Congress Has Finally Reached A Deal To Improve Veterans' Health Care

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
shutterstock_149239613-638x425.jpg

I've read this on about a dozen sites and find myself without much hope of this ever been passed. There will be a whole lot of bickering as various factions want their own little “fixes” here and there so it will end up with so much Pork that it will oink if and when the president signs it.

Read more @ Congress Has Finally Reached A Deal To Improve Veterans' Health Care | ThinkProgress

I have read the entire Law and did not see any pork. Read the link below.
Bill Text - 113th Congress (2013-2014) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
The Law should have included H.R. 2953: Medicare VA Reimbursement Act of 2013
The use of the VA Affiliated Hospitals to reduce waiting times.
Each VA Hospital must have a Veterans Advisory Committee that meets on a regular basis.
This would keep the Veterans Community informed about the Hospital. In addition, it would give the members a forum to ask questions. It worked very well at the Northport VA Hospital in NY.

shutterstock_149239613-638x425.jpg

I've read this on about a dozen sites and find myself without much hope of this ever been passed. There will be a whole lot of bickering as various factions want their own little “fixes” here and there so it will end up with so much Pork that it will oink if and when the president signs it.

Read more @ Congress Has Finally Reached A Deal To Improve Veterans' Health Care | ThinkProgress

Truthfully I am involved somewhat in the VA with my father's care. What I witness is care that isn't bad. They respond to almost everything I ask and offer help and services. They are not perfect but neither are any other hospitals I have witnessed. Talking to vets they are kinda laughing about how much more money they are going to get. One asked me where it was coming from, I said our grandchildren. He didn't laugh after he realized how true that was. Me I don't get squat from the VA I only rode a submarine for 6 years.

I have read the entire Law and did not see any pork. Read the link below.
Bill Text - 113th Congress (2013-2014) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
The Law should have included H.R. 2953: Medicare VA Reimbursement Act of 2013
The use of the VA Affiliated Hospitals to reduce waiting times.
Each VA Hospital must have a Veterans Advisory Committee that meets on a regular basis.
This would keep the Veterans Community informed about the Hospital. In addition, it would give the members a forum to ask questions. It worked very well at the Northport VA Hospital in NY.

Thank you.

Forum List

Back