing.

Given the numbers, and the time-frame, it's more like an invasion, quite honestly.

Nothing will be done about this on Obumble's watch.

Perhaps we (collectively) will begin to recover our sanity in such matters, after January 20, 2017.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it, however.

Did the idiots in Congress just figure this out.

This isn't immigration.

It's trespassing.

Given the numbers, and the time-frame, it's more like an invasion, quite honestly.

Perhaps we (collectively) will begin to recover our sanity in such matters, after January 20, 2017.

I think the term "invasion" is a little bit of an exaggeration.

Did the idiots in Congress just figure this out.

This isn't immigration.

It's trespassing.

I think the term "invasion" is a little bit of an exaggeration.
What do you call 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens, now present upon United States soil,without our express prior consent?

"Invasion" is a defensible metaphor, in this instance.

With the added side-benefit of serving as an ideal rallying-cry for those who advocate for us to fight and reverse this trend.

Mexican immigrants are middle class? Who knew...
No, but that Plague of Locusts has eroded the tradesman's labor market and depressed wages and made decent-paying jobs more scarce for middle-class Americans.

Actually, as baby boomers retire, there is becoming a shortage of skilled trade workers. Jobs millennials don't wanna do...

No, but that Plague of Locusts has eroded the tradesman's labor market and depressed wages and made decent-paying jobs more scarce for middle-class Americans.

Actually, as baby boomers retire, there is becoming a shortage of skilled trade workers. Jobs millennials don't wanna do...
Disagree. Given that our nation has double in population-size since the Boomers were born, we have more than enough native-borns to fill those slots.

The bottom line is America does not have infinite resources. The border states are the first to feel the impact and it's real. The people being hurt are American citizens who are laborers and minimum wage workers. That is not right. Immigration has to be measured and gradual, not the sudden flood that has come in via Obumble's policies.

Disagree. Given that our nation has double in population-size since the Boomers were born, we have more than enough native-borns to fill those slots.

I wasn't stating my own opinion:

Skills Shortage Means Many Jobs Go Unfilled - WSJ

I wasn't stating my own opinion:

Skills Shortage Means Many Jobs Go Unfilled - WSJ

Increase wages if there is a labor shortage. It's called capitalism.

I guess it makes sense. Allowing cheap labor into this country would keep wages low.
Putting it another way:
- Mexican drug cartels bring criminals over to America, and their violent activities in Mexico also encourage Mexicans to try in get into the USA illegally.
- Illegal immigrants are easy to exploit and take advantage of, and most here find themselves in a poverty trap.
- Companies employ illegals often behind the counter and out of sight, and sack their legal workers as they can pay illegals less.
- Many illegals are paid less than the minimum wage, and are given working conditions below par, obviously breaking the law.
This all creates a black market and unlawful trade in illegal workers and their labor, while driving down wages for legal workers.

Filling positions isn't just a matter of counting heads.

Right. Skilled trades require skills.

Right. Skilled trades require skills.
Quit playing games/being ignorant. Commercial dry wall hangers, painters, electricians used to make good money with Benefits up to the 80s

THe Laws of Supply and Demand explain the connection.

Do you want to try to preform controlled experiments with large national economies with varying degrees of immigration and otherwise identical factors?

Want to tell me how you plan to do that?
No, you're right, it's better to simply assume causation because it looks right.
Now, what are you going to do about the carnage being caused by Nicholas Cage?

Forum List

Back