Congratulations

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
As someone who doesn't always agree with the President, I'd just like to congratulate him and John Roberts on the confirmation.

I hope Mr. Roberts does us proud.

I'd also like to thank Democrats for not filibustering.

So congratulations all around to those who were civil throughout the whole process.

The ClayTaurus said:
As someone who doesn't always agree with the President, I'd just like to congratulate him and John Roberts on the confirmation.

So congratulations all around to those who were civil throughout the whole process.

here, here .... and to those that were rude and less than civil 06 will be fun

dmp said:
...and a mighty, heart-felt :fu2: to certain-said democrats who did not. :(

Can't resist, can you :)

A heart-felt :fu2: to Republicans who whined whenever they could that the Democrats were going to make this as tough as possible.

Congrats to the civils on BOTH sides.

:fu2:'s to the assholes.

I don't think they should be congratulated for behaving with civility and doing their jobs, but I guess I'm an idealist.

The whole process has become entirely too political, and I'd prefer an abolition of the entire "Senate Confirmation Hearing" circus-trial sideshow farce.

Zhukov said:
I don't think they should be congratulated for behaving with civility and doing their jobs, but I guess I'm an idealist.

The whole process has become entirely too political, and I'd prefer an abolition of the entire "Senate Confirmation Hearing" circus-trial sideshow farce.

Before the media it was a good idea. I think the hearings and confirmation should be closed so it doesn't become such an idiotic display of partisan politics.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
no1tovote4 said:
Before the media it was a good idea. I think the hearings and confirmation should be closed so it doesn't become such an idiotic display of partisan politics.

As I understand it the process of a Senate Confirmation Hearing is a relatively new development (if anyone could reinforce or dispute this idea that would be nice, I cannot find anything but I heard it somewhere), within the past 60 years or so.

The President can nominate whoever he wants. Member of Congress can decide if they want to vote for or against. They can get information from the Library of Congress, ask for information from the Executive branch if applicable, examine the American Bar Associations' opinion, submit questions to the nominee in writing, ask for a personal interview with the nominee himself.

After all that, I don't see the (other than political) purpose of having a Senate Confirmation Hearing.

I see it as the Legislature insinuating itself into the affairs of the Executive in an attempt to acquire more influence in the whole process than the Constitution intended. But that's just me.

The ClayTaurus said:
Can't resist, can you :)

A heart-felt :fu2: to Republicans who whined whenever they could that the Democrats were going to make this as tough as possible.

Congrats to the civils on BOTH sides.

:fu2:'s to the assholes.

Read what you are writing? You are :fuc2:'ing REPUBLICANS who were complaining about the bullshit Democrats 'tend' to pull :)

Ann Coulter's rule:

"NEVER compliment a Democrat"

:)

dmp said:
Read what you are writing? You are :fuc2:'ing REPUBLICANS who were complaining about the bullshit Democrats 'tend' to pull :)

Ann Coulter's rule:

"NEVER compliment a Democrat"

:)

Oi. I was :fu2: anyone who was detracting from his confirmation. Filibustering and bitching about the potential of something happening both fall under that category for me.

I tried complimenting republicans and I get bitching about democrats. Maybe the rule should be "NEVER compliment anyone" ;)

dmp said:
...and a mighty, heart-felt :fu2: to certain-said democrats who did not. :(

One Harry Reid of my home state of Nevada...whom I have not voted for... for the past ten years...deserves this profound KUDO!

ps: before ya jump on me...I am not a Demo or Rep...just a ultra conservative registered "American Independent"

The ClayTaurus said:

It was nice to have something go relatively smooth for a change. I like Roberts a lot. He is the mold that every Supreme Court Justice should fit into.

I was watching the yeas and nays, and nothing to be very shocked by. The senator from Hawaii...LaKaKarocha, or whatever his name is...was apparently on the fence, but went with a nay. Clinton voted nay, which I thought there was a slim chance she might vote yea just to look good. Liebermann voted yea. Boxer, Biden, and Kennedy voted nay, which might surprise someone if they just got back from Pluto. Kerry wasn't there for the vote, and anyone that looks at his attendance record isn't shocked by that.

The ClayTaurus said:

I agree; let's recognize and enjoy the relative good will while we can. I am afraid that the next nominee will not go so smoothly.

Jimmyeatworld said:
It was nice to have something go relatively smooth for a change. I like Roberts a lot. He is the mold that every Supreme Court Justice should fit into.

I was watching the yeas and nays, and nothing to be very shocked by. The senator from Hawaii...LaKaKarocha, or whatever his name is...was apparently on the fence, but went with a nay. Clinton voted nay, which I thought there was a slim chance she might vote yea just to look good. Liebermann voted yea. Boxer, Biden, and Kennedy voted nay, which might surprise someone if they just got back from Pluto. Kerry wasn't there for the vote, and anyone that looks at his attendance record isn't shocked by that.

Smooth, you say? Well, perhaps relatively speaking. But it only went that way because the Dems could not find ONE THING wrong with Roberts after grilling him to death plus I think the hurricanes knocked it out of the news. They really hit bottom when they criticized him for calling our southern neighbors "amigos" sometime back in his twenties. The very fact that many Dems still opposed Roberts tells you that hard core left will NEVER EVER give up attempting to destroy our court system.

Back when the Dems nominated the communist Ruth Bader Ginsberg, the Republicans unanimously approved the Dems nomination because she was a qualified judge and they did not judge her politics. From now on the Republicans need to totally abandon that approach of fairness and fight every nomination the Dems make. Also, they need to stand their ground on the next nomination, make it a solid conservative one, and not give an inch.

Forum List

Back