Congress can exclude or admit any foreigner it wants, for any reason or no reason

refugees.jpg

IOW, you can't point out where I said anything about other countries. The history of this country is clear, the Bible played a large role in the composition of our laws. If you want to talk about other countries, feel free to do so, but you'll be on a parallel track.

Your saying it does not make it so. The same laws exist all over the world in countires that are not Christian. They are not religious laws, they are societal.

There have been laws regarding murder, theft etc long before christianity ever reared its ugly head
Not in the US.

The same exact laws existed prior to the revolution.
Yes, and there were laws mandating church attendance in the colonies before the foundation of the federal government. There were also laws forbidding businesses to operate on Sunday. Go on.

Now you're moving on to blue laws? That's called shifting the goalposts. People do that when their original claim has been completely debunked as yours have.

How? I'm talking about America, and have been from the beginning of this. If you want to talk about other countries, feel free to do so, but you'll be on a parallel track that doesn't relate. You could, of course, point out where I said other country's laws are based on Biblical principals.

Is this intentional obtuseness or are you just really slow?

If other countries that are not "Christian" have the SAME EXACT laws, they are societal, not religious.
IOW, you can't point out where I said anything about other countries. The history of this country is clear, the Bible played a large role in the composition of our laws. If you want to talk about other countries, feel free to do so, but you'll be on a parallel track.

Your saying it does not make it so. The same laws exist all over the world in countires that are not Christian. They are not religious laws, they are societal.

There have been laws regarding murder, theft etc long before christianity ever reared its ugly head
Not in the US.

Maybe because the US was founded AFTER christianity reared its ugly head

Not in the US.

Yes, and there were laws mandating church attendance in the colonies before the foundation of the federal government. There were also laws forbidding businesses to operate on Sunday. Go on.

Now you're moving on to blue laws? That's called shifting the goalposts. People do that when their original claim has been completely debunked as yours have.
I'm illustrating the point that many laws in this country were and are based on Biblical principals. Same goal posts, same field, same game. At least you're not bleating about other countries any more.

Is this intentional obtuseness or are you just really slow?

If other countries that are not "Christian" have the SAME EXACT laws, they are societal, not religious.

Not in the US.

The Founders of the US relied on Biblical principals when they crafted the laws of the nation. It may make you angry to think about it, but Biblical principals were important to the founders of this country. Not every law, of course, was prompted by the Bible, so don't try to build that straw man.

Not in the US.

I'm illustrating the point that many laws in this country were and are based on Biblical principals. Same goal posts, same field, same game. At least you're not bleating about other countries any more.

That wasn't your original claim. Some localities have blue laws that prohibit the sale of alcohol. While they are created by the bible crowd, I question that they are "biblical" in nature.

We don't base our laws on the bible, we base them on societal norms that predate Christianity. This is a fact you can't duck or dodge.

Not in the US.

That wasn't your original claim. Some localities have blue laws that prohibit the sale of alcohol. While they are created by the bible crowd, I question that they are "biblical" in nature.

We don't base our laws on the bible, we base them on societal norms that predate Christianity. This is a fact you can't duck or dodge.
You also can't deny the spirituality of the Founding Fathers and their reliance on Scripture and faith when creating the nation.

You also can't deny the spirituality of the Founding Fathers and their reliance on Scripture and faith when creating the nation.

And again that was not your original claim. The FF also relied on the Koran...that doesn't make us a Muslim country any more than a Christian one. Our laws are not based on the bible, period.

With a Christian nation one thing was self evident...They acted as bad as non-Christian nations when they wanted something from the natives or another nation...

Not in the US.

The Founders of the US relied on Biblical principals when they crafted the laws of the nation. It may make you angry to think about it, but Biblical principals were important to the founders of this country. Not every law, of course, was prompted by the Bible, so don't try to build that straw man.

Stop with the may make you angry shit

I have no anger I am merely telling you that despite what you think there have been laws against muder and theft and many other things before there was christianity

In fact the 10 commandments merely incorporated these laws that already existed so you see they really are not biblical principles since they existed before the bible

ffr_adams_tripoli.jpg

(psssst...he was a Founding Father)

1) I am the LORD thy God... Thou shalt have no other gods before me. - Not only is this not a law in the United States, there's that whole 1st Amendment thing...

2) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image - is that a law anywhere in any state?

3) Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain - anyone jailed for that?

4) Remember the sabbath day - Hey, you got one kinda. Blue laws! (but a lot of people work on Sunday's and there is no law against working on a Sunday. Extra credit point I guess.

5) Honour thy father and thy mother - Can you cite me a statute on this one? Legal code? Anything?

6) Thou shalt not kill - Hey look, you got a full, honest to goodness one...but as mentioned this prohibition predates Christianity AND Judaism.

7) Thou shalt not commit adultery - Yup, you get some extra credit here too. Some places have laws against adultery, but those are kinda like blue laws.

8) Thou shalt not steal - (refer back to Thou shalt not kill)

9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour - sure, this one applies since we have laws against perjury and lying under oath so you get this one.

10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. - This is also not illegal anywhere.

Okay so out of 10 Commandments from god, how many are laws? And of those that ARE laws, how many predate Christianity and are therefore societal laws and not religious ones?

And again that was not your original claim. The FF also relied on the Koran...that doesn't make us a Muslim country any more than a Christian one. Our laws are not based on the bible, period.
The two are not exclusive. Our laws can be in part based on Biblical ideals without it being a "Christian" nation. Why do you insist on arguing things that are not part of the discussion?

Not in the US.

He said angrily.

I have no anger I am merely telling you that despite what you think there have been laws against muder and theft and many other things before there was christianity

In fact the 10 commandments merely incorporated these laws that already existed so you see they really are not biblical principles since they existed before the bible
So, if MLK borrowed some ideals from Ghandi, you can't say MLK had ideals? Kind of odd. Principals from the Bible are Biblical principals, regardless of their original source. IOW, a person can say they have ideals regardless of who had similar ideals before.

National Review gets the truth out over all the talking heads and the bullshit establishment GOP. Others "get it". Like Rupert Murdoch who says that the refugee program needs to pause and reviews have to be taken to get it right.

Grow up assholes. We're living in dangerous times.

"First of all, it’s important to underline that Congress can exclude or admit any foreigner it wants, for any reason or no reason.

Non-Americans have no constitutional right to travel to the United States and no constitutional due-process rights to challenge exclusion; as the Supreme Court has written multiple times,

“Whatever the procedure authorized by Congress is, it is due process as far as an alien denied entry is concerned.”

What’s more, while the president doesn’t have the authority that Obama has claimed, to let in anyone he wants for any reason (under the guise of “parole”), he does have the statutory authority to keep anyone out, for any reason he thinks best.

From 8 USC §1182: Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate (emphasis added)."

Read more at: It's Time for a Grown-Up Alternative to Trump's Crude Muslim-Immigration Proposal, by Mark Krikorian, National Review
So...how do we check for Muslim-ism?

C'mon, that's easy, I can spot a muslim a mile away if they're wearing their turbans or long beards and if they're shouting aluha akbar and carrying an ISIS flag. And the women jeesh no problem there long as the tricky bitches don't take off their masks. And I think they're circumcised, or was that uncircumcised? Don't matter they got tiny dicks too.

Not in the US.

He said angrily.

So, if MLK borrowed some ideals from Ghandi, you can't say MLK had ideals? Kind of odd. Principals from the Bible are Biblical principals, regardless of their original source. IOW, a person can say they have ideals regardless of who had similar ideals before.

Try and pass that off in the real world without being called a plagiarist

There is nothing special about your so called biblical principles as they have been around long before the bible
Anyone who has ever read the histories of great civilizations knows that as the founders knew that

Not in the US.

He said angrily.

There is nothing special about your so called biblical principles as they have been around long before the bible
Anyone who has ever read the histories of great civilizations knows that as the founders knew that
So MLK was a plagiarist because he believed in non-violent protest. The more you know...

He said angrily.

So MLK was a plagiarist because he believed in non-violent protest. The more you know...

He did not pass those ideas off as completely his own as you do with your biblical crap

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
--John Adams

The congress, however, can't constitutionally make 'a law respecting a religion' as part of the first amendment.

They don't determine quotas, visa costs and the like anyhow, do they?

Forum List

Back